UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiously, I don't see an EE mast on this map. Does anyone know for sure if EE shares other companies'
2afadd6e2faa04a9ab98390fb5f62311.jpg
a19ba96a9652a1ec48a4f60878718f19.jpg
masts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unless it was used as some form of message to somebody he may have arranged to meet?

Can photos be sent on Tinder/Grindr type apps? If not it seems plausible that a potential "hook up" might have asked him to text another pic of himself, perhaps so they could recognise him when they met up. However, I believe both Tinder and Grindr will pass info to the police if asked so I'd be surprised if this hadn't been checked.

Do we even know how the photo was sent? I send quite a few pics from my phone but very rarely by text as I get charged by EE, so I use Whatsapp or FB Messenger. We know a message was sent at 3:08 so it was probably not by Whatsapp, there are other messaging and dating apps though. What's the official word on all this?

@CoverMeCagney

I agree with eeejay in thinking the the photo exchange was done via Facebook/FB Messenger

@MidSummer

The answer is in your previous post: EE Limited (EE, T-Mobile, Orange) ;)

Curiously, I don't see an EE mast on this map. Does anyone know for sure if EE shares other companies'
2afadd6e2faa04a9ab98390fb5f62311.jpg
a19ba96a9652a1ec48a4f60878718f19.jpg
masts?

I think Ee and t.mobile may have joined forces. Re your theory and timeline, if corrie hung around till 0345 wouldn't someone have seen him? I am not sure he was picked up in bin area at all as they don't seem to be worried about any vehicles now so maybe he walked out to be picked up in SB. I do think it could have been prearranged too. I also think his phone went with him. Is that what you think in your theory?

I realise I keep throwing curve ball comments in the mix here but in my opinion they may be important, if only to stimulate a different thought process.
We've practically accepted that Corrie left in a vehicle (probably a car?) but we seem to be still split on the idea that he travelled with his phone towards BM mast area. We've also considered that there must be a connection between him, the driver who gave him a lift and the Barton Mills/Mildenhall area. What if this wasn't the case? What if Corrie had just called in a favour that evening by text or other means for a lift from someone he knew and was in his contacts list AND worked/lived in BSE? It may explain an exact 0330? I'm fairly certain that he made the contact prior to getting his food although I have no evidence. It's a very strong gut instinct for me.

The scenario would be thus:
0324: Corrie seen on CCTV in 'Horseshoe' area.
0330: Driver finishes work in BSE.
0345+ Driver manages to finally get away from work after her/his duties (bottling, clearing up, cashing up for instance etc).
0400: Driver drives to 'Horseshoe' area via Shortbrackland and collects Corrie. Driver stops off at a late night outlet to grab a sandwich and Corrie reclines the car seat to sleep. He's missed all the way from The 'Horseshoe' to the outlet and because of the reclined seat.
0430: Vehicle (car?) finally leaves BSE mast area and heads for BM/Mildenhall.
0458: Vehicle enters BM mast area.
0510: Driver drops Corrie at his destination and he (fill in the blank).
0515: Driver returns to BSE to their own house.

Granted, this driver should have come forward in this scenario but so should all the others if we're being honest :/.

Thoughts?

The 0400 is not necessarily important but the 'getting away from work' and their travel time is. If you add th

Could you not argue the bin driver fits this criteria? He could have had kids corries age

Can photos be sent on Tinder/Grindr type apps? If not it seems plausible that a potential "hook up" might have asked him to text another pic of himself, perhaps so they could recognise him when they met up. However, I believe both Tinder and Grindr will pass info to the police if asked so I'd be surprised if this hadn't been checked.

Do we even know how the photo was sent? I send quite a few pics from my phone but very rarely by text as I get charged by EE, so I use Whatsapp or FB Messenger. We know a message was sent at 3:08 so it was probably not by Whatsapp, there are other messaging and dating apps though. What's the official word on all this?

If the recipient of the message came forward with the contents of the message it could have been WhatsApp, I think it's most likely they know of the message because the recipient has come forward

This is on find corrie website about receiving a text and it being forwarded to a friend. I think I read that a pic was sent via whatsapp and it was mentioned in an interview as an example of corrie not being too drunk. I do not know the reason why it was stated initially that corries brother was involved in this 03.08 text/pic exchange but tbh how would they know about it if they weren't a party to the message? And how would they know that what's app was used? Wouldn't they need the phone to know that?

I think Ee and t.mobile may have joined forces. Re your theory and timeline, if corrie hung around till 0345 wouldn't someone have seen him? I am not sure he was picked up in bin area at all as they don't seem to be worried about any vehicles now so maybe he walked out to be picked up in SB. I do think it could have been prearranged too. I also think his phone went with him. Is that what you think in your theory?

I think this fits best with the phone pings, he would have to walk, meet the driver, then get in and drive towards bm. It could explain the length of time it took for the phone to reach Barton mills because the time of leaving in a car is far later than had he been picked up in the horseshoe

This is on find corrie website about receiving a text and it being forwarded to a friend. I think I read that a pic was sent via whatsapp and it was mentioned in an interview as an example of corrie not being too drunk. I do not know the reason why it was stated initially that corries brother was involved in this 03.08 text/pic exchange but tbh how would they know about it if they weren't a party to the message? And how would they know that what's app was used? Wouldn't they need the phone to know that?

I would say the message was irrelevant and sent to a friend who told the family and showed them the message their end when they knew he was missing

I would say the message was irrelevant and sent to a friend who told the family and showed them the message their end when they knew he was missing
so you think he arranged a lift earlier in the evening or daytime even?
Edit. They can't have been the arranged pickup then if they have come foward so any lift was arranged earlier either pre-nap or in person therefore. It's complicated right?

I do remember reading this but for the life of me I can't find it stated on the find Corrie website.
It's on Nov 2nd update if I remember correctly. It was also reported in the media teenagers seen on cctv too.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

so you think he arranged a lift earlier in the evening or daytime even?
Edit. They can't have been the arranged pickup then if they have come foward so any lift was arranged earlier either pre-nap or in person therefore. It's complicated right?

Hard to say, if he was using WhatsApp then that 3.08 message is just the last known message not necessarily the last he sent. It could have been pre arranged or arranged in that doorway.

I'm inclined to believe pre arranged either in the doorway or beforehand if awol is considered.

"Prior to the Major Investigation Team taking control of this investigation the family felt incredibly safe that everything was being done it was being treated “as a homicide, without evidence or body” as police were already “99.9% certain Corrie had not left on foot, and had been unable to return of his own accord”.

2nd November update. Are the police that certain he hasn't left on foot?

It's on Nov 2nd update if I remember correctly. It was also reported in the media teenagers seen on cctv too.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks. So I don't forget about it again:

A bin lorry which was in the exact area that Corrie was last seen has made the journey from Bury to Barton Mills, within a few minutes of Corrie’s phone arriving. The police have since made the decision not to search the landfill and released this back.
Police made an appeal requesting assistance to trace three people believed to be aged 16 to 18 who were spotted by the bin lorry driver on Cornhill Walk shopping centre on Short Brackland, Bury, at around 4.20am on September 24.

http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/02/breaking-news-2nd-november/

Reading this something is clearly wrong. It states that the bin lorry and phone arrived within a few minutes of each other which suggests not together? Worded as if the bin lorry arrived after Corrie's phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966