Found Deceased UK - Gaia Pope, 19, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>Oh that might make sense, I hadn't realised it was yesterday they found the clothing. The days are flying by and still no conclusion [emoji849]. I wonder why the police went down the murder theory so quickly? Cadavar dogs?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I agree and is basically what I said! The manpower and cost apart from anything else rules it out until it is the last resort (like a Crimewatch appeal). Also takes time to plan and this case is only a week old and right now is a missing person that is suspected of coming to harm.

The issue is that while the police now seem to think Gaia has come to harm, and may be dead, that was not something they would necessarily assume from the start, especially given what was known early on about her mental state and physical health. Surveillance could have been undertaken very early on if (a) there are viable suspects/PoIs and (b) they think she might be alive and being held somewhere, and there's a chance the suspects may lead them to her or other evidence. The possibility that she is alive and at risk might well make surveillance a greater priority than in another case with different circumstances.

It's a question of balancing probabilities and deciding what would be the more productive use of personnel.

Oh that might make sense, I hadn't realised it was yesterday they found the clothing. The days are flying by and still no conclusion [emoji849]. I wonder why the police went down the murder theory so quickly? Cadavar dogs?

cadaver dogs were my first thought.....

The issue is that while the police now seem to think Gaia has come to harm, and may be dead, that was not something they would necessarily assume from the start, especially given what was known early on about her mental state and physical health. Surveillance could have been undertaken very early on if (a) there are viable suspects/PoIs and (b) they think she might be alive and being held somewhere, and there's a chance the suspects may lead them to her or other evidence. The possibility that she is alive and at risk might well make surveillance a greater priority than in another case with different circumstances.

It's a question of balancing probabilities and deciding what would be the more productive use of personnel.

I'll be honest and say I'm not convinced this is the way forward in the case. Especially now the Police in this case have gone through 3 people and seemingly come up with nothing. I mentioned the Becky Watts case earlier and as soon as Police saw the very clean bath in a otherwise dirty hoarders house they knew they had'em and rearrested them (I think).

In this case after a week? of interviewing and searching suspects houses they have nothing. Right now I'm thinking suicide/misadventure or unknown third party?

I genuinely hope she is hiding somewhere but the cynic in me very much doubts that sadly...

Thing is, these clothes:

They weren't there when the police first searched. So they weren't put there by Gaia in a meltdown before jumping off a cliff shortly after she went missing.

If some harm had come to Gaia I don't think the person who had done it would have put them out in the open in the middle of the search area.

The only possible way I can possibly think those clothes got there is by someone leaving them deliberately to be found in the hope it would take the heat of the people accused of murder.

And the only possible person I can think of who would have had them is Gaia or someone very close to her.

The police have now refused to confirm they are standing by their belief she 'may have come to some harm'. I'm absolutely convinced she is still alive somewhere and probably safe.

REMINDER ON SOCIAL MEDIA RULES

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...&#8221;
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don&#8217;t mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...&#8221;: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

This has all jogged my memory back to that case with the Swedish twins and their shared psychosis. I know the circumstances are different but that was one of the strangest cases I remember and this one is right up there too.

This has all jogged my memory back to that case with the Swedish twins and their shared psychosis. I know the circumstances are different but that was one of the strangest cases I remember and this one is right up there too.

Is that the case where they both threw themselves into traffic on the M6 Motorway? Can't believe one of those survived being mowed down by a HGV doing 40 mph. I think she went on to murder someone?

Is that the case where they both threw themselves into traffic on the M6 Motorway? Can't believe one of those survived being mowed down by a HGV doing 40 mph. I think she went on to murder someone?

i've never heard of this case before.....i'm going to be wasting hours now researching it aren't i!? thanks for that lol

Although there's a lot of strange portions to all of this, this is the only thing I could make fit

- Something happened on halloween and she's had a falling out with a mate (KJ?)
- She's had a social media exchange with NE which ended in her heading to his to have it out
- RD has got involved and something has happened
- This is why RD said "cuddled", "slumped to the floor", "responsive" and "she just disappeared"
- It's where the clothes were removed (unknown who by but already mentioned by RD at the house)
- It's also why her coat was still there
- RD & or NE called PE home from work early (In Weymouth, hence the allowance to leave his car and bank card that was used that day there as HIS alibi) to help
- PE has taken the body and the clothes (missed the coat) in another vehicle towards Southampton, this is why he disappeared for a few days before his dad announced he was in Southampton
- PE comes back to Swanage to face the police but first scatters the clothes in the fields by the cliffs to make it appear she may have jumped

My theory is unfortunately I think PE may have disposed of her on his way to or in Southampton (New Forest? maybe even Brockenhurst?)

Yeah that one. Think they were filming a tv police documentary and it all unfolded on camera. I think one of the twins was mentally ill and somehow managed to pass the delusions on to her sister. I remember the police being amazed how superhuman they appeared while in the psychotic episode.

I just looked it up for you. Ursula and Sabina Eriksson. It lists the documentaries made about them if you search their names.

<modsnip>Oh that might make sense, I hadn't realised it was yesterday they found the clothing. The days are flying by and still no conclusion [emoji849]. I wonder why the police went down the murder theory so quickly? Cadavar dogs?

bbm That's what I thought too.

This could also explain why no reward is being offered.

I think the police know what’s gone on but are searching for the smoking gun. Hopefully everyone they arrested was willing to talk and they got some stories to check out. Did anyone watch The Detectives: Murder on the Streets? I’m thinking of Candido and the moment they pulled up the carpet and found the blood...

It could be a case of they know Gaia was harmed in the flat, but they can't just charge everyone connected with the flat with her murder. The others would be accessories to murder/ cover-up. Only RD has admitted being there with Gaia - so they'll need to find a way of proving that is false and without a body that will be difficult. Clothing might yield some results. Tracking car movements might be possible. Neighbours might have witnessed comings and goings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist