UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One guy say once a week !! And the other say every two weeks

There were two guys from Pizza Mama Mia quoted in the press.

Abdulkadir Tekagac is quoted here describing Corrie as a friend. This is the guy interviewed on the documentary.

Mehmet Tekagac is pictured and quoted here. He is in the background on the documentary.

I agree he could have jogged but then he would surely have been seen by someone? The important thing is his phone, with or without him, was in BM area at 04.30 according to police so what ever was the whole scenario about the bin or the bin lorry because the phone clearly couldn't have got from the bin area (04.20) to BM mast area in only 10 minutes could it? JMO

That's a very interesting point you make. The phone pings are beyond me, however much I attempt to grasp the maps so I can't comment usefully there.
However it does bring up how could the bin lorry make it to BM ten minutes after the bin lorry driver spotting 3 youths at 4.20 in BSE? Or have I misunderstood that too?

Just wondering, is the forensic astrology stuff still happening on cases here? I think it would be interesting to see their thoughts. Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but browsing a previous case where they have been used. TIA

Just wondering, is the forensic astrology stuff still happening on cases here? I think it would be interesting to see their thoughts. Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but browsing a previous case where they have been used. TIA

No, that board hasn't been active for quite some time. Besides, due to our data protection laws it's more difficult in the UK, without close family on side, to get the relevant data (birth date and time and MPR date and time) that's needed for FA to be used fully.

Rather than reply to a lot of individual posts, I'm just going to empty my brain onto the page & hope you can pick out some useful info:

1. The first sets of railings are outside restaurants so occasionally have banners hung on them. They are different styles, black and white, some have gold tops to the posts. I think this would account for things been seen there.

2. Brentgovel St bends slightly towards the horseshoe so it is not possible to see the horseshoe or the top of Short Brackland from Hughes doorway, even if you leant out when sitting. Doubtful you'd even hear a vehicle and know it was in that area.

3. The bus station is literally a minutes walk north of Mamma Mia so Corrie could have been picked up on cctv if he was looking to doss somewhere for early morning public transport.

I think it would have been fairly easy for Corrie to have been left to drive into town himself.

My experience of these nights is meet in the bar after work and a couple of people volunteer to drive. They say "I'm leaving from this place at this time." They aren't necessarily parked near each other, nor do they always drive round to pick you up at the front door of the accommodation. If you're not there at said time, tough, you miss out on a lift. You're talking young lads, Regiment Gunners; they won't want to hang about for a mate who knew the arrangements and they don't bother phoning anyone who isn't there. And when you're the sober designated driver, you don't want to hang about either when 3 drunk passengers are messing with your car stereo, electric windows and seat recliner to get you to set off!

Maybe Corrie was one who might delay things with needing to make a phone call or sort out the puppy. Do that too many times, you won't be popular for cutting into valuable drinking time...

That's a very interesting point you make. The phone pings are beyond me, however much I attempt to grasp the maps so I can't comment usefully there.
However it does bring up how could the bin lorry make it to BM ten minutes after the bin lorry driver spotting 3 youths at 4.20 in BSE? Or have I misunderstood that too?

I think the biggest issue is the lack of information about the phone pings. All we've been told is it pinged at varying times leaving BSE and then varying times in the Barton Mills "area".

We have been told it pinged a micro mast around BM that we have guessed is located behind McDonald's on the fiveways roundabout. My question here is can a phone be pinging multiple masts simultaneously?

Reason I ask is that ~1.2km away as the crow flies from the above micro mast is this more substantial looking one: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.3...4!1sCxM_xAD5HRZFRYn3535MRw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Corrie not being noticed leaving Flex is a bit odd: never been in there so don't know how big or loud it is. Had he separated from his mates to go to the loo? Or spot some people he (vaguely?) knew and went to say hello and was being a bit boisterous?

Rather than reply to a lot of individual posts, I'm just going to empty my brain onto the page & hope you can pick out some useful info:

3. The bus station is literally a minutes walk north of Mamma Mia so Corrie could have been picked up on cctv if he was looking to doss somewhere for early morning public transport.
RSBM

You sound like a local? Can you tell us if there is any public transport throughout the night in BSE please?

eta: Just wondering, as I am still not sure how anyone knew Corrie intended to walk back to base that evening -though maybe he mentioned to someone in a phone call ?

I live locally, tho born & raised up north, and have never caught a bus in BSE; I mostly walk! The bus station closes at night; I don't know times of first or last buses that might be heading in the Mildenhall/Honington direction.

Also, there's a taxi rank in Cornhill, would have been just a couple of minutes walk from Flex or Hughes. There are some 24 hour taxis. I think the latest I've seen taxis is around 1am - this was at the bus station for pickups off the national express from London.

No idea on trains.

I think the biggest issue is the lack of information about the phone pings. All we've been told is it pinged at varying times leaving BSE and then varying times in the Barton Mills "area".

We have been told it pinged a micro mast around BM that we have guessed is located behind McDonald's on the fiveways roundabout. My question here is can a phone be pinging multiple masts simultaneously?

Reason I ask is that ~1.2km away as the crow flies from the above micro mast is this more substantial looking one: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.3...4!1sCxM_xAD5HRZFRYn3535MRw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Absolutely. We really have such little 'forensic' information released it is almost impossible to make valuable judgements.
Sadly I doubt if more detailed info will be released pubicly.

But the family have dismissed AWOL out of hand. I understand a family not wanting to believe it but would they go to (or be allowed by Police) all this trouble of getting a PI etc if they are in denial?

We don't actually know what Police have in the case as frustrating as it is that we're getting virtually nothing from them....

http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news...keague-urges-nephew-to-get-in-touch-1-7607615

If it's worked, this link is from about a week after Corrie's disappearance where Tony makes an appeal in get in touch "if it's for any reason that you're now AWOL..."

Hi all, new to the board, please forgive the mistakes if and when you find them.
Ref 'Pings' from masts/phones, you have to bear in mind that we are talking about a small hand held device travelling about the countryside with undulating roads, hills, high trees, buildings and lots and lots of open countryside. I'm sure it would largely depend on direct line of sight, too, (if any at all), and most importantly, the acceptable range the handset will TX (transmit),(battery power, and internal antenna type), also what the mast's capability is to RX (Receive). (Type and age of external antenna). There is, I can assure you, at the back of McDonald's, a, what they describe as a, 'Micro Mast', fence and all.
The mast you refer to the rear of the Suffolk Police Constabulary Offices/building, Mildenhall Sub Branch. This I would imaging though, is just for official Police use and not commercial. Attachments to antenna do not resemble those on a mobile mast. Different type of comms kit being employed TX/RX.

Hi all, new to the board, please forgive the mistakes if and when you find them.
Ref 'Pings' from masts/phones, you have to bear in mind that we are talking about a small hand held device travelling about the countryside with undulating roads, hills, high trees, buildings and lots and lots of open countryside. I'm sure it would largely depend on direct line of sight, too, (if any at all), and most importantly, the acceptable range the handset will TX (transmit),(battery power, and internal antenna type), also what the mast's capability is to RX (Receive). (Type and age of external antenna). There is, I can assure you, at the back of McDonald's, a, what they describe as a, 'Micro Mast', fence and all.
The mast you refer to the rear of the Suffolk Police Constabulary Offices/building, Mildenhall Sub Branch. This I would imaging though, is just for official Police use and not commercial. Attachments to antenna do not resemble those on a mobile mast. Different type of comms kit being employed TX/RX.

just to clarify. Do you refer to the Kingsway mast? As referenced in TTWO's post above?

Intterestinly that links to: http://www.forces.tv/20022821 which is an interview with Uncle T. I haven't seen before.
Not sure if it has been linked before, but........

Thanks - hadn't seen that one either. I notice he refers to what's now thought of as the 'dropped chip moment' by saying "... although he did appear to drop something. Whether that was his food or his phone, I'm not sure..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog