Found Deceased UK - Gaia Pope, 19, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This one gives a good view of the terrain close to the cliffs.

[video=twitter;931854149829804032]https://twitter.com/LaurenceHerdman/status/931854149829804032[/video]

This one gives a good view of the terrain close to the cliffs.

[video=twitter;931854149829804032]https://twitter.com/LaurenceHerdman/status/931854149829804032[/video]

What you don't see in that photo is many of those bushes will be on top of old collapsed mine shafts so there may be hollows in the ground that go down 10 feet or more. It makes finding someone on that hillside very difficult.

Hi everyone.
I can’t add anything much more than say I hope and pray Gaia will be found.
With regards to RD and her glasses, rather coincidentally I was watching an ID programme which was on Carol Wardell. Her husband wore tinted glasses to the press conference albeit inside and one of the police officers said that did cause suspicion.

Surely those shafts need checking out?
The holes are not from vertical shafts but from the ones cut into the side of the cliffs. If you look in the background of the photo you can see the caves at Headbury where the cliff was undercut and stone removed. There are caves like that all the way along the coastline. You can see in this photo how much the cliffs are undercut. There are also shafts that have been cut horizontally into the side of the hill which can go back several hundred meters.

Over the decades since the quarries closed many of the shafts have collapsed leaving large hollows in the ground above which have since been overgrown with brambles and gorse bushes.

What you don't see in that photo is many of those bushes will be on top of old collapsed mine shafts so there may be hollows in the ground that go down 10 feet or more. It makes finding someone on that hillside very difficult.

And dangerous for the searchers too I would think?

[video=twitter;931938588253736961]https://twitter.com/SkyNewsTom/status/931938588253736961[/video]

The holes are not from vertical shafts but from the ones cut into the side of the cliffs. If you look in the background of the photo you can see the caves at Headbury where the cliff was undercut and stone removed. There are caves like that all the way along the coastline. You can see in this photo how much the cliffs are undercut. There are also shafts that have been cut horizontally into the side of the hill which can go back several hundred meters.

Over the decades since the quarries closed many of the shafts have collapsed leaving large hollows in the ground above which have since been overgrown with brambles and gorse bushes.

Ah! There was a photo yesterday of police searching in a boat along the cliffs and in the background it looked like a cave. I was gonna ask here about it but forgot. Thanks for explaining!

wait, has the news conference been and gone? it says the last post here was 12.41pm...

It's nothing to do with the wearers prescription they work due to chemicals in the lenses that causes them to change in light. They only turn a brown or grey shade not black.

They could very well be light transitioning because of two reasons.

One is that they can go pretty dark on their own, this gives you an example - look at the second set of photos, those lenses can get very dark.

The other is the way that (at least some of these lenses) work - which is polarization, the technology behind the sunglasses (which filters out light in a certain way rather than just making everything dark.) If you've ever had a pair of sunglasses that makes your smartphone impossible to see unless you turn the phone, then you've had polarized lenses. That polarization could work both ways, and combined with the camera angle make the lenses look much darker than they appear if you were at eye level.

I wouldn't fault someone for just buying light-sensitive lenses instead of sunglasses. I don't wear prescription lenses anymore, but there are times in Seattle where I feel like I have to keep my sunglasses in my hand because it will get bright because of a sunbreak and then dark when the clouds roll back in. Eventually you just leave your sunglasses on except when you are driving through a tunnel.

News conference is starting soon. Sky journalist just said the police have an update.....

There's a feature on Meridian News (ITV local) now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1