UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They'd be sensible to search thetford forest this weekend..

I was beginning to think they'd decided to not go ahead with the searches, was glad to hear Nicola mention it on the interview on Look East this evening. I'm sure they'll have lots of help from the public and hopefully SULSAR will be giving advice too.

It's a great way of avoiding detection that red route and connects to an a road. Would you say using that road illegally is intentionally avoiding cctv?

I have a number of feelings for that either;

1. It's a young inexperienced female driver who just took the road by accident.
2. It's a young driver with a similar risk aversion to Corrie and just ignored the one way system intentionally.
3. It's a very experienced male driver who definitely knew that it was a one way system but cautiously took the risk to get out of BSE quickly.

I don't think it was an experienced older woman.
I don't think it was one of Corrie's immediate work colleagues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the reason he was asked to leave? I think I read somewhere because he was drunk, but surely everyone else in the club would have been drunk too. So I wonder what was so special about him that the bouncers took those actions?

Sounds like he was perhaps approaching strangers and maybe getting a bit annoying (hence the mananger saying he was looking for friends or trying to make them)

I have a number of feelings for that either;

1. It's a young inexperienced female driver who just took the road by accident.
2. It's a young driver with a similar risk aversion to Corrie and just ignored the one way system intentionally.
3. It's a very experienced male driver who definitely knew that it was a one way system but cautiously took the risk to get out of BSE quickly.

I don't think it was an experienced older woman.
I don't think it was one of Corrie's immediate work colleagues.

Out of your list I'd pick 3

25b242e5831eb482efe5fdb603a57ae7.jpg
65774fbc86acf12cedf44266e1c67f5e.jpg

Interesting that you only get 11kgs waste paper/card.....from ALL of these bins....at 0420 on a SATURDAY morning?! Did the bin lorry do a collection the day before? If so, why pitch up and do another collection that morning?

This damaged wall? Looks like it's been hit by a high floored HGV to me whilst reversing into the loading bays?

Is that bricks on the floor behind it?

What about older photos from when it was first reported, and videos like the walkthrough one, is it like that on those?

(wish we had a media thread!)

Those bin lorry times and Corrie's phone movement times look awfully close to each other.

I agree...... however, the problem is we are trying to make the limited info which we have fit. I'm aware that I'm arguing against my theory of the other day, but there may well have been other vehicles both in the horseshoe area and BM at the right time- we just don't know about them.
The timeline you have set up is a great idea- it's a framework to slot further info into as and when (and if) it becomes known- until then I think we'll just be going round in circles.

609e05d09773530421e868b2a0ae2e89.jpg
c084e8adcf4fff5e94f14ff5baf136ab.png
dedf71df329e8a1e6472783ce55a35e3.jpg

Take a look at the 0324 CCTV footage and note the footstep/direction that Corrie is walking in. Notice he's away from the tree by at least a yard. He looks as though he's about to continue walking parallel with the large bins. Now look what's at the end of the line of bins...a stepped area in a corner. Hmmmmmm....

My guess on the bin collection arrangements is that each business sets up an account with whichever waste company? So maybe this cardboard only pick up was a once a week collection for one business?

11kg of purely cardboard is a surprising amount from my experience at work. I'd say ~200 standard "pharmacy" boxes are broken down for recycling in the order picking section each week. I might weigh some to see how much 11kg is....

Is that bricks on the floor behind it?

Yes, looks like it. Just trying to work out heights of vehicles. I wonder if he's been accidentally hit by a articulated lorry reversing in and then thrown in the back?

Yes, looks like it. Just trying to work out heights of vehicles. I wonder if he's been accidentally hit by a articulated lorry reversing in and then thrown in the back?

Exactly what I was thinking

609e05d09773530421e868b2a0ae2e89.jpg
c084e8adcf4fff5e94f14ff5baf136ab.png
dedf71df329e8a1e6472783ce55a35e3.jpg

Take a look at the 0324 CCTV footage and note the footstep/direction that Corrie is walking in. Notice he's away from the tree by at least a yard. He looks as though he's about to continue walking parallel with the large bins. Now look what's at the end of the line of bins...a stepped area in a corner. Hmmmmmm....

To me when I watch the CCTV I see him looking towards that first gate in the middle of the bins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like he was perhaps approaching strangers and maybe getting a bit annoying (hence the mananger saying he was looking for friends or trying to make them)

Thanks for your reply. The whole removal from the club scenario sounds very odd to me and somewhat down played.

Just throwing this out there... If he was removed due to be annoying, as an example, that sounds rather an extreme action taken by the bouncers.

I don't believe I've read anything about what happened in the club, and surely there were enough people in there for gossip to spread...So I would have thought it couldn't have been anything so bad to warrant being asked to leave... and that's what bugs me...

Did any witnesses come forward regarding this event?

Would this not leave forensic evidence? Police would have to be pretty awful to not check the outside of the lorry for damage or dna

Thanks for your reply. The whole removal from the club scenario sounds very odd to me and somewhat down played.

Just throwing this out there... If he was removed due to be annoying, as an example, that sounds rather an extreme action taken by the bouncers.

I don't believe I've read anything about what happened in the club, and surely there were enough people in there for gossip to spread...So I would have thought it couldn't have been anything so bad to warrant being asked to leave... and that's what bugs me...

Did any witnesses come forward regarding this event?

If you're stumbling then any establishment should be asking you to leave really. Could be that he was beginning to struggle to stay upright.

Would this not leave forensic evidence? Police would have to be pretty awful to not check the outside of the lorry for damage or dna

I'm guessing it would depend how he was hit. If it caused internal injuries there would likely be no blood.
Plus forensics on the area weren't done immediately and from what I gather, it rained a lot in the days after his disappearance and the vehicles wouldn't have been forensically checked until, I assume, weeks after.
Plenty of time to clean up any damage/evidence

Does anyone have any knowledge of the Luke Durbin case who went missing in 2006 from Ipswich in similar circumstances? These cases are very similar and are geographically close enough to arguably be connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members