GUILTY UK - Elle Edwards, 26, shot and killed on Christmas Eve in Wallasey, 2022 * arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Luwin

Reaction score
A third person has been arrested over the Christmas Eve pub shooting that killed Elle Edwards and injured four men.

Merseyside Police said the 26-year-old was not thought to have been the target when she was shot outside The Lighthouse in Wallasey.

A man, 28, was critically hurt and three others suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

A Tranmere man, aged 31, has been held on suspicion of conspiracy to murder.

Another Tranmere man, aged 30, who was previously arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder, and a 19-year-old woman from Rock Ferry, who was held on suspicion of conspiracy to urder, remaIn in police custody.

The atmosphere in a pub became tense when gang members turned up for Christmas Eve drinks – with regulars walking out, fearing trouble was brewing.

The lads involved are not from this area. That’s why a lot of the locals left about 8pm because they could feel the tension'

I am staying with family on the Wirral (minor point but Wallasey is not in Liverpool as such, but on the other side of the River Mersey) and happened to drive past the pub today on my way to visit other family who live nearby. I didn’t realise it was right on the main road, it looked more tucked away on TV. Family and friends have been there before and tell me not known for being the sort of place you’d expect something like this.

Still a significant police presence there earlier today.

UPDATE | Two people arrested in connection with the murder of Elle Edwards have been released from custody.

A 30-year-old man from Tranmere has been recalled to prison on licence.

A 19-year-old woman from Rock Ferry has been bailed.

A 31-year-old man remains in custody.

Enquiries into the murder remain ongoing.

Anyone with information is asked to DM Merseyside Police Contact Centre or contact @CrimestoppersUK anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting reference 22000948723.

UPDATE | Two people arrested in connection with the murder of Elle Edwards have been released from custody.

A 30-year-old man from Tranmere has been recalled to prison on licence.

A 19-year-old woman from Rock Ferry has been bailed.

A 31-year-old man remains in custody.

Enquiries into the murder remain ongoing.

Anyone with information is asked to DM Merseyside Police Contact Centre or contact @CrimestoppersUK anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting reference 22000948723.

I'm very surprised by this. I was under the impression there were multiple witnesses and possibly also a digital trail.

Updates from the press conference

Statement shared on behalf of Elle Edward's family​

The family of Elle Edwards have released the following tribute:

The family of Elle Edwards have released the following tribute:
There was no one as beautiful as our Elle May, her looks, her laugh and the way she would light up a room as soon as she walked in.
She had this way about her that as soon as you met her you just instantly fell in love with her, everyone that met Elle knew how special she was.
Her laugh was infectious anyone who was around her had a good time, she loved her life and had so many amazing plans for the future.
She was only just getting started. Christmas and our family will never be the same again without her. She was the glue that held this big family together, from all of us.
We will love and miss her forever. Our Elle May, the most beautiful and bright star out there, forever and always.
My beautiful Elle Marlene is the love of my life and she is my world, my best friend.
She will always shine and be beautiful and bright, my Elle has never gone.

Jonathan Humphries
@JHumphriesEcho
·
DS Coombs says “these people don’t deserve to be walking out streets. They don’t deserve to be protected” she says “silence is never an option.

Appeal for information on dark coloured Mercedes​

During the press conference DS Coombs has reissued an appeal for information on the whereabouts of a dark coloured Mercedes in the car park before the murder.

@JHumphriesEcho
·
DS Coombs says the answers lie within the community. That concludes the brief statement. The upshot is police still desperately need information from the community to get and keep Elle’s killers, and anyone else involved, off the streets. @LivEchonews

12:16 PM · Dec 30, 2022

TRANSCRIPTION OF PRESS CONFERENCE

30TH DECEMBER

LE - Hello. First of all I'm going to read a statement on behalf of Elle's family.

"There was no one as beautiful as our Elle May, her looks, her laugh and the way she would light up a room as she walked in. She had this way about her that, as soon as you met her, you instantly fell in love with her. Everyone that knew and met Elle knew how special she was. Her laugh was infectious. Anyone who was around her had a good time. She loved life and had so many amazing plans for the future. She was only just getting started.

Christmas, and our family, will never be the same again without her. She was the glue that held this big family together. We will love and miss her forever. Our Elle May, the most beautiful and bright star out there, forever and always.

My beautiful Elle Marlene is the love of my life and she is my world, my best friend. She will always shine and be beautiful and bright, my Elle has never gone."

LE - Elle's family are understandably devastated by her shocking and needless death. They need answers, and now, it's more important than ever that people come forward and tell us what they know. While I understand how worrying incidents such as this are, I want to reassure people that my investigation team is working round the clock to get justice for Ellie and her family.

I can confirm that two people arrested in connection with Ellie's murder have been released from custody. A 30 yr. old male from Tranmere has been recalled to prison on licence and a 19 yr. old woman from Rock Ferry has been bailed. There's a 31 yr. old male still in custody.

We've already spoken to a large number of witnesses and reviewed a vast amount of CCTV footage and we are pursuing a number of lines of inquiry, still. We are committed to finding the persons responsible for Elle's death and putting them behind bars. These people don't deserve to be walking our streets. They don't deserve to be protected. They belong in prison. Guns have no place on the streets of Merseyside and we're dedicated to getting weapons off the streets. Silence is never an option. We need people to take a stand against criminals. We need you to speak to us, so that we can take action. Let us know who was carrying and storing weapons and let us do the rest. We know that the answers to this lie within our communities, so my appeal to you is - please tell us what you know and help us get justice for Elle's family.

Particularly, we want information about the whereabouts of a dark coloured Mercedes, that was in the Lighthouse Pub car park before the incident. We want to know where it came from and where it's gone, since then. If you've got information but you don't want to speak to a police officer directly, please contact us via Crime Stoppers. Thank you.

12.54 pm

The police are now giving further updates to the media.

Merseyside Police has now confirmed that three men who were injured in the attack that killed Elle have now been released from hospital.
One man who was critically injured has seen his condition improve and he is now being described as "poorly".

Police have now confirmed that the gun was fired from outside the Lighthouse.
Police also confirm that Elle was standing outside the pub when she was shot.

The third person arrested over the Christmas Eve pub shooting of Elle Edwards has been freed on bail.
The man, 31, from Tranmere, had been held on suspicion of conspiracy to murder but has now been released pending further inquiries.
Two other people have also been held over her death but no-one has been charged.

A man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering Elle Edwards on Christmas Eve.

Merseyside police said a 22-year-old man from the Wirral had been taken into custody and that a 23-year-old woman had also been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.

The gunman who killed Elle Edwards on Christmas Eve lay in wait for around an hour before opening fire

The killer unleashed a volley of shots at a crowded area near the front entrance of the Lighthouse Inn, Wallasey Village, shortly before midnight before fleeing the scene in a black Mercedes car.

A source with knowledge of the incident said Elle was standing outside the front entrance near the other victims when the gunman began shooting.
She was hit in the back of the head and collapsed unconscious, while the other victims managed to retreat inside the pub before the gunman drove away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back