GUILTY UK - David Jackson, 78, killed by wife, Somerset, Feb 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If she wouldn't have been so brazen with the cops, and would have zipped it from the start, she may have been able to make the allegations of years of abuse more credible. As it is, they both sound just like horrible people. Not that he deserves to be stabbed to death but as we see in so many spousal murders: Just get a divorce.

I bet after she settles into prison, she'll be queen of the cell block.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
The only person to say the victim was abusive is the defendant. To date none of his family/wives from previous marriages have stated they witnessed him being like that. That his behaviour altered due to surgery/age is pure conjecture.

Penelope Jackson has been married 4 times. We know husband 3 committed suicide apparently due to her affair. She states husband 1 was abusive too, yet the children of that marriage preferred to stay with him. You can follow her marriages with her maiden name of Dolling.

The victim has no way of defending themselves. PJ has subtly changed her story a number of times with the help of her defence. If there was a birthday dinner via zoom on the day of the attack was it recorded?

Having listened to the trial and watched the videos I believe this woman has either a personality disorder and/or a drinking problem.

The odds are the Jury will find her guilty of just manslaughter and the victim will be presented as the villain of the piece resulting in his own death.

I did wonder from the Police cam footage if there was alcohol that changed her personality. It was folllowing a Zoom Dinner so alcohol would have been drunk. I think older women who binge drink and get paraletic is quite common. They can leave it then they do it again and again and can become quite nasty. JMO MOO

From that link:

"Mr W. believes rather than just finding his brother unconscious in his car after he had gassed himself following a row, as she claimed to the jury, she may have actually persuaded him to do it.

'But I never had any concerns over my brother's rationality, even when he went through it after his first wife Bev died of cancer.

'He could've lived a half decent life without Penny, who clearly didn't love him anymore.

'Did Penny really find him unconscious in his car after an argument or was she there when he gassed himself? Did she coerce him into doing it? I've always thought that was a possibility.' "

So she "found him" did she? Hmm... as I said a while back in the thread, I hope the police take a closer look at that one, there may be no evidence to prove anything by now but I would be in agreement with the brother's suspicions; she comes across as a really nasty piece of work. Glad the jury didn't fall for it, and with her age hopefully her sentence is effectively a whole life one.

Statement issued by family of David Jackson | Avon and Somerset Police

"I have lost the man (David Jackson) that I looked up to and loved. I have lost the man that was always there for me no matter what. The man that came and fixed things in my house which I didn’t know even needed fixing. The man that could make me laugh. "But I feel I have also lost my mum (Penelope Jackson). I have lost the woman who always knew how to make me feel better. The woman who was my friend, my champion and my support. The woman who cared, cherished and loved me. Yes I know mum is here but she’s not the same person I knew. I don’t know what the future holds but I do know that the relationship I once cherished can never be built back to what it was. "However, I love both of them. I always have and I always will." Those are the words of their daughter who has issued a statement following today's verdict and sentencing. The family have asked for their privacy to be respected following the conclusion of the legal proceedings today. Full statement here: Statement issued by family of David Jackson | Avon and Somerset Police

I think the brother-in-laws and grandsons comments are quite damming. I looked at Jackson’s FB page a while back and that didn’t scream broken woman.

Returning to the Sally Challen case. There was no evidence of physical abuse. She premeditated the crime by carrying a hammer in her bag when not even living with the victim. She stuffed a tea towel in his mouth after carrying out the crime of extreme violence.

Clearly the 8 women in the jury weren’t fooled this time.

I think the brother-in-laws and grandsons comments are quite damming. I looked at Jackson’s FB page a while back and that didn’t scream broken woman.

Returning to the Sally Challen case. There was no evidence of physical abuse. She premeditated the crime by carrying a hammer in her bag when not even living with the victim. She stuffed a tea towel in his mouth after carrying out the crime of extreme violence.

Clearly the 8 women in the jury weren’t fooled this time.

There is plenty of evidence Challen was a victim of coercive control. Although l agree she seemed to plan. Her mental state was very different.

Penny Jackson joked about hanging her husband months before she stabbed him to death | Daily Mail Onl

Penny Jackson posted a sick April Fool's joke about hanging her husband during lockdown - just months before she stabbed him to death on her 66th birthday.

The wealthy retired accountant murdered her husband David, 78, and calmly told police 'I should have stabbed him more' as he lay dying on February 13.

It today emerged Jackson made her Facebook cover photograph an image of a woman knitting a noose on April 1 last year - just ten months before she murdered her husband.

A caption above the image read: '‘Quarantined with hubbie for two weeks – Gertrude is knitting something special for him!'

Jackson was this week found guilty of murder by a jury of eight women and four men after 10 hours and 43 minutes of deliberations. Judge Martin Picton sentenced her to life, with a minimum term of 18 years.

Penny Jackson joked about hanging her husband months before she stabbed him to death | Daily Mail Onl

Penny Jackson posted a sick April Fool's joke about hanging her husband during lockdown - just months before she stabbed him to death on her 66th birthday.

The wealthy retired accountant murdered her husband David, 78, and calmly told police 'I should have stabbed him more' as he lay dying on February 13.

It today emerged Jackson made her Facebook cover photograph an image of a woman knitting a noose on April 1 last year - just ten months before she murdered her husband.

A caption above the image read: '‘Quarantined with hubbie for two weeks – Gertrude is knitting something special for him!'

Jackson was this week found guilty of murder by a jury of eight women and four men after 10 hours and 43 minutes of deliberations. Judge Martin Picton sentenced her to life, with a minimum term of 18 years.
As I wrote earlier - not right in the head.

Domestic abuse charities condemn ‘harsh’ sentencing of Penelope Jackson

"Campaigners have condemned the conviction of a woman for murdering her husband despite claims she suffered years of violently abusive and controlling behaviour at his hands."

"Sentencing her, Judge Martin Picton said she had shown “not a shred of remorse” for the killing, adding that she had “sought to portray David Jackson as a monster” and that “I have no doubt that he was nothing like the person you have claimed”.

Domestic abuse charities condemn ‘harsh’ sentencing of Penelope Jackson

Quoting from that article her 3rd husband's best friend said "She was soulless and very narccisistic."

I can believe that.
Whilst I accept there's evidence of the husband being violent towards her, I believe the dynamic between the two of them was always very toxic .
I don't see her as a person who has typically suffered from coercive control, yes there's reports of violence by him, but if she is narcissistic, she would no doubt be very manipulative too, anyone who's suffered mind manipulation by a narcissist has also been abused themselves.

JMO.

Last edited:
I see Sally Challen was ‘appalled’ by the Jackson verdict. I was appalled that someone who lived apart from her estranged husband, went to visit him with a hammer in her handbag (as you do), checked his mobile phone after she went out to buy his breakfast(?!), misinterpreted a phone call to a female friend (as confirmed by that lady) and battered him 20 times with a hammer and stuffed a tea towel in his mouth. For a nation that does not agree with Capital punishment what gives anyone the right to take the law into their own hands when it comes to executing a human being no matter how much we may hate them or vile that person is.

Heartbroken sister of retired colonel slams 'monster' Penny Jackson | Daily Mail Online

The sister of the retired colonel murdered by Penelope Jackson described her yesterday as an 'evil monster' and a controlling bully.

Jackson, 66, repeatedly stabbed her husband David, 78, with a filleting knife then told a 999 operator: 'I thought I'd got him in the heart, but he hasn't got one.'

Jurors rejected her claim that it followed decades of abuse.

Last night, Mr Jackson's heart-broken sister Jennifer told The Mail on Sunday that her older brother had been the target of belittling put-downs for years.

'There was only one bully in the relationship and it was Penny,' she said. 'She's an evil monster.'

Heartbroken sister of retired colonel slams 'monster' Penny Jackson | Daily Mail Online

The sister of the retired colonel murdered by Penelope Jackson described her yesterday as an 'evil monster' and a controlling bully.

Jackson, 66, repeatedly stabbed her husband David, 78, with a filleting knife then told a 999 operator: 'I thought I'd got him in the heart, but he hasn't got one.'

Jurors rejected her claim that it followed decades of abuse.

Last night, Mr Jackson's heart-broken sister Jennifer told The Mail on Sunday that her older brother had been the target of belittling put-downs for years.

'There was only one bully in the relationship and it was Penny,' she said. 'She's an evil monster.'
That article also says she would drink lots of white wine and start belittling her husband.
JMO MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pandaqui
Back