UK - Gaia Pope, 19, found deceased, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So do you know if that white chalky looking track just above the red pointer would provide vehicular access?
Answering my own question from the later pics posted - yes it obviously is a road track.

So do you know if that white chalky looking track just above the red pointer would provide vehicular access?
I’d assume so to a degree - there’s a quarry at the end of the track & what looks to be a truck visible there on the satellite images. It looks as if it’s strictly high-chassis territory but hopefully someone local can give a definite answer,

Yes, this photo shows vehicles on the tracks

attachment.php

Attachments

• 16 Nov 2017 - Clothing Found 1 - httpwww.bournemouthecho.co.ukresourcesimages7075149type=respons.jpg
    16 Nov 2017 - Clothing Found 1 - httpwww.bournemouthecho.co.ukresourcesimages7075149type=respons.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 356
Do you think the police statement that Gaia’s death remains unexplained, indicates there aren’t many visible injuries? Or might it be that after several days, decomposition would be significant enough to hide existing trauma?

For the police to have arrested 3 people on suspicion of murder there must have been *something* if not many somethings not adding up.

I’m struggling with the notion as a heavy smoker, PE lives with & was painted as the main carer for his mother who has COPD & requires compressed oxygen. That doesn’t seem advisable!
From http://dailym.ai/2hKgNKy

Last paragraph. Am I reading too much into this?
b696732e37b71c4a75fb6a740ef8859e.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

If she has been there for over a week there would be quite severe decomposition

The quarry appears to be Lewis Quarries. Interestingly, they advertise work on church restorations.

The quarry appears to be Lewis Quarries. Interestingly, they advertise work on church restorations.

Well spotted!

Didn't I read some comment about mines in the area and mine shafts? Can anyone pinpoint where she was found yet? It is vague from the media pic view.

RIP Gaia :-(

I feel awful for her family, but I'm glad that her body has now been found.

With the pattern of the strewing of the clothes and the body being relatively nearby, but not immediately with the clothing, I'm thinking hypothermia combined with the epilepsy.

In the images of the police collecting the items of clothing you could see the markers. I think it looked reminiscent of someone wandering haphazardly and discarding clothing as they were going. The body appears to be far enough away that it's not like a single attack/murder scene where an attacker has removed clothing and thrown it within a few feet of the body/attack site, yet the body isn't far enough away to make it two wholly separate things with one attack site and a separate 'body dump site'. I think it appears more like the wandering with discarding clothing, then wandering a bit further on, naked, and then settling down and either succumbing to the hypothermia or complicated by epilepsy occurring during the hypothermic phase and the gradual loss of epilepsy medication in the brain/bloodstream. As a layperson, I think the stress during the slanging match with RD might have been a forerunner of an attack episode that might have been bad even if she hadn't been alone in the cold and rain with no one nearby to call for help.

The police might have found incriminating evidence during the property searches, and it's impossible for us to know. If you remove all of the arrests and searches from the picture, I don't see a murder site, I see misadventure. I think it will depend on what the post mortem finds, and then an inquest. But that's JMO, and it's possible that one or more of the arrests will lead to charges of some kind.

If the clothes were in a trail and she was found in a tight small place which looked like she had to get on all fours to get in, or she had knelt down to squash herself into a small space, then chances are it was hypothermia. This can happen in about 25% of cases. Many think a naked body or partial naked body found in/under /behind a small gap must equal abuse and attempt at hiding the body, but this can also be how hypothermia plays out.

RIP sweet Gaia. Such a sad end to a young life.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Seems that most here now lean towards misadventure as the cause of this tragedy? Severe epilepsy coupled with a possible mental breakdown and hypothermia ...

Which again brings me back to GE's earlier statement I had discussed in Thread 1, where he was saying that (paraphrasing now) she could not possibly have survived an epileptic fit on a night like this (meaning the cold weather). I found it so odd at the time because he seemed so certain. I still don't believe that a fit in cold weather inevitably leads to death, but maybe the medically trained members here can shed some light on that.

Anyway, now it turns out that GE might have been right after all. The clothes, the body, it all fits his statement.

Or did he say it because he knew that's how she would be found? Slip of the tongue?

I'm still suspicious and on the fence. Very curious to know what the coroner's findings will be.

I really don't feel like it's suicide/misadventure. The fact that the clothes weren't there 3 days ago and suddenly appeared is too bizarre. I assume she was found naked. It wouldn't surprise me if someone picked her up, killed her, tried to wash the clothes for evidence and discarded her a few days later. The clothes and body were found just after PE handed himself in with a solicitor the day after police were searching the area and car near a property he was linked to. It reaks of guilt to me in my opinion. Was devastated today to hear of the news. Bless her heart.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I still find it odd that the field where the clothes were found was apparently searched the day after she went missing, by the police and was searched again quite soon after by others, yet they weren't found then either. From the pictures in msm, it appears they were all together. Also, that the police were alerted to them by a member of the public about 10.30am on that day and so they were recovered, yet the nearby fields weren't searched at that time and have been left until now? Or were they searched then and the body has been put there since? Is it sheer coincidence that a public search was announced and while that was going on in the other direction, the body was then found by police?

I'm really not sure about hypothermia right now. I still remember the Adrian Lynch case where the lead detective was insistent his behavior indicated such. I thought

It is impossible to say. I am not working within their jurisdiction. If I were, I wouldn't be posting here!  It is very unusual to make an arrest at such an early stage, particularly without a body or good reason for the missing person to be considered deceased. Whether the quick discovery of Gaia was related in any way to the arrests....again I wouldn't be party to knowing. Where the investigation goes from here would be dictated by the information Gaia provides

Hi Lucy,

The police could have made the arrests "in connection with Gaia's disappearance" rather than with her "murder" as they did. So there may have been a good reason?

Hello everyone, first post - I was a user years ago under a different name, but lost my details so am reinventing myself.
There seem to be a lot of things which don't add up in Gaia's disappearance and now it seems her death. But most of all I find the relatives' position and interviews the most interesting and telling of all. They are definitely covering something up:
1. Her mother's rather bizarre audio statement, "it's just a matter of time before we find you sweetheart" - a very odd mixture of pleading, reassurance and threats. I didn't understand her words at all
2. The strange interview with RD - talks a lot about how it all affected HER- really if someone you love had gone missing from your house, why would you be babbling on about your own state of health; and why didn't you ring up police or a doctor immediately
3. GE's very bolshy defence of NE - trying to smear the police well before any of the three people were released. He said, if I remember " people will laugh if they know what really happened" or WTTE. Well, if you know, why haven't you told anybody.

I think there has been a lot of conflict and trouble in Gaia's family - she didn't seem to trust them very much if she bolted from the aunt's car at the first opportunity. We haven't heard the truth of it by any means. It felt to me as she had absolutely nowhere to go and was desperate to be heard and believed, but couldn't make any headway with her family. I've had teenagers so I do understand that she may not have helped herself in this situation, and yelling and screaming is part of the business of raising a teenage girl, especially if she has some bad health and mental issues, but she seemed genuinely terrified of this person who allegedly assaulted her, and was afraid he was coming for her. She should have been able to feel her family would protect her, but it sounds as though she was seen as 'over emotional and hysterical' - "it's just Gaia doing her thing again" kind of stuff. Her mother sounded an over-controller to me.

I think this is something which went tragically out of control very quickly, and the family and the E family are covering up. I would be interested to know in what condition her body was found. Was she just lying there, or did it appear she had been placed there for example.
Hope the police can get to the bottom of it soon, it's a nightmare for everyone involved.

So sad for Gaia and her family. May she rest in piece and her family find comfort and peace in each other.

Just a quick note on the diazepam and epilepsy...my son has epilepsy and takes Keppra daily as a maintenance medicine. If there is a breakthrough seizure lasting longer than 3 minutes, we have Diastat gel to administer rectally in the hopes of stopping the seizure. IMO they wouldn’t prescribe high doses of diazepam as an epilepsy medicine, as it’s impossible to have someone swallow a pill in the middle of a seizure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist
Back