Found Deceased UK - Gaynor Lord was last seen in Norwich city centre on London Street heading towards Norwich Cathedral, 2:35 pm, 8 December 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She has her phone in her hand and checks it. Aren't her actions throughout all of the cctv clips physically and with her phone more in keeping with someone interacting continually with another? A constant awareness of time and or messages are evident, while moving with purpose to two very specifically quiet locations.

Peter Faulding, who claims he found Nicola Bulley's body 'after just six minutes' of looking only to be told by police it was 'nothing', has offered to help in another missing persons case.
He tweeted: 'We would happily assist the family free of charge. They currently have search teams on scene but the more expertise the better. Let’s hope Gaynor is alive somewhere.'

I am surprised that he dare show his face.

Peter Faulding: " Shes not in the river. If she was then we'd have found her."

Also Peter Faulding: "We found her body in 6 minutes."

The difference is the removal of much of her clothing first, I guess. Nicola was fully clothed on a steep muddy bank, so a slipping accident could have been possible. This lady had had her rings removed or removed them herself. It's a very strange one.
I missed this information. Yes, that makes a huge difference.

<modsnip - off limits>

I'm not overly familiar with the area, or where her belongings had been discovered, but hearing that they were somewhat 'concealed', is it possible that she was taken to this concealed area by her captors, forced to strip for the humiliation video and then bundled into the back of a vehicle before being taken to a different location to be ultimately held for ransom?

The yoga pose could be literally anything, or nothing. Somebody on their knees, doubled over and sobbing into their hands could very easily be misconstrued as a 'Yoga pose' from a distance. As could somebody sitting cross legged trying to still their thoughts and clear their mind before carrying out a task they harbour a lot of anxiety about.

Perhaps a little fanciful, just MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - off limits>
I'm not overly familiar with the area, or where her belongings had been discovered, but hearing that they were somewhat 'concealed', is it possible that she was taken to this concealed area by her captors, forced to strip for the humiliation video and then bundled into the back of a vehicle before being taken to a different location to be ultimately held for ransom?

The yoga pose could be literally anything, or nothing. Somebody on their knees, doubled over and sobbing into their hands could very easily be misconstrued as a 'Yoga pose' from a distance. As could somebody sitting cross legged trying to still their thoughts and clear their mind before carrying out a task they harbour a lot of anxiety about.

Perhaps a little fanciful, just MOO.
No, all good observations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really hope Gaynor is well and it’s just financial, and she’s just done a Marion Crane (without the Motel business) if so a heads up to your love ones would be good

Gaynors friend Julie Butcher has now spoken out.

Gaynor called her at 2:15pm but Julie had to end the call as a client was trying to get through.

I feel sorry for her friend I presume she feels awful now.
I hope you don't mind if I quote the exact words from the article, for the thread

Posted at 16:0716:07

Friend 'feels terrible' over call from Gaynor Lord​

cee4acbb-2d36-4ab5-9fea-39a33bdb4ff5.jpg

Debbie Tubby
BBC Look East
Julie Butcher
Shaun Whitmore/BBCCopyright: Shaun Whitmore/BBC
Julie Butcher said she received two calls from Gaynor Lord on Friday afternoon.

A friend of Gaynor Lord's, Julie Butcher, says she got two calls from her on Friday afternoon.
At 14:15 GMT Ms Lord called and asked where Ms Butcher was.
Ms Butcher said: "I said 'I'm at home' and I explained I was sorting out the internet and my phone rang and it was one of my clients and I had to speak to them. I said I would call her back and she said 'yes'".
She said she called Ms Lord back seven or eight minutes later but could not get through. So she tried again and left a voicemail before also sending a WhatsApp message, saying she was now free to talk.
"I think she was still at work when she called me, I don't know. But maybe that's why she couldn't answer," she said.
She received another call at 16:15 but said it "sounded like a pocket call; I could hear movement in her pocket".
Ms Butcher said she has replayed the conversation over and over again.
She said: "I keep going over the conversation. If I hadn't answered that call [from her client] would she have talked to me? I feel terrible. I feel so sorry for the family.
"It's not like Gaynor to do this."

Posted at 16:1516:15

Gaynor Lord 'seemed fine' days before going missing​

Debbie Tubby
BBC Look East
Julie Butcher said she last saw Gaynor Lord in Jarrolds department store, where Ms Lord was working, on Tuesday, three days before her disappearance.
Ms Butcher was doing some Christmas shopping and said, although busy, her friend seemed "fine".
She said: "We were talking. She was a bit busy but we were talking about Christmas and she seemed fine, no different to the usual Gaynor. She was quite upbeat and happy.
"The last thing she said to me in Jarrolds was 'I'll call you in the spring and play tennis.'
She described Ms Lord as "lovely, upbeat and very positive" and "very family orientated".
Ms Butcher said she spoke to police on Saturday.

I hope you don't mind if I quote the exact words from the article, for the thread

Debbie Tubby
BBC Look East
View attachment 467938
Julie Butcher said she received two calls from Gaynor Lord on Friday afternoonImage caption: Julie Butcher said she received two calls from Gaynor Lord on Friday afternoon
A friend of Gaynor Lord's, Julie Butcher, says she got two calls from her on Friday afternoon.
Ms Butcher said: "I said 'I'm at home' and I explained I was sorting out the internet and my phone rang and it was one of my clients and I had to speak to them. I said I would call her back and she said 'yes'".
She said she called Ms Lord back seven or eight minutes later but could not get through. So she tried again and left a voicemail before also sending a WhatsApp message, saying she was now free to talk.
"I think she was still at work when she called me, I don't know. But maybe that's why she couldn't answer," she said.
She received another call at 16:15 but said it "sounded like a pocket call; I could hear movement in her pocket".
She said: "I keep going over the conversation. If I hadn't answered that call [from her client] would she have talked to me? I feel terrible. I feel so sorry for the family.

Debbie Tubby
BBC Look East
Julie Butcher said she last saw Gaynor Lord in Jarrolds department store, where Ms Lord was working, on Tuesday, three days before her disappearance.
Ms Butcher was doing some Christmas shopping and said, although busy, her friend seemed "fine".
She said: "We were talking. She was a bit busy but we were talking about Christmas and she seemed fine, no different to the usual Gaynor. She was quite upbeat and happy.
"The last thing she said to me in Jarrolds was 'I'll call you in the spring and play tennis.'
She described Ms Lord as "lovely, upbeat and very positive" and "very family orientated".
Of course I don’t mind

The fact that her clothes and jewellery etc were found in various places is what makes me feel this is sinister. If you were hell-bent on drowning yourself would you not go in fully-clothed, like Woolf did in 1941 where she actually put on a heavy coat on in order to sink (sadly that didn't work)? Would you stop for a spot of yoga first? It all seems - odd. Just really odd. IMO.

The fact that her clothes and jewellery etc were found in various places is what makes me feel this is sinister. If you were hell-bent on drowning yourself would you not go in fully-clothed, like Woolf did in 1941 where she actually put on a heavy coat on in order to sink (sadly that didn't work)? Would you stop for a spot of yoga first? It all seems - odd. Just really odd. IMO.
Excactly and Woolf fully clothed still had to weight herself down which she’d learnt from her other failed attempts RIP to a great writer

Debbie Tubby
BBC Look East
View attachment 467938
Julie Butcher said she received two calls from Gaynor Lord on Friday afternoon.

Debbie Tubby
BBC Look East
bbm
Who says something like that to his FRIEND, if all things are as usual and ok? In SPRING she would have called, when it was only December? Bid red flag for GL's mental wellbeing, IMO. - Poor friend now. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biph
Back