UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Intterestinly that links to: http://www.forces.tv/20022821 which is an interview with Uncle T. I haven't seen before.
Not sure if it has been linked before, but........

Oh that's odd. Sorry! :facepalm: It takes me to an article from 'Bury Free Press' dated 1 October, headline refers to TW asking Corrie to get in touch. No idea what's going on then.

With all this talk about phone masts I just want to emphasize that my theory yesterday used the LE data that said corrie was in the Mildenhall area between 0430 and 0800, which I believe was based on phone data, but if that is wrong please do correct me. Also I wouldn't be surprised if another family update is forthcoming as it is over a week since the last one and a lot has happened in this last week. Should be interesting.

With all this talk about phone masts I just want to emphasize that my theory yesterday used the LE data that said corrie was in the Mildenhall area between 0430 and 0800, which I believe was based on phone data, but if that is wrong please do correct me. Also I wouldn't be surprised if another family update is forthcoming as it is over a week since the last one and a lot has happened in this last week. Should be interesting.

IMO, Now that funding is in place to contract a PI, these updates may become thin on the ground. The PI may request total privacy in order that he can operate under cover with a clause that there will be NO media coverage. I would even be surprised if the PI will be named and things may go very quiet while public will be encouraged to keep spreading the word via SM etc. Without solid details and facts, I cannot see where we can go with this at the moment.

Hi, first-time poster here. My thoughts during the first couple of weeks of this case were that he walked towards Barton Mills on foot and had an accident. I still consider this a likely explanation.

I would rule out AWOL (why start an AWOL escape with excessive drinking?!), military abduction (he was in civvies on a night out in a non-military town) and gay hook-ups (he was straight) but I have a fairly open mind otherwise. I consider abduction of a sexual (rather than military) nature to be a possibility. My thoughts are as follows:

He sat down in the Hughes doorway (perhaps to bide time until his friends left Flex but perhaps not) and unintentionally fell asleep; when he awoke, he decided to make his own way home.
He then walked via the Horseshoe out of Bury. The fact that the Horseshoe is the final CCTV footage has given it unnecessary prominence. The police haven't said he couldn't have left by foot and I believe walking along Short Brackland is still a real possibility.
In a drunken state of mind he walked in the wrong direction (probably along the A1101) in the general Barton Mills/Mildenhall direction.
Given that he's a healthy guy, he probably walked at 3mph and the pings, which I believe suggest he left the Bury phone mast at around 4.30, would support this. (Occam's razor would suggest that he and his phone were still together - I think it's unlikely they got lost in different directions!)
Between 4.30 and 5.00-ish he was outside the scope of both the Bury or Barton Mills masts - if either of these masts had a range of 3-5 miles, the distance walked between these times may only be 1-3 miles.
If he had sobered up sufficiently when he realised he'd made a wrong turn, he may have decided to continue to the nearest town, i.e. Mildenhall, rather than walk the 15+ miles to Honington. This would have made it easier to catch a taxi or bus back to base.
Corrie may have changed his route to avoid the footpath-less and verge-less A1101 from either Lackford or Icklingham onwards. Assuming he had his phone and he had sobered up a bit by now, he would be able to check his map app and find an alternative route. Many of the footpaths near Lackford are near lakes and the main footpath from Icklingham to Barton Mills is by the River Lark and grazed by intimidating cattle.
Corrie could have slipped into a lake or river, which would explain his disappearance and the timings of the mobile phone pings.
Welcome tomothy. Your first post is a good theory and I wonder if you parficularly know at which point along the A1101 that you lose the BSE signal and then pick up the BM signal by any chance? It could be very helpful especially for future searches.

BBM.

Interesting that the one and only time the Suffolk Police press releases state his phone was in the the Mildenhall area between those times was the 2nd of October. The next day is when they report about the bin lorry coinciding with the phone and from then on they only state Barton Mills area with no times.

Jean Claud said:
The mast you refer to the rear of the Suffolk Police Constabulary Offices/building, Mildenhall Sub Branch. This I would imaging though, is just for official Police use and not commercial. Attachments to antenna do not resemble those on a mobile mast. Different type of comms kit being employed TX/RX.

Yes, I had noticed and wondered about the mast being on the Police station site. Looking on mastdata and these masts are known as Airwaves (emergency services radio) but they also seem to carry mobile phone carriers too. This particular site seems to have Orange on there. There are also others masts in the area though, so it would be nice to know the exact mast(s) Corries phone pinged.

I'm sure the Police have by now got everything they can get from the pings and that is really all that matters.

It has mainly come from his mum's and brother's interviews.
It is pretty much "uncontested" that he parked in the Disabled Bay, drank and spoke to his brother.

Before leaving the vehicle, he also was a party to the picture which he later shared at 0308. Also uncontested.

This pic wasn't of he and his brother (no contest) and it wasn't sent to his brother.
It's content however, is unknown. But confirmed by Nicola, it is of Corrie and another friend, in London.
So this has changed. Wasn't it originally stated it was a picture of corrie and his brother sent to a friend? But now your saying it was a picture taken in the car in robert boby? So it was just a pic of corrie alone in the car?

We had "issues" with "Honey Traps" in Northern Ireland (Op Banner) and in Germany (BAOR).

These happened.

I'm trying to think of the railway sation where the PIRA killed two guys. A bit before my time....but we could never walk around in uniform for years later. Yet you had a "short haircut" and "you always walked next to walls" !!!!

Litchfield.....& RhienD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMO, Now that funding is in place to contract a PI, these updates may become thin on the ground. The PI may request total privacy in order that he can operate under cover with a clause that there will be NO media coverage. I would even be surprised if the PI will be named and things may go very quiet while public will be encouraged to keep spreading the word via SM etc. Without solid details and facts, I cannot see where we can go with this at the moment.
I guess it depends also if he is found and under what circumstances. If foul play were suspected you can forget the PI and the updates IMO.

OMG, All this talk about mobile masts while it has already been stated that the phone may have been disposed of and no longer with him and the constant mention of the bin lorry does my head in! IMO all of the data can be retrieved via the network provider so why are so many on here drawn towards theories of triangulation etc? The network providers will have all the details with more exact details than people are sitting around dreaming about. It's all well monitored and everything can be retrieved. Concentrate on the visuals and probably best to leave datacomms to the professionals as none of us will ever be privvy to such information.

OMG, All this talk about mobile masts while it has already been stated that the phone may have been disposed of and no longer with him and the constant mention of the bin lorry does my head in! IMO all of the data can be retrieved via the network provider so why are so many on here drawn towards theories of triangulation etc? The network providers will have all the details with more exact details than people are sitting around dreaming about. It's all well monitored and everything can be retrieved. Concentrate on the visuals and probably best to leave datacomms to the professionals as none of us will ever be privvy to such information.
Well I prefer to go by LE statements wherever possible .

So this has changed. Wasn't it originally stated it was a picture of corrie and his brother sent to a friend? But now your saying it was a picture taken in the car in robert boby? So it was just a pic of corrie alone in the car?

As I understand it:

A friend of Corrie's requests a picture from a previous night out of either Corrie and said friend or Corrie and Darroch (still not sure about this part!) this request is from earlier in the evening
Corrie doesn't have the picture but Darroch/another friend does.
Darroch/other friend sends picture to Corrie
Corrie forwards it on to the friend that requested it at 03:08

I'm not sure why James has got confused about the photo being taken in the car, there's never been any suggestion about that. There was initially confusion about whether the photo was sent to Darroch (no idea why they would have allowed that misinformation to get out) but it's been clear for a while that Corrie sent the photo of himself and 1 friend to a different friend.

I honestly think the whole photo business is a total wild goose chase

As I understand it:

A friend of Corrie's requests a picture from a previous night out of either Corrie and said friend or Corrie and Darroch (still not sure about this part!) this request is from earlier in the evening
Well yes it is still not clear so why don't they just say who the friend is which would clear it up. I can't see why they wouldn't if they really want to find him.

BBM - this isn't correct and is why people are still talking about the phone. There are many messaging and other apps for which data is not held by the service provider. Having the phone in the early days might have yielded this info password protection permitting, I very much doubt they'd get much after all this time.

JMO

Well yes it is still not clear so why don't they just say who the friend is which would clear it up. I can't see why they wouldn't if they really want to find him.

It's not clear but maybe they aren't telling us because it's not relevant to anything. It wouldn't be fair on any of Corrie's friends to be thrown to the wolves ,just because he happened to be passing round a photo of them. Imagine 70,000 cyber stalking you if you were in the picture :notgood:

As I understand it:

Very well put ITA

Just thinking out loud here and eventually the tree will hopefully bare fruit.

I'm sure all the Mil people on here will agree that no matter what the situation a 'blue on blue' situation would have been avoided at all costs. In Civvy parlance, it's probably a safe bet that he has not come to harm by someone who was UKMil. I would hazard a guess that that would also encompass our USMil colleagues too, although there have been recent US 'on base' incidents in the USA. So that leans towards a non Mil perp surely?

So to theorise...
1. A non Mil perp.
2. Same age group?
3. Similar risk taker?
4. Female?
5. Able to collect Corrie at approximately 0330?

I admit that I have drunkenly walked in the wrong direction for miles, it happens. The two main routes from Bury to Honington involve the A134 or A143, which are both single-carriageway A-roads with villages every few miles. In the dark these would look similar to the A1101 towards Barton Mills, which is also a single-carriageway A-road with villages every few miles.

I have to admit I've done the same thing at 0400 tanked up. It was only for the fact that it was a clear sky that I was able to find somewhere off the main A road, sit down, remove my shoe lace, hold it up to the North Star and take a bearing to the horizon that I knew for definite I was heading in the wrong direction. This was three miles into the journey the wrong way....so another three miles back PLUS a fair few miles on top back to base. Suffice to say the sun was well and truly up by the time I hit the main gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member