Identified! UK - David Lytton, South Pennines, 'Neil Dovestone', 65-75, Dec'15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Blister packs only here in India too. Never seen anything loose in a bottle. And same for Germany, where I grew up.

Interesting indeed. Having spoken to my partner about the medications he is prescribed on the NHS, we've agreed that the only drug we've had counted out and dispensed loose in a bottle in recent years is Tramadol, and that's from the vet for one of our rabbits.

I assume the very extensive use of blister packs in the UK is likely to be a quality control and hygiene measure and for speed and accuracy of dispensing.

I think the only meds ive had given loose in the last ten years have been ibuprofen/paracetamol when ive had my babies, tramadol always in a blister pack, although I now buy them in spain as 3 weeks for a doc appt when ya cant walks no good :gaah:

ETA. My father in law was getting all his heart,blood thinner, blood pressure etc meds in bottles til I requested proper blister packs for him two years ago.

more likely he had to get meds on holiday somewhere like Dubai or Egypt.

An interesting idea. The other thing to consider is that slight variations of the Arabic script are also used for Persian, Pashto and Urdu, though it's somewhat unlikely that a British pensioner would have been to any countries as a visitor where those languages are spoken. Always assuming, of course, that the tablets actually in the bottle are those that are supposed to be in it.

We could really do with more information about the lable on this bottle.

I'm sure LE will try to trace these bottles and labels. Surely they look slightly different from country to country?

Interesting indeed. Having spoken to my partner about the medications he is prescribed on the NHS, we've agreed that the only drug we've had counted out and dispensed loose in a bottle in recent years is Tramadol, and that's from the vet for one of our rabbits.

I assume the very extensive use of blister packs in the UK is likely to be a quality control and hygiene measure and for speed and accuracy of dispensing.

I've had amoxycillin (probably our most common antibiotic) dispensed loose in a bottle in the last year or so. I still don't reckon UK pharmacies can dispense in Arabic, I think he likely got them on holiday or maybe even lived abroad which might explain why nobody has recognised him so far.

Forensic should tests should shed some light on his origins, assuming they run the full battery of tests. I'm sure I read a UK case recently where they had been able to pin down where someone had lived by finding chemicals in the blood only found in one reservoir (or something like that!).

I have been living in the US for a few years now and I must say that I have never received medication in a blister pack. I have never thought it strange until now.
Is it possible that in the US (that is without an effective Public Health Service) and the consequent demand by insurance companies to push down expenses, that the swap to generic/mass-produced/non-packaged medicines (=cheaper) results in more US patients receiving their pharmaceuticals in little vials counted out and labeled by the chemist?

Buying meds in bottles with the pills counted out by the pharmacy is definitely more economic. Almost every time I need to take meds for something acute I have some left over at the end because I can usually only get blister packs of 10 or 15 or 20, etc.

The Mystery of Indian's Head: Metal plate in leg could be a clue to identity of Dovestone Reservoir man

Officers have now broadened their search to Pakistan after discovering that the unknown man had an operation to insert a mid-femur titanium plate onto his left thigh bone sometime between 2001 and 2015.

The 10cm plate could hold the key to identifying the man.

Det Sgt John Coleman, leading the investigation, said the discovery does not necessarily mean the man is of Pakistani origin.

plate doesn’t have a reference number but was made by a Pakistani company Treu Dynamic. The company only produces to Pakistan and Morocco. It has to be from Pakistan because it would have a reference number if it was from Morocco.

Investigating officers are now looking at one of four possibilities. Either the unknown man is a Pakistani national who was injured in the country; or he had duel nationality; or he was a British national who was in Pakistan when he suffered an injury.

Another theory is that he is a ‘health tourist’ who travelled to Pakistan for the operation to his bone.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ews/mystery-indians-head-metal-plate-10896844

Oh dear. They must have been so excited when they found the titanium plate - and then there's no reference number :facepalm:

The other thing to consider is that slight variations of the Arabic script are also used for Persian, Pashto and Urdu, though it's somewhat unlikely that a British pensioner would have been to any countries as a visitor where those languages are spoken.

Unless he had family there. His face doesn't look impossible to see as Pakistani/Afghan/Indian, although the witness said he had a northern accent not a foreign one.

Unless he had family there. His face doesn't look impossible to see as Pakistani/Afghan/Indian, although the witness said he had a northern accent not a foreign one.

So the apparent Pakistani connection makes it more likely that the "Arabic" script on the medicine bottle is Urdu.

It's not impossible that the guy was a British Pakistani dual national, but his clothing doesn't really suggest this to me. British Pakistanis who retain connections with Pakistan tend to be of a lower socio-economic class and retain the clothing of their homeland, ie salwar-kameez rather than western dress.

It's possible that he was a Brit who had had business or professional connections with Pakistan during his working life and kept up those connections afterwards, eg an engineer, teacher or aid worker.

On the other hand a friend of my partner's, after her first husband died, married a British Pakistani and made various trips to Pakistan to visit his family "back home". After his death she continued to visit the country and still spends about 6 months of every year out there teaching English. She goes out for the winter and returns to the UK for the summer. It's not impossible that this chap had some sort of similar connection with the country.

He may have had one Pakistani parent, making him mixed race, which I think fits his appearance and would explain how Westernised he was, whilst still retaining connections to his Pakistani heritage.

OR the prescription was filled in a neighborhood with a large population of Arabic speaking people in Britain. A passport left behind in a hotel would have been found by now.

British prescriptions are only written in English. It has been determined now that the label is likely to be from Pakistan.
The passport may have been inside a locked suitcase that the hotel will not open and is just send to the lost & found police office somewhere. Or maybe he had his luggage in a locker at a train/bus station and it is still there.
He does not look like pakistani or mixed to me. maybe an expat.... or an English with ties to Pakistan that goes there for cheap health care.

Not possible. The gentleman found on Pennines Peak died on 12.12.2015.

Elainnera:
John Downie was reported missing in February 2016 but we don´t know when he was last seen. It could have been 12.2015.

Um, what's the over/under number on number of days till this is solved? Thoughts? Ever?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kcou111
Back