Found Deceased UK - Gaia Pope, 19, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all. Still trying to catch up from yesterday, I've been busy since about 5pm yesterday. Are there any major developments? I'm just watching the BBC it says PE has been released under investigation as are NE and RD.

The longer this goes on the less I think this family has anything to do with her disappearance. I find it hard to believe the police have arrested three people on suspicion of murder but clearly don't even have enough evidence to bail them properly just leave them "under investigation"?

Maybe there is a lot more to GP which is not known to her family and the public ... The circumstances surrounding her ‘assault’ and her subsequent erratic behaviour. Her fallout with NE ... NE’s Grandpa saying that his son never liked that family anyway ... There is definitely the POSSIBLITY that something sinister has happened to her, God forbid. But then, who knows ... All we, as man in the street sees, is a pretty and vulnerable very young girl who disappeared under mysterious circumstances.

Personally I think there's a lot that the family do know about GP that we're not aware of and that the roots of this go deeper and more historical than this one event or even the assault a couple of years ago. I keep re-watching the father's appeal by the seaside - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/ne...l-Gaia-Pope-s-dad-makes-emotional-appeal.html

Morning all. Still trying to catch up from yesterday, I've been busy since about 5pm yesterday. Are there any major developments? I'm just watching the BBC it says PE has been released under investigation as are NE and RD.

The longer this goes on the less I think this family has anything to do with her disappearance. I find it hard to believe oh the police have arrested three people on suspicion of murder but clearly don't even have enough evidence to bail them properly just leave them "under investigation"?

Not being bailed doesn't mean anything though. The law changed on bail in April so now police have to give a deadline for bail. They get around this by using under investigation instead.

http://www.wellsburcombe.co.uk/released-investigation-explained/

Looking at Gaia's actions from a different angle -

In one IG post she is very upset and paranoid and her sister advises her to run and hide somewhere where she feels safe. Now what she actually did was, she ran from her aunt and her doctor's appointment to RD's house. It was described like she ran off suddenly, unexpectedly, although she was supposed to go to the doctor with her aunt. Could it be that she was scared of her aunt or someone else in the house, or perhaps of the doctor? It looks to me as if RD's house was her 'safe place', she trusted her. She ran all the way, it was so urgent for her to see either RD, NE or PE. She pounded on the door asking for help.

It does not look to me that RD or her family members were the ones she felt scared of and felt the need to hide from. It must be someone outside the E family. And if that is true what motive would anyone in the E family have to kill her?

We dont actually know whether she ran or walked from her Aunt's house to RDs flat.
We have only seen that short video clip and - to me - she looks like she's jogging up Morrison Road, not racing in a panic.
Likewise the pounding on the door - we only have RDs word telling us that is what happened.

She also had an image on ig of a smoothie she made that included hemp oil. Looks like that's how she controlled her epilepsy.

I agree with you...we have to remember that she was running to RDs house...not away from...running to it...for help presumably because she felt safe there....i think she was simply desperate to get out of her appointment, maybe she was paranoid they would section her or something....i think she did leave RDs house just as she said, for DE to have the Gaul and bravery to go to neighbours and apologise for the noise after a murder has been committed is a bit far fetched to me...and for someone to transport the body into a friends car or PEs car is pushing it....police have searched the house, pipes and car....yet no charges

I agree with you re the doctors. Very possibly she didnt want to keep that appointment.

DE apologising to neighbours. Very smart thing to do imo. Keep neighbours on side, dont want them complaining to police about noise ( particuarly if there had been previous disturbances ).
Searching the car - depends which car was used. PE was quick to offer his car to the police to be searched, which indicates to me that this was not the car used ( if indeed any car was used ).

We dont actually know whether she ran or walked from her Aunt's house to RDs flat.
We have only seen that short video clip and - to me - she looks like she's jogging up Morrison Road, not racing in a panic.
Likewise the pounding on the door - we only have RDs word telling us that is what happened.

We don't know if she did go to or enter RD's house do we? It's just one persons word for that.

I think Gaia went to see NE (his home is nearby iirc) , something happened to her there. In a panic NE ran to his gran and he was the one banging on the door.

I'm a bit stuck with this case. There were only 9 posts in the first 4 days of the thread being posted and so much of the important info we normally get early on in cases just isn't there.

The only thing that sticks out for me that is probably nothing (depending on who/when it was said I guess) is the red shirt. Not mentioned in the first reports then added with a specific detail of white buttons.

Who remembers what colour buttons on a shirt are!?
When my Cat was missing, I could and did inform people what colour her whiskers, tail tip, nose AND toe beans were ... I poured out as many details as I could because I was so desperate to find her it felt like it all mattered ...

Hello all
Been a lurker on this case but brought here by another case entirely. I woke up with this on my mind especially as I am here in the UK and its everywhere, so my first post i dived straight on the board without saying howdy first.:shame:

I was actually thinking, is it possible she felt safe at RD's house and so after an argument either on or offline/via text with NE that GP went there?

Is it possible that RD wanted to play peacemaker and got the two together only for NE to lose his temper and something go wrong at the home?
And that in a bid to protect this young man (as he might have been seen as having a promising career in TV/acting) that RD called PE told him what happened and as he was not there at the time he had time to think of a plan as he made his way there then hid the body?

I think we can all underestimate how fast a mind can come up with a plan when in survival mode, we all watch TV we all hear previous cases of missing persons and i think if someone really wants to try and get out of trouble their minds will come up whatever they need to in order to survive/maintain their freedom. Sadly it seems to me that its all too easy to use her mental health as a reason/catalyst for this. I may have missed it but all of the reports on her mental state at that time seem to come from the same camp, has a recent medical assessment/practitioner confirmed that GP was not in a good way? I saw mentioned somewhere that she was collecting a prescription but that says nothing about her fear of the doctor or the appointment. I know all too well that when dealing with emotional stuff and needing to collect a prescription the collection is last on my list of priorities and we are talking about a 19year old woman here where gossip, social media, history of assault, feeling ignored by previous sexual partners (possibly in public) was up there in terms of things that were daily challenges emotionally for her.

Just seems all too convenient "the ramblings/behaviour of a crazy person" angle.

Only my opinions and hope some people can put me straight and clarify things for me if i am way off.

DD

I agree with you re the doctors. Very possibly she didnt want to keep that appointment.

DE apologising to neighbours. Very smart thing to do imo. Keep neighbours on side, dont want them complaining to police about noise ( particuarly if there had been previous disturbances ).
Searching the car - depends which car was used. PE was quick to offer his car to the police to be searched, which indicates to me that this was not the car used ( if indeed any car was used ).

This case reminds me of the Helen Bailey murder. I know you know the details but for the benefit of those who didn't follow it, Ian Stewart laid a story of her being upset and leaving a note saying she had gone to her holiday cottage and didn't want to be contacted. He wanted suicide to be on everyone's mind, said her coat was missing, and it took police 4 months to find her body in the sewer underneath their garage.

She hadn't gone anywhere yet there were witnesses who came forward to say they had seen her driving around in the area of her holiday home, and even a lady who knew Helen saying she had seen Helen (after her murder) and she remembered it because she had a hair appointment that afternoon and it had been raining and she knew it had to be that day because she wouldn't usually have driven to her hairdressers. Prosecution were able to show she was mistaken about the day because there was cctv of Ian Stewart at the dump disposing of their duvet and it wasn't raining at that time.

So it's a bit like this dashcam footage of the person leaning into the car at 11:30pm on the night Gaia was missing - it's a red herring.

PE needs to explain how offering his car to police to check, in that first week when they asked him where he was, could possibly prove he was in Weymouth at the time. It shows his knowledge that a car was used in relation to Gaia, and conflicts with his mum's story that Gaia left on foot.

The only question I have is did he use his own car or another car?

Hello all
Been a lurker on this case but brought here by another case entirely. I woke up with this on my mind especially as I am here in the UK and its everywhere, so my first post i dived straight on the board without saying howdy first.:shame:

I was actually thinking, is it possible she felt safe at RD's house and so after an argument either on or offline/via text with NE that GP went there?

Is it possible that RD wanted to play peacemaker and got the two together only for NE to lose his temper and something go wrong at the home?
And that in a bid to protect this young man (as he might have been seen as having a promising career in TV/acting) that RD called PE told him what happened and as he was not there at the time he had time to think of a plan as he made his way there then hid the body?

I think we can all underestimate how fast a mind can come up with a plan when in survival mode, we all watch TV we all hear previous cases of missing persons and i think if someone really wants to try and get out of trouble their minds will come up whatever they need to in order to survive/maintain their freedom. Sadly it seems to me that its all too easy to use her mental health as a reason/catalyst for this. I may have missed it but all of the reports on her mental state at that time seem to come from the same camp, has a recent medical assessment/practitioner confirmed that GP was not in a good way? I saw mentioned somewhere that she was collecting a prescription but that says nothing about her fear of the doctor or the appointment. I know all too well that when dealing with emotional stuff and needing to collect a prescription the collection is last on my list of priorities and we are talking about a 19year old woman here where gossip, social media, history of assault, feeling ignored by previous sexual partners (possibly in public) was up there in terms of things that were daily challenges emotionally for her.

Just seems all too convenient "the ramblings/behaviour of a crazy person" angle.

Only my opinions and hope some people can put me straight and clarify things for me if i am way off.

DD

Hi DD, good first post :)

If I recall correctly, there's a picture on GP's Instagram of her in hospital having tests, and I think her comment/title on it was that it was in preparation for an op. I imagine that would be an op for the epilepsy, so that suggests to me that it was pretty serious. Commenters on here who are familiar with epilepsy (which obviously takes many different forms) have confirmed that it can come with side-effects of mental confusion.

I only heard of absence seizures a few months ago, and I watched a YouTube video of a young woman who filmed herself having them. The ones she displayed were very brief, but it's worth looking up if anyone's not heard of this type of seizure before.

I've been wondering what made the police want to search NE's home. We've seen pictures of the forensics officers at RD's home, I haven't seen photos of the officers at NE's, but it's been mentioned each time in the media that they were searching both properties (and later also searching GE's and some cars). What led them there? What were they looking for? Did they find anything they thought suspicious and possibly connected to GP?

Hi DD, good first post :)

If I recall correctly, there's a picture on GP's Instagram of her in hospital having tests, and I think her comment/title on it was that it was in preparation for an op. I imagine that would be an op for the epilepsy, so that suggests to me that it was pretty serious. Commenters on here who are familiar with epilepsy (which obviously takes many different forms) have confirmed that it can come with side-effects of mental confusion.

I only heard of absence seizures a few months ago, and I watched a YouTube video of a young woman who filmed herself having them. The ones she displayed were very brief, but it's worth looking up if anyone's not heard of this type of seizure before.

I've been wondering what made the police want to search NE's home. We've seen pictures of the forensics officers at RD's home, I haven't seen photos of the officers at NE's, but it's been mentioned each time in the media that they were searching both properties (and later also searching GE's and some cars). What led them there? What were they looking for? Did they find anything they thought suspicious and possibly connected to GP?

And why wasn't DE questioned at all, considering she was apparently involved in apologising to neighbours?

And why wasn't DE questioned at all, considering she was apparently involved in apologising to neighbours?

I would think they must have questioned her, all we know is that she hasn't been arrested? Unless she didn't go round to the neighbours to apologise for the noise until later that night and could be confirmed to be at work/elsewhere for the hours the police are interested in?

I'm a bit stuck with this case. There were only 9 posts in the first 4 days of the thread being posted and so much of the important info we normally get early on in cases just isn't there.

The only thing that sticks out for me that is probably nothing (depending on who/when it was said I guess) is the red shirt. Not mentioned in the first reports then added with a specific detail of white buttons.

Who remembers what colour buttons on a shirt are!?
I thought it odd that the blue shirt seen with the forensics officers had large white buttons. Looked to me like the buttons were still done up aswell.

Is bugging legal? Allowed as evidence?

Yes and yes, with caveats.

Bugging is lawful if done lawfully, ie within the restrictions permitted by law. It is almost always illegal to bug someones communications or their home (known as intrusive surveillance - only the police and certain other government bodies can do so legally and that is providing strict procedures are followed), but it's legal to put a tracking device on a vehicle. The latter becomes illegal if you commit another crime in order to place the device, eg breaking into the vehicle.

Evidence gathered through lawful surveillance is admissable in court.

Hi Amonet

Thank you.

OK the mental confusion I understand now and thank you for highlighting that, it clearly makes sense. I am still troubled and I hope to proved wrong in my suspicions that PE (GE and RD) is/are protecting NE. Jeez i really hope im wrong.

Bugging is lawful if done lawfully, ie within the restrictions permitted by law. It is almost always illegal to bug someones communications or their home (known as intrusive surveillance - only the police and certain other government bodies can do so legally and that is providing strict procedures are followed), but it's legal to put a tracking device on a vehicle. The latter becomes illegal if you commit another crime in order to place the device, eg breaking into the vehicle.

Which case was it, those parents who set fire to their own home and all the children died inside. Police put them up in a hotel room which was bugged to listen to their conversations. I'll remember the name soon - just having one of those blocks.

Some of the evidence against Mick and Mhairead Philpott was thanks to bugging their hotel room. They were discussing what they’d said to the police.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member