UK - Gaia Pope, 19, found deceased, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've spent an hour on Google Earth and the location where the tent and porta-loo seems to be the entrance to the original field, the one where the clothes were found. The gate just north of the red marker on the map. I don't think this is the body location, merely a temporary office / storage area for police equipment.

The hills are in the background of the photo as taken from the field suggesting the photo is taking facing and NNW, the location at California Barn would be facing SSW looking at the entrance so doesn't seem likely to be the location of the tent and loo.

Also the fields at California barn are flat and tended, it is a campsite in season.

Actually you may be right. The tent may just be a base for the Police so being at the field where the clothes were found would make sense.
It also would match the hedgerows/walls in the photo. The California Barn location seems lined with trees.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/hundreds-volunteers-join-father-missing-11543195

Don't know if this article has been posted. It has some details of the massive search efforts that were organised and some interesting quotes and photos.

Interesting how Nathan's mum had her mobile phone and appointment book taken by police.

Someone mentioned the police are preserving tyre tracks on the road near where she was found. They would not do that if they thought Gaia died accidentally.

I thought it might be the land owner.
4681430E00000578-5097397-image-a-33_1511092908310.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-terrible.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailUK

Hi new member here!

In regards to her epilepsy, one of my school friends and one my of colleagues both have severe epilepsy with frequent seizures. They frequently start complaining of feeling hot and will remove their clothes when they have seizures. Sometimes they will have multiple seizures after one another and in between will walk around very dazed and confused acting bizarrely. This can continue for up to an hour or longer after the seizure(s) has taken place. My colleague will often start saying she feels hot and begin removing her clothing, then will walk off in a daze not really being aware of what she's doing. For example, one time we found her half an hour after a seizure in the toilet trying to use her front door key to get out and not making any sense. They also have worse seizures when they are stressed.

I think it's perfectly possible due to her severe epilepsy and emotion distress she had multiple seizures which caused her to remove her clothing (at RD's house firstly) and walk around dazed and confused to the site she where was found. She could have removed more of her clothing there then slip/fell injuring herself or got lost and succumbed to hypothermia as she was naked or partially clothed.

Problem is the Google overhead images could be months/years old and what we see in the BBC/Mail pictures is very different now.

I don't think hills move much over a few years, the hills are in the background, the photo taken of the tent and loo is looking NNW, not out to sea as the California Barn location would suggest. Plus the terrain matches, the mounds versus flat field, that doesn't change much over years either.

Interesting how Nathan's mum had her mobile phone and appointment book taken by police.

Someone mentioned the police are preserving tyre tracks on the road near where she was found. They would not do that if they though Gaia died accidentally.
The cousin certainly indicated there was more to this than a medical emergency, physical or mental in origin.

There seems to be a bit of confusion over where everything is happening so I have made a map.

attachment.php

https://imgur.com/a/dAbeb

The police tent and portaloo are by the entrance to the field next to the quarry. Gaia was not found there, it is just the most convenient place for the police to put their toilets.

Based on the photos and where they were flying their drone when they found the clothes they were scattered in the part of the field marked with the yellow circle. There is a stone wall around the field about 5ft high with a gate at either side on the east and west walls. The footpath runs parallel to the southern wall of the field but the path is well below the height of the wall so you wouldn't be able to see over it. This time of year the footpath is muddy so Gaia may have jumped the gates and crossed the fields to save getting muddy. She knows that area so she would know it as a shortcut.

Based on the police search area yesterday Gaia was somewhere in the blue area. An educated guess based on the location of the clothes and her direction of travel I would think she was somewhere in the top left of the blue area. There is a steep drop, about 30ft or more, down the side of the hill into the gorse and blackthorn bushes below so if she was stumbling around in the dark and disorientated she would only have to walk off of the footpath a few degrees and end up falling down the hill.

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 404
"You will have justice"

I thought she was referring to previous events - the person or people who had abused Gaia, and of whom she was still afraid.
I don't know the details of this, but I gathered that this was a major cause of her distress.

I don't think hills move much over a few years, the hills are in the background, the photo taken of the tent and loo is looking NNW, not out to sea as the California Barn location would suggest. Plus the terrain matches, the mounds versus flat field, that doesn't change much over years either.

Sorry, my post wasn't in response to your post, tallmansix. Just a general comment that the pictures we have to go on right now are far too vague to try and work out the precise location. Google satellite images are usually months or more old and can show a very different picture depending on the season it was taken and which we are in now for example.

I’m really interested in if and when RD phoned Gaia’s family, I’m sure it was mentioned - if somebody I knew turned up at my door clearly distressed, not making sense, stripping. I’d probably be calling for medical assistance pretty swiftly, if they subsequently ran off & I couldn’t follow, I’d be immediately be calling their family/friends/101 to try to ensure someone could perform a welfare check.

I didnt follow this from from the beginning can anyone help with how the first days developed, was it the case the information she had been at RDs known from the start, or did it emerge in the following days?

There seems to be a bit of confusion over where everything is happening so I have made a map.

attachment.php

https://imgur.com/a/dAbeb

The police tent and portaloo are by the entrance to the field next to the quarry. Gaia was not found there, it is just the most convenient place for the police to put their toilets.

Based on the photos and where they were flying their drone when they found the clothes they were scattered in the part of the field marked with the yellow circle. There is a stone wall around the field about 5ft high with a gate at either side on the east and west walls. The footpath runs parallel to the southern wall of the field but the path is well below the height of the wall so you wouldn't be able to see over it. This time of year the footpath is muddy so Gaia may have jumped the gates and crossed the fields to save getting muddy. She knows that area so she would know it as a shortcut.

Based on the police search area yesterday Gaia was somewhere in the blue area. An educated guess based on the location of the clothes and her direction of travel I would think she was somewhere in the top left of the blue area. There is a steep drop, about 30ft or more, down the side of the hill into the gorse and blackthorn bushes below so if she was stumbling around in the dark and disorientated she would only have to walk off of the footpath a few degrees and end up falling down the hill.

Exactly correct, as stated before, the daily mail aerial photos and labels really aren't helpful because they point vaguely at California barn which is entirely the wrong area and IMO not even the track that GP would have used to access the fields South of Belle Vue quarry.

Thank you johnsmith, that is really helpful. Thank you for sharing!

Sorry, my post wasn't in response to your post, tallmansix. Just a general comment that the pictures we have to go on right now are far too vague to try and work out the precise location. Google satellite images are usually months or more old and can show a very different picture depending on the season it was taken and which we are in now for example.
Apart from the quarry holes getting a bit deeper nothing has changed in that area in my lifetime. You could put an aerial photo from the 50s on top of google maps and the walls and fields would line up.

Thank you johnsmith, that is really helpful. Thank you for sharing!

Certainly makes more sense than the location identified on my map.

I’m really interested in if and when RD phoned Gaia’s family, I’m sure it was mentioned - if somebody I knew turned up at my door clearly distressed, not making sense, stripping. I’d probably be calling for medical assistance pretty swiftly, if they subsequently ran off & I couldn’t follow, I’d be immediately be calling their family/friends/101 to try to ensure someone could perform a welfare check.

I didnt follow this from from the beginning can anyone help with how the first days developed, was it the case the information she had been at RDs known from the start, or did it emerge in the following days?
I would have thought RD phoned Gaias family. From what I can remember Gaia was reported missing the night she disappeared and a search was organised from RDs house the next day with Gaias family and other locals going there to coordinate everything. After a couple of days a station was set up in the town outside the Purbeck Gazette where the search effort was managed for the last two weeks. Every evening one of the cafes in town was used as a staging post for the search parties to meet and compare notes on where they had searched and where to search next.

RD is a family friend which is probably why Gaia ran to RDs house for support when she was in distress.

I totally agree - did she phone anyone, send someone to help Gaia or alert for medical help? In her shoes I certainly would have done and would not have even let Gaia leave without a jacket on.......does anyone know the answer to this???

Apart from the quarry holes getting a bit deeper nothing has changed in that area in my lifetime. You could put an aerial photo from the 50s on top of google maps and the walls and fields would line up.

I'm obviously not explaining this very well...! All I'm saying is we are all trying to guess where locations are based on two or three ground-based photos published by the BBC and Mail (with no context) using Google satellite/aeroplane images. I'm not saying the boundaries/major features themselves have changed.

We wouldn't have the issue if the journos taking pictures provided a overhead map with the location marked! I guess that is too much work....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back