Found Deceased UK - Gaia Pope, 19, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you...we have to remember that she was running to RDs house...not away from...running to it...for help presumably because she felt safe there....i think she was simply desperate to get out of her appointment, maybe she was paranoid they would section her or something....i think she did leave RDs house just as she said, for DE to have the Gaul and bravery to go to neighbours and apologise for the noise after a murder has been committed is a bit far fetched to me...and for someone to transport the body into a friends car or PEs car is pushing it....police have searched the house, pipes and car....yet no charges

Does anyone have in the back of their mind that things happened as RD said and the poor girl just kept running from it all and had a meltdown- found herself in the field and stripped as per previous behaviour and for whatever reason the clothes were missed. And ran somewhere in the wilderness and collapsed in exhaustion or had a seizure and had no phone for help? And the police were just being cautious because I doubt in that part of the world they would have much experience with brutal murders?

Yes. But the police have been ridiculously heavy handed if that's the case.... and it will go to the IPCC, and the Elsey's will do sad face photos for the Daily Mail, and the dad will be on This Morning, and whoever authorised the arrests will be forced to quit, and Nathan will find stardom in the Big Brother house. Probably.

Does anyone have in the back of their mind that things happened as RD said and the poor girl just kept running from it all and had a meltdown- found herself in the field and stripped as per previous behaviour and for whatever reason the clothes were missed. And ran somewhere in the wilderness and collapsed in exhaustion or had a seizure and had no phone for help? And the police were just being cautious because I doubt in that part of the world they would have much experience with brutal murders?

*raises hand* It keeps coming right to the front of my mind. It's the simplest explanation.

The only doubt comes from the clothes not being found in the initial search. However we don't know how thoroughly that area was previously searched. If indeed that specific field was ever searched.

Mmm.. don't the police more often than not, release suspects back to their own environment which has been searched and sometimes bugged.? To see if they trip themselves up by blabbing and discussing things to each other.

Yes. But the police have been ridiculously heavy handed if that's the case.... and it will go to the IPCC, and the Elsey's will do sad face photos for the Daily Mail, and the dad will be on This Morning, and whoever authorised the arrests will be forced to quit, and Nathan will find stardom in the Big Brother house. Probably.

AND Mesolithicguy

But it is a freaking possibility right??? And all the time I am looking at motive for harming her- it just dawned on me that what I am looking for might be the last thing that caused her to snap. Doesn't explain everything but it is the simplest possibility and sometimes- well simple is what happens. I honestly do not see her hiding this long in the state she was in with the medical conditions she had and not even telling her family. :/

I agree with you...we have to remember that she was running to RDs house...not away from...running to it...for help presumably because she felt safe there....i think she was simply desperate to get out of her appointment, maybe she was paranoid they would section her or something....i think she did leave RDs house just as she said, for DE to have the Gaul and bravery to go to neighbours and apologise for the noise after a murder has been committed is a bit far fetched to me...and for someone to transport the body into a friends car or PEs car is pushing it....police have searched the house, pipes and car....yet no charges

Has it been established at what time they informed GP's family that she'd been there? Or when police were made aware? I feel like way too many things had to be done in a short space of time for her to have been removed from the house. Multiple family members getting on the same page with a story, clean-up, plan for cover-up. Especially seeing as GP turned up seemingly unannounced.

*raises hand* It keeps coming right to the front of my mind. It's the simplest explanation.

The only doubt comes from the clothes not being found in the initial search. However we don't know how thoroughly that area was previously searched. If indeed that specific field was ever searched.

I wonder if it is possible to get satellite pictures of the field, day by day, to see when those items appeared. They know exactly where they were lying, so could zoom in right there?

I wonder if it is possible to get satellite pictures of the field, day by day, to see when those items appeared. They know exactly where they were lying, so could zoom in right there?

I wondered if anyone took drone footage in that first week. Drones are an ideal way of searching terrain like that so I'd be amazed if nobody did it.

Hi all :). UK newbie here, just joined.

RE Gaia being in hiding or committing suicide - IMO the police wouldn't be talking about murder without having very good reason and evidence, obviously murder is such a serious, distressing and lifechanging event for Gaia's family to be faced with, the police wouldn't be going down that road unless they had a very good idea she has been murdered. IMO it's a combination of cadaver dog indicator plus other evidence in RD's house.:

I don't think that is necessarily the case. They probably wanted to interview them under caution so arrest was needed. The reasoning behind this could be as little as an altercation being heard with Gaia on the day she disappeared. If they had evidence Gaia had died in that house but didn't know who had killed her it's most likely that all three would still be in for perverting the course of justice minimum/assisting an offender not simply released. And released before deadline too. And they most certainly not have lifted the house's status as a crime scene and handed back the keys. Given that combination of factors it seems almost impossible to come to any conclusion other than that they have found zero evidence Gaia died there.

It seems rather an obvious coincidence that Gaia had been talking about reporting a pedophile or that other creep in the club pestering girls, and then suddenly comes to harm. But of course it could just be a coincidence.

She was clearly in a paranoid state believing her phone was being tapped and appeared to be making multiple pretty nonsensical allegations against various people which seem on the face of it to have had much more to do with paranoia than reality.

Regarding RD it cannot, for me, just be a coincidence that an argument was heard at RD's house and that's the last known place GP was seen. And now GP's missing and likely come to harm.

It's been pretty well documented that her mental state was poor. In that state people do cause altercations. And they are also a risk to themselves. So not coincidence, but someone in a poor mental state being involved in an altercation does not necessarily mean the others involved want to kill them.

Added to that, as others have said, RD's use of 'she responded to me' is off. Her interview feels like a mix of fairytale storytelling mixed with elements of truth leaking out, and indicators of recent trauma. RD begins the interview looking all smily and mellow, which to me is a bit weird considering the seriousness of the situation and that she's being interviewed for TV

She's an old lady who is not media trained, not used to being in that situation and nervous. She's also seriously ill and on quite a few drugs.

This news about Gaia's clothes turning up after the area had been searched previously (if that's what happened) is very concerning and points to murder. So sad and such a shame, she seemed a cool girl and obviously very loved. :(

I don't think it does point to murder. Even the most basically forensically aware person would know dumping her clothing in plain view in the centre of the search area would carry risks of being seen and then risks of forensics tracking it back to them via forensics etc. If someone had killed her they could have quite easily discreetly bagged the clothes up and put them in public bins miles away were it's very unlikely they would be noticed.

I think everyone's massively overcomplicating things.

Rahhhhh this is driving me nuts!

If she was murdered at the house, it's unlikely that they came up with a super elaborate plan to get rid of the body, and plant clothes, unless it was pre-meditated. What's the motive? If it was an accidental death, why not just say that rather than go through all this and get in far more trouble. Terrible accidents like that do happen.

I think that like a previous poster said, the wind may have scattered the clothes. The question is, from where? Is it possible they dumped her body in the river and discarded the clothes nearby, but not very well (in a bin perhaps) and they wind blew it over which is how they got scattered and weren't seen before?

Is it possible they missed the clothes the first time around? Remember, police searched the attic where Tia Sharpe's body was, and missed it. I think suicide or misadventure is actually quite likely.

I'm sure that the police wouldn't have arrested those people without evidence, and they wouldn't be searching the sea without a good reason either. Unfortunately, I really don't think she's hiding out anywhere. I really think she's in the water - just my gut instinct.

I agree with you on most of this, and I am also thinking of permutations that might explain it, but can't figure it out.

Those shoes wouldn't have blown out of a bin or over a wall or anything, even if the lighter items of clothing could.

From the images, the clothing and shoes looked in reasonable condition, they don't look like they've been chewed up by a domestic dog, for instance. I don't suppose a wild animal would sit and chew clothes/shoes in the same way, and even if they dragged one item of clothing, I don't think they would drag all the items like that.

So, I'm going to vote that we rule out the wind or a wild animal.

Thanks, changed.

Re why she was going to RD's house. If she was running away from her family in the car because she was scared of the doctor (v common in paranoia) then it's possible she had no intent at all to go there, but simply recognised the house when running so stopped to ask for help.

Thanks, changed.

Re why she was going to RD's house. If she was running away from her family in the car because she was scared of the doctor (v common in paranoia) then it's possible she had no intent at all to go there, but simply recognised the house when running so stopped to ask for help.

But if you look at the route she must have taken to get there, it seems that she went to Manor Gardens intentionally. If, say, she decided to run to the cliffs she'd have gone along High Street or more likely Priests Road and not got caught on camera running down (north to south) Morrison Road.

But if you look at the route she must have taken to get there, it seems that she went to Manor Gardens intentionally. If, say, she decided to run to the cliffs she'd have gone along High Street or more likely Priests Road and not got caught on camera running down (north to south) Morrison Road.

So apparently - High street has an almighty hill to go up- locals have said that the route she took would be the obvious one to go see NE- think that Alyce provided the map as until then I was so confused. We don't know if she even saw NE and possibly presumed he would be in RD's flat. Her mania escalated and she ran the other way when she left. She was agitated and they had an altercation possibly about putting her clothes on and calming down- when I would have severe anxiety anyone who told me calm down needed to be got away from. Am I wrong but if she left RD's house and headed the direction of the family home- is it that direction???

Mmm.. don't the police more often than not, release suspects back to their own environment which has been searched and sometimes bugged.? To see if they trip themselves up by blabbing and discussing things to each other.

Is bugging legal? Allowed as evidence?

The key measurement, should you need to defend yourself against accusations of illegal or unethical use of spy equipment, is that the subject had a reasonable expectation of privacy. In short, that’s why it’s legal for you to bug your own office but not the bathroom. There are exceptions to this. For example, it’s legal for the police to bug your house. You may have a reasonable expectation of privacy in your own home but if you’re suspected of criminal activity, the pursuit of justice and protection of the public takes precedence. The concept of consent is very important too. While most people may take issue with having their likeness or voice recorded and stored, they regularly imply consent to this without really considering the implications. For example, the words “calls are recorded for training and quality purposes” are effectively soliciting implied consent. If you stay on the line, you accept these conditions.

https://www.onlinespyshop.co.uk/uk-surveillance-law-the-essential-guide/

As they are all with legal representation I am sure they will have been warned of this happening and advised to behave with caution should they have anything they do not wish to be brought as evidence against them at a future date.

We don't know that Gaia was running to Rosemary or Paul 'for help' - Rosemary said Gaia was banging on the door - “There was a sort of, ‘Help me,’ bang, pounding"

The 'help me' is Rosemary's interpretation of Gaias banging on the door not a statement of fact that Gaia said the words "help me" ...

As for having Gaul and bravery to speak to neighbours - she sent Debbie to see neighbours - Debbie seems to be the only Elsey directly involved but NOT under suspicion - and it could be that if Rosemary was worried about exactly 'what' neighbours might have heard - how better to find out than by sending Debbie to 'apologise' ... If that makes sense?

Regarding the clothes - I find it VERY hard to believe that the police and professional search team who are highly skilled at searching, could have missed ALL those clothes including bright white trainers! and I don't believe a wild animal wouldve been that interested in dragging out out if hiding 6? Items of clothing and there's no way wind is doing that either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member