GUILTY UK - Elle Edwards, 26, shot and killed on Christmas Eve in Wallasey, 2022 * arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don’t think it will ever be found.
I have to say that I don't share your optimism. I have a feeling that it will be found and the circumstances of such will not be pleasant!

Vid of Connor C dropping the gun

Thanks for posting that.

From the limited amount I'd read on this the impression I had was that he had "dropped" it as in "getting rid of it". The fact that it was clearly accidental and that he recovered it straight away tends to suggest that it's most probably been put "beyond use", if you see what I mean.

It's very difficult to identify exactly what the gun is, tbh. It looks big for most things which chamber .32ACP so the VZ61 may well be correct. I don't know exactly what they are basing that opinion on, though, but I know they have recovered cartridge cases so maybe those can identify a potential weapon.

"The Christmas Eve tragedy was the culmination of escalating violence between neighbouring estates and a former teenage tearaway who had graduated into a life of crime."

**Sorry, I hadn't noticed another poster had added about this**

I hadn't realised Connor had retrieved the gun once he dropped it. At least reading now he did get it again. So at least not in the hands of a child or anything like that, had they come across it.

Only 10 minutes earlier, the masked gunman had opened fire outside the Lighthouse pub and killed Elle Edwards. Some eight-and-a-half miles away, he had made it to the sanctuary of Private Drive in Barnston and the home of his criminal ally Thomas Waring.

Perhaps thinking he was in the clear, Chapman pulled back the head covering he had used to disguise his distinctive long hair.

And, as he revealed his identity, the Skorpion submachine gun used in the murder tumbled from his pocket into the street.

Even more astonishingly, the blunder was recorded for posterity on a CCTV camera on one of the houses on the quiet residential street.

The weapon skidded across the tarmac and Chapman scrambled to retrieve it before walking off towards Waring's house.

There's a lot which seems to be "missing" from the whole odd business.

She was, so we are told, there with "friends" whom seemed rather unwilling to come forward to express their outrage: who were they? we have never been told. Then there was no boyfriend to appear equally outraged/distressed blasting off at full throttle whatever in the media: again total silence.
Next there was the police carefully saying she was 'innocent' but I noticed they did NOT say she was not connected in any way to the gang members who were the supposed target...which the police could quite easily have said/made clear.

My supposition all along has been that in reality she was there as a "friend" of the targeted gang members, was in their group which was why she was accidentally in the line of fire. Perhaps she was a drug dealer's gal?

There's a lot which seems to be "missing" from the whole odd business.

She was, so we are told, there with "friends" whom seemed rather unwilling to come forward to express their outrage: who were they? we have never been told. Then there was no boyfriend to appear equally outraged/distressed blasting off at full throttle whatever in the media: again total silence.
Next there was the police carefully saying she was 'innocent' but I noticed they did NOT say she was not connected in any way to the gang members who were the supposed target...which the police could quite easily have said/made clear.

My supposition all along has been that in reality she was there as a "friend" of the targeted gang members, was in their group which was why she was accidentally in the line of fire. Perhaps she was a drug dealer's gal?

IDK about that. In the article linked upthread we get the following info about how EE came to be outside when the attack happened:

Tragically, Elle had the misfortunate to chat with Salkeld – who she is understood to have known 'in passing' – and shortly before midnight went outside to have a cigarette with him.

Moments later, happy sounds of the festive turned into screams as a volley of shots rang out across the pub's outdoor seating area.

At his trial, Chapman maintained he 'disliked' Searson, and that far from wanting revenge on Salkeld and Duffy, he found the earlier attack on him 'quite amusing'.

Cashman has just lost his appeal against his 42 year sentence, so don't fancy Chapman's chances if he decides to appeal.

Clio Groom, 20, is due to appear in Liverpool Magistrates' Court this morning to face a single charge of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm against Searson. It is understood the pair are in a relationship.

Searson was the subject of a beating on December 23, 2022, by two men linked to the Beechwood estate organised crime group - Keiran Salkeld and Jake Duffy .

The incident was referred to in court during the trial of Connor Chapman, 23, for the murder of Elle Edwards, as a "pre-cursor event", which may have contributed to Chapman opening fire at Salkeld and Duffy outside the Lighthouse Pub, Wallasey Village, on Christmas Eve last year.

Salkeld, 28, and Duffy, 22, were jailed for the attack on Searson in February this year.

The court heard Salkeld, of Enerby Close, Beechwood, had a lengthy criminal record, amounting to 24 convictions for 30 offences, including assaults, affray, drug dealing and public order offences.

Duffy, of Arley Close, Beechwood, only had one previous conviction for violent disorder, relating to a mass brawl outside Anfield stadium in 2020

Salkeld was jailed for 27 months while Duffy was jailed for two years.

Last edited:
Clio Groom, 20, is due to appear in Liverpool Magistrates' Court this morning to face a single charge of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm against Searson. It is understood the pair are in a relationship.

Searson was the subject of a beating on December 23, 2022, by two men linked to the Beechwood estate organised crime group - Keiran Salkeld and Jake Duffy .

The incident was referred to in court during the trial of Connor Chapman, 23, for the murder of Elle Edwards, as a "pre-cursor event", which may have contributed to Chapman opening fire at Salkeld and Duffy outside the Lighthouse Pub, Wallasey Village, on Christmas Eve last year.

Salkeld, 28, and Duffy, 22, were jailed for the attack on Searson in February this year.

The court heard Salkeld, of Enerby Close, Beechwood, had a lengthy criminal record, amounting to 24 convictions for 30 offences, including assaults, affray, drug dealing and public order offences.

Duffy, of Arley Close, Beechwood, only had one previous conviction for violent disorder, relating to a mass brawl outside Anfield stadium in 2020

Salkeld was jailed for 27 months while Duffy was jailed for two years.

Looks like she has some form...

Four people have appeared in court in connection with the murder of Elle Edwards.
Ms Edwards, 26, was shot at a pub on Merseyside on Christmas Eve 2022 when a gunman opened fire on gang rivals.
Two men, aged 42 and 54, and two women, both aged 33, appeared at Wirral Magistrates' Court charged with assisting an offender.
No pleas were entered and they were bailed to appear at Liverpool Crown Court on 12 February.

Four suspects have denied assisting an offender in relation to the murder of Elle Edwards

David Chambers ( 42 ) - of no fixed address - is accused of arranging the hire of a Volkswagen T-Cross to be used by Chapman.

Danielle Dowdall, ( 34 ) of Woodchurch, is said to have disposed of the gunman's clothing.

Paul Owen ( 54 ) of Woodchurch, is alleged to have assisted in the disposal of the Mercedes A-Class used during the shooting.

Roxanne Rooney ( 33 ) also known as Roxanne Matthews and of Noctorum - faces two charges of assisting an offender by allegedly hiring the Volkswagen car and booking a lodge at Penllwyn Lodges, Mid-Wales, to be used by Chapman.

All four spoke to confirm their names and dates of birth before pleading not guilty

Now due to face a trial beginning on September 2 this year.

The Honorary Recorder of Liverpool Judge Andrew Menary KC released the defendants on conditional bail ahead of a further hearing on June 3.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back