GUILTY UK - Elizabeth, 49, & Katie Edwards, 13, slain, Spalding, Lincs, 15 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree Cags. I think it's very silly.

In a few years time, they will transfer to adult prison, wonder if names will be released then ?

Plus, for anyone who doesn't know the names, there is a huge clue in the reporting of what happened directly after the murders.

I agree - everyone knows anyway, and they may well get to change their names on release anyway as Jamie Bulger's killers did.

It seems young love has died:
It was a planned double murder born out of an intense relationship. They were two 14-year-olds who in the court appearances following their arrest exchanged smiles and loving looks.

But when the boy pleaded guilty to murder last week, the body language between the two was very different. No furtive looks, no smiles. They coldly ignored each other. It emerged over the coming days they had split up. Hardly surprising as they've both been kept in separate secure accommodation.

What ruins they have left behind though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37693103

Thanks for the info Alyce. Hopefully they will be getting very long sentences.

I'm so pleased she's been found guilty. She is a very dangerous person (as is he). I hope they never get the chance to hurt anyone again.

Mr Justice Haddon-Cave adjourned sentence on both defendants until next month and will also rule on whether or not they should be identified at a later hearing.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Elizabeth-Edwards-daughter.html#ixzz4NRpYVjLK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

They have already been identified, in all but name, on plenty of social media outlets.

Interesting. Hopefully the judge will decide to let them be named.

I actually feel very sorry for her. It's being reported that she was taken into care aged six when her mother punched her in the face but was returned to her care. If that happened and social services/the police knew about it then God knows what else happened behind closed doors.

I think her mother bears a huge responsibility for what she became. If you drag a child up treated with violence in a violent household how can you expect them to grow up as anything else other than violent?

It makes me sick that her mother is being portrayed as a churchgoing, fun loving paragon when in reality she was a violent child abuser.

Hi Sally and welcome to the thread.

Do you have a link to the story re being taken into care. It would be interesting to read an alternative news viewpoint.

I actually feel very sorry for her. It's being reported that she was taken into care aged six when her mother punched her in the face but was returned to her care. If that happened and social services/the police knew about it then God knows what else happened behind closed doors.

I think her mother bears a huge responsibility for what she became. If you drag a child up treated with violence in a violent household how can you expect them to grow up as anything else other than violent?

It makes me sick that her mother is being portrayed as a churchgoing, fun loving paragon when in reality she was a violent child abuser.

Do you have any links to back up that claim? It's quite a big leap to call her a child abuser without evidence?

Yeah um I hope nobody is accusing the deceased victim of nefarious acts. This is a victim friendly site and rumors are strongly discouraged and generally not allowed.

I think that the link provided means we can discuss what's raised in the article...

Interesting read

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

It doesn't appear to be a rumour either but something bought up in court and confirmed by police and social service reports at the time. Adjustment disorders are also normally the result of childhood abuse.

My gosh - that Sun article paints a very different picture of the parents. Not that I in any way condone the murders but she didn't have much of a start in life. Such as terrible outcome.

Though the article says her dad got in contact with her just a month before the murders but he was posting photos of her in 2014 with one person alluding to getting back in contact with her.

Whatever the truth of it, nothing would justify killing the 13 year old anyway.

Odd that she got a job as a school dinner lady if punching a child was on record. She would defo have to be CRB (now DBS) checked.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tsewr1!
Back