UK - Gaia Pope, 19, found deceased, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
To be fair, I have seen situations where even if you were concerned nobody would agree to do anything.

It was not so much lack of care as people thinking things were not as bad as they were. It can be very hard to assess and on several occassions after a doctor came I have had to tell people not to stick around so the person got the hospital treatment they needed. This, on one occassion with someone lighting a zillion candles and thinking they were God. Their kids just rolled their eyes and hid in their rooms. Later I realised their reasoning was so they would not be assumed able to look after mum. Then the Dr suggested I stayed. Walking away was the only way the Dr would finally agree the person needed to be in hospital!

(Where they were probably sectioned.) It could have been a case of asking for and not getting appropriate help and having to allowa situation to continue.
I've seen the term "sectioned" used in these threads. Would you mind defining that for me? Is it a hospitalization?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

If I never see Greg Elseys arrogant face again or read another of his quotes it won't be a moment too soon!

He outed his own family!
When Nathan and Rosemary were arrested, he threw Paul under the bus then, when Paul was arrested he just bleated to the press even more!

Waa waa waaaaaa! Your family is alive!

Now that poor Gaia has been found and his family have been formally cleared, he still can't shut the fluff up and sees fit to tell the press that Gaia had a breakdown 2 years ago!

Someone, anyone, PLEASE just make him be quiet!!!!!

Well they're going to sue for wrongful arrest and Gaia's family don't seem happy it took the police so long to find her, despite her finally being found in her favourite spot. This is the media reporting this, so take with a bucket of salt of course.

Wrongful arrest? They won't get anywhere with that.

As for taking a long time to find her, nobody else found her any sooner, did they? If she was really found in her "favourite spot", you'd think friends and family would have gone straight there. Usual tabloid nonsense aimed at stirring up anger.

I've seen the term "sectioned" used in these threads. Would you mind defining that for me? Is it a hospitalization?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Committed is another term for it.
a616a484f8899fa0e731f8f374960bdb.jpg

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the times of the tweets appears to show 5.54 a.m. for the police comment whereas user 1 comment was only 4 hours ago (approx 2 p.m.). So the order is police comment , user1 , then user 2. There were no user comments when I posted it. Or I didn't see them anyway, but I'm not used to Twitter tbh so may have it wrong. :thinking:

I'm not used to Twitter either but I'm pretty sure by default it is California time so police tweet would be 1:54pm. If you click on the tweet it shows replies from/to. Perhaps a bigger Twit than us could clarify!

I'm not used to Twitter either but I'm pretty sure by default it is California time so police tweet would be 1:54pm. If you click on the tweet it shows replies from/to. Perhaps a bigger Twit than us could clarify!
Are there any ? :laughcry:

bbm

:laugh:

If I never see Greg Elseys arrogant face again or read another of his quotes it won't be a moment too soon!

He outed his own family!
When Nathan and Rosemary were arrested, he threw Paul under the bus then, when Paul was arrested he just bleated to the press even more!

Now that poor Gaia has been found and his family have been formally cleared, he still can't shut the fluff up and sees fit to tell the press that Gaia had a breakdown 2 years ago!

Also online on an instagram message shows she had a chat to someone who is replying to her telling her to run and find somewhere safe.telling her her police are in her phone . So maybe thats why she was seen running in cct v. ? Mysterious

He outed his own family!

Well said!. Couldn't have put it better myself. All about him and his own.

Also online on an instagram message shows she had a chat to someone who is replying to her telling her to run and find somewhere safe.telling her her police are in her phone . So maybe thats why she was seen running in cct v. ? Mysterious
That was her twin sister she was talking to.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Firstly, I wish to express my condolences to Gaia's Family and Friends. I'm so very, very sad to see this outcome for this beautiful young woman. RIP, Gaia.

angelWithBlueSkyBackground_MediumSized.jpg

As to Twitter's default time zone:

Just googled this:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6935225/twitter-time-date-stamp-which-time-zone-is-it

The API stores and returns dates and times in GMT to avoid issues with clock changes.

According to this answer, you can use the utc_offset property of the user object (which is returned with the tweet) to calculate the time relative to the user's timezone.

It refers to a section of the mental health act where a person can be legally detained for a mental health assessment if they are a danger to themselves or others. Unfortunately this is not always easy to determine and also why it is hard to get help for a very sick person if they refuse it. You can be a in a very distressed state of mental health and not a danger to anyone as far as anyone can see.

Oh for... I take the DM with a huge grain of salt, but if that's what got the police sidetracked, I'm not even sure what to say.
I think that's what Greg Elsey is saying ... I doubt it's what the police are saying!

I cannot seem to edit so this reply refers to the link in the last post. If police had arrested members of my family because they failed to understand the CCTV I was giving them was an hour wrong and I had told them so I would be angry and making noises too .

If there was a murderer I would know the police were looking in the wrong place. I would also know this action might be delaying finding the missing person.

Then there would be my anger at the way a helpful action put my family in an enormous amount of stress and my concern for the missing Person.

If I learned this as a member of the family of a missing person I would also be angry because what if time wasted meant my loved one might have been found

You get some people with common sense and others who miss vital facts.

Arresting people for murder on the basis of a time line explained to avoid exactly what happened is surely at the very least, incompetent.

One does wonder if the search was not as thorough earlier because they thought the Elsey family would give up a body...

I personally see GE's point of view, 3 members of his family were arrested on suspicion of murder... thanks to all of that most of us on here thought the family was involved somehow, imagine what the rest of the country thought!

I can't imagine how terrible it would be to be falsely accused of murder, let alone have the whole country know about it, it could have serious repercussions in the future for the Elseys from ignorant people / people who haven't kept up to date with the case and are unaware that it's not a murder investigation.

I know GE didn't really do himself many favours in the media but if three members of your family were falsely accused I'm pretty sure you'd be angry as hell too! I know I certainly wouldn't be in the best of moods about it all.

Obviously nothing compares to the upset and horror that Gaia's family and friends are experiencing now, but it's still a pretty terrible experience for the Elseys to have to go through as well. I just don't understand why the police didn't say they were helping them with their enquiries, why go straight in with murder accusations, that's what GE has been getting at.

Even Gaia's father sent his best wishes to the Elseys and said how bad it must of been for them to be accused.

I personally see GE's point of view, 3 members of his family were arrested on suspicion of murder... thanks to all of that most of us on here thought the family was involved somehow, imagine what the rest of the country thought!

I can't imagine how terrible it would be to be falsely accused of murder, let alone have the whole country know about it, it could have serious repercussions in the future for the Elseys from ignorant people / people who haven't kept up to date with the case and are unaware that it's not a murder investigation.

I know GE didn't really do himself many favours in the media but if three members of your family were falsely accused I'm pretty sure you'd be angry as hell too! I know I certainly wouldn't be in the best of moods about it all.

Obviously nothing compares to the upset and horror that Gaia's family and friends are experiencing now, but it's still a pretty terrible experience for the Elseys to have to go through as well. I just don't understand why the police didn't say they were helping them with their enquiries, why go straight in with murder accusations, that's what GE has been getting at.

Even Gaia's father sent his best wishes to the Elseys and said how bad it must of been for them to be accused.
Notwithstanding that others might now be wary of helping police in case their family gets accused. There does need to be a full investigation.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist
Back