UK - Daniel Duffield 24, Lauren Evans 22, found deceased in there home, ‘murder probe’, 25 June 2024

StillDiggin

Reaction score
A paramedic found dead alongside a woman at his home was the star of Channel 4's 999: On the Frontline.

Police have launched a murder probe into the deaths of Daniel Duffield, 24, and Lauren Evans, 22, who were found by Duffield's colleagues from West Midlands Ambulance Service at his home in Cannock, Staffordshire on Tuesday. The pair are yet to be formally identified.

Paying tribute to her crew mate, fellow ambulance worker Ellie - who appeared alongside Mr Duffield in the Channel 4 documentary as a student paramedic - said she is 'still trying to come to terms' with the tragedy.

Millions watched Mr Duffield on the eleventh series of the show, which follows West Midlands Ambulance crews as they respond to 999 calls across the region.

It comes as student mental health nurse Ms Evans, from Bridgend, South Wales, was today pictured for the first time.

Staffordshire Police last night referred itself to the police watchdog over recent contact.
1719488990888.jpeg

Police have launched a murder probe into the deaths of Daniel Duffield, 24, and Lauren Evans, 22, who were found by West Midlands Ambulance Service at his home in Cannock, Staffordshire on Tuesday. The pair are yet to be formally identified.

This report states that the other victim was his ex-girlfriend
From the Daily Mail

People living next to Mr Duffield said he had moved in to the quiet residential road in Cannock 16 months ago, with his then-girlfriend. They had since split up.

Another neighbour said: 'He moved in just after Christmas 2022 with a girlfriend but they split up.

His wife said she had seen his current girlfriend, 'in floods of tears' yesterday afternoon.

'She was being consoled by paramedics. They were in tears too. It was terrible to see.'

Last edited:
This report states that the other victim was his ex-girlfriend
From the Daily Mail

His wife said she had seen his current girlfriend, 'in floods of tears' yesterday afternoon.

'She was being consoled by paramedics. They were in tears too. It was terrible to see.'
Also from this article:

Police were then called, who launched a murder investigation. They have not confirmed whether or not they are looking for anyone else in connection with the double tragedy.

The reporting in this case is so confusing

It’s hinted at possibly being murder suicide but then in other articles I read it more as 2x murders.

The police referred themselves to the watchdog as they’ve had content over something previously

I’m very confused

RIP to both

So the young lady who was also found in the home is not his CURRENT girlfriend, the one the DM has posted all over, but his Ex? Do I have that right?

Very confusing.
The earlier report stated that it was his ex-girlfriend who had died in the house with him, based on the fact that they had bought the house together, and they had split up, despite still living in the same house.

The information is all confusing, but I don't understand why a neighbour would state that his current girlfriend was seen outside the house after the deaths had taken place. Of course, in such terrible circumstances, details can be mixed up
I would guess the girlfriend turned up there after hearing what had happened

From his childhood friend:

'People need to be aware of men's mental health and understand the consequences of what can happen. I especially think those working in emergency services need more support.'

They wouldn't have said that now if this was double murder.

His cousin Becky Simcox also shared her grief with several touching posts on Facebook. In one she expressed: "Absolutely can't believe I'm writing this my cousin has lost his battle with mental health today, you did not deserve any of this you was the most kind hearted, hardworking lad. Love and miss you always RIP Dan".

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm