UK - Gaia Pope, 19, found deceased, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
da5628cb45295808fde93e9489a0c6f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That photo is correct. South of Belle Vue quarry (the westerly one). At the bottom of the track in the field south of the gate as I understand.

Daily mail have consistently (wrongly) pointed towards California barn in their aerial photo labels.

If that is a portaloo next to the tent does anyone else find it a very insensitive place to put one? Right next to where they found the body? Or am I being stupid and they need the portaloo there for other reasons? Is it even a portaloo?

From reading the news reports I thought they had found her right by the cliff or in undergrowth. But that tent seems to be showing her body was out in the open.

RIP Gaia, I hope you are at peace now *advertiser censored*

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Not taped off either. That looks like a walker in front there wandering right by. I guess they need the loo as it will have LE posted there 24/7.

I wonder if that tent and portaloo has been set up to provide facilities for staff and not the actual spot where Gaia was found.

I'm surprised at the location - if Gaia's body has been lying here here for many days, close to where her clothes were found, how come no-one spotted her before? I had expected to see her hidden in undergrowth but that does not look like the case....my guess is she died tragically due to a combination of stress and an epileptic attack plus hypothermia. Does anyone else have any idea on why her body may not have been located or spotted earlier? RIP Gaia.

I agree it seems very exposed and I feel a murderer would have made more effort to hide body. But also, the fact it appears so exposed why wasn't she spotted earlier? Also agree that placement of portaloo seems strange unless it's being used for storage of SOCO materials.

I wonder if that tent and portaloo has been set up to provide facilities for staff and not the actual spot where Gaia was found.

It could well be. The police use those tents as temporary HQs, not only to protect evidence at scenes.

If it is that spot then this map shows distance between clothing found at red marker, tent at yellow arrow

attachment.php

Attachments

• Gaia.png
    Gaia.png
    651.3 KB · Views: 288
Welcome to WS Welshcake .
You may be right. Somewhere to work and collect evidence.

Not taped off either. That looks like a walker in front there wandering right by. I guess they need the loo as it will have LE posted there 24/7.
I thought it might be the land owner.

It could well be. The police use those tents as temporary HQs, not only to protect evidence at scenes.
That does make more sense!

Excellent thought. Her white trainers should yield a lot of clues with whatever mud etc went underfoot, or not.

Right. would be very telling if there was no mud at all.

Her bra removal is also an interesting feature. Would she think that would really make a difference? Her bare feet should also show signs of walking/running, unless decomposition makes that impossible to determine. Possibly there would be grass and mud between her toes.

She might still have had socks on though. But otherwise, yes you're right, her feet will tell an important part of the story.

GE said this BEFORE Gaia was found:
'It is terrible for Gaia's family. I feel dreadfully sorry for them, I really do. I know if I was in their position I would be devastated.
At least we knew [our family members] were coming home.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4ysTYCLmL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

How did he know Gaia wasn’t coming home?

Dailymail has updated the article so can’t be used as a time stamp - but the quote is repeated in this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pgMQE3Ma4i4 which was posted 23hours ago.

Good find! Add to that his assumption that she could not have possibly survived having a seizure on a night like this, painting a picture of her lying somewhere dead after a fit that turned out to be seemingly very accurate, and .... I just can't help feeling the guy knew things he shouldn't have if he and/or his family were completely innocent.

jmo

If it is that spot then this map shows distance between clothing found at red marker, tent at yellow arrow

attachment.php
Has it been confirmed the tent is where the yellow arrow is? The yellow arrow looks surrounded by trees yet in the actual photo of the tent it looks like hedges to me.

I think the yellow arrow is in the garden of a private home/business? Don't think this is correct? I can't figure out where the tents are with the frustratingly little info both the BBC and Mail have given.

attachment.php

I've spent an hour on Google Earth and the location where the tent and porta-loo seems to be the entrance to the original field, the one where the clothes were found. The gate just north of the red marker on the map. I don't think this is the body location, merely a temporary office / storage area for police equipment.

The hills are in the background of the photo as taken from the field suggesting the photo is taking facing and NNW, the location at California Barn would be facing SSW looking at the entrance so doesn't seem likely to be the location of the tent and loo.

Also the fields at California barn are flat and tended, it is a campsite in season.

Has it been confirmed the tent is where the yellow arrow is? The yellow arrow looks surrounded by trees yet in the actual photo of the tent it looks like hedges to me.

No it hasn't been confirmed, just going by post #175 above.

Having a look on Google maps I thought somewhere down near the coastal path might match the tent photos better.

Hedgerows instead of trees.
c9f924c073743939a9e3340aff35e91b.jpg
23ced190bdf2c68b90b59df66a2ad606.jpg

No it hasn't been confirmed, just going by post #175 above.

I'm fairly certain the photo of the tent and loo are at the entrance to the original field where clothes were found, no reason to indicate anything at California barn, the field looks wrong and the hills are where the sea should be.

Problem is the Google overhead images could be months/years old and what we see in the BBC/Mail pictures is very different now.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist
Back