Found Deceased UK - Evan Reid, 31, last seen around 9.40pm, Paisley, Renfrews, concerns for well-being, 25 March 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know that train very well on a Saturday night and it’s very busy especially since they have reduced a lot of services. What doesn’t make sense to me is if my partner was on that train and said something dodgy was happening, I would be asking them whats happening!? Then I’d know if I needed to call the police. I think some stuff is being held back from the family. Why did he not ask for help on the train or change carriages? Paisley is the first stop so whatever happened took place within 10 mins of that journey unless it started in Glasgow. What does everyone else think?
I think the train is a complete red herring. Trains are often busy, it’s not an important detail. If there are people acting badly there is the option to move carriage and there are help points on the platform. There didn’t seem to be anything untoward found on cctv. I just can’t see how anyone on the train could compel someone to wander about Paisley by themselves and then scale a wall.

Could he have encountered someone or a few he'd had run ins with, owed money to, or some such on the train? Just speculation.

Or had he taken something that was skewing his perception?

Has it been said if he had any mental health issues, was on, or not taking any meds?

I think the train is a complete red herring. Trains are often busy, it’s not an important detail. If there are people acting badly there is the option to move carriage and there are help points on the platform. There didn’t seem to be anything untoward found on cctv. I just can’t see how anyone on the train could compel someone to wander about Paisley by themselves and then scale a wall.
It's the most random thing I have heard in a while. Bound for Irvine, gets off at Paisley, walks up Inchinnan Road and then possibly climbs over a wall.

Can't believe this guy is still missing amd there seems to be no new information. Does anyone know if his phone or any belongings have been found? I noticed they are searching Glennifer Braes which is a while away from the last known location.

I’m from the U.S and not familiar at all with the locations involved here. Can someone describe what the community is like (where he departed the train)? Is it an urban area of downtown or neighborhoods, a “sketchy area” or safe, small town, mix of houses and agricultural property?? I understand the River Cart is there. How close is it to where he disappeared? Is it a fast moving river? A deep river? Has his phone been traced to show his route of travel once he left the train?

No wonder his family is frantic with worry. It’s an awful situation.

A mass search has been organised in Paisley today to help find missing dad Evan Reid.

Evan was on the train home to Irvine on Saturday, March 25 when he appeared agitated and disembarked at Gilmour Street Station around 9.40pm.

He was later spotted on CCTV on Love Street and Inchinnan Road between 9.40pm and 10.11pm.

But he has not made contact with his friends or family since.

They are now planning on conducting another search for the 31-year-old this Saturday, exactly two weeks after he went missing.

[...]

Can't believe this guy is still missing amd there seems to be no new information. Does anyone know if his phone or any belongings have been found? I noticed they are searching Glennifer Braes which is a while away from the last known location.
I find it so strange they're searching the Braes, it's miles away from where he was last seen. I grew up in Glenburn which is practically at the foot of the Braes.

Quite often searches are conducted in areas nearby without any intel linking that area to the missing person or the search. Since the area he was last seen and the town has been extensively searched they will move out into the countryside in the off chance that he got into a vehicle and left the town that way or walked away with being seen on camera.

A body has been found amid a search for missing man Evan Reid.

The 31-year-old was last seen on March 25 in the Paisley area after getting off a train from Glasgow to Irvine.

A police presence was spotted near the White Cart River in Paisley today.

Cops have issued a statement confirming that they found a body in the river at around 9.55am.

He is still to be formally identified but Evan's family have been made aware.

There do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances and a report will be sent to the procurator fiscal.

A large police presence was spotted beneath the White Cart viaduct before Police Scotland confirmed the tragic discovery.

Police are understood to have searched parts of the White Cart River in the days following his disappearance and last week stopped cars and pedestrians in the area in a bid to jog people’s memories.

In a statement issued today, the Renfrewshire force said: “The body of a man was found in the White Cart Water near Arran Avenue in Paisley around 9.55am on Monday, April 10.

“He is still to be formally identified but the family of Evan Reid, 31, who had been reported missing on Saturday, March 25 have been made aware.

“There are no apparent suspicious circumstances and a report will be submitted to the Procurator Fiscal in due course.”

'No suspicious circumstances'?

If everything is as we have heard - average guy, nothing dodgy, on night out with pals, not drunk, no mental health concerns, not depressed, on way home on train - I would say it is WELL damned suspicious.

He's on a train going home, sends partner text about something going on, gets off in a town that he knows no one in, starts walking around- then weeks later found dead in the canal.

I think the tox reports might show traces of something that affected him, because this is far from normal.

'No suspicious circumstances'?

If everything is as we have heard - average guy, nothing dodgy, on night out with pals, not drunk, no mental health concerns, not depressed, on way home on train - I would say it is WELL damned suspicious.

He's on a train going home, sends partner text about something going on, gets off in a town that he knows no one in, starts walking around- then weeks later found dead in the canal.

I think the tox reports might show traces of something that affected him, because this is far from normal.
I’m thinking some kind of psychotic episode at this point. Whether health related or induced by some kind of substance (which I wouldn’t assume he took knowingly). We may never know though.

I’m thinking some kind of psychotic episode at this point. Whether health related or induced by some kind of substance (which I wouldn’t assume he took knowingly). We may never know though.

I would be wanting answers if I was his family. He may have ingested something knowingly or unknowingly, yes, and hopefully the PM will be able to find out.

From what I can gather there was nothing suspicious on the train CCTV. Nobody followed him off the train or around Paisley.

It is a very random point on the map to chose to jump in a river. It may point to being drugged or a mental episode.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back