Found Deceased UK - Gaynor Lord was last seen in Norwich city centre on London Street heading towards Norwich Cathedral, 2:35 pm, 8 December 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think there's almost 20 minutes unaccounted for in the timeline.

At 3.23pm she is leaving the cathedral grounds and at 3.49pm (26 minutes later) she is near the Playhouse on St George's Street. This is only a 7 or 8 minute walk at an average pace, and using any of the three most logical routes between points, according to Google maps, leaving about 18 or 19 minutes spare. Norwich Cathedral to The Playhouse Bar

timeline in article -

I wonder if she stopped on the bridge and looked at the river before crossing it.

This is very strange isn’t it. Really feel for her and her family. I can’t seem to join up any dots. As many have said the cathedral area visit is important. I know there’s CCTV inside the cafe and assume there is elsewhere so the police may be able to find out if she went in and if so in certain areas (e.g meet someone, pick something up, use the facilities etc). She does appear to be leaving from the east and moving west, so if she went in she must have gone inside via the cafe or the east door. The west door has cctv outside the adjacent school so they’d see her going in.

I know people have mentioned Gaia Pope and her sad death. Reading up, Gaia had a history of mental illness but she also had epilepsy which is believed to have caused her psychosis. It does make me wonder if there are any health matter that may have been at play. Either way it’s a sad case.
All IMO.

I think there's almost 20 minutes unaccounted for in the timeline.

At 3.23pm she is leaving the cathedral grounds and at 3.49pm (26 minutes later) she is near the Playhouse on St George's Street. This is only a 7 or 8 minute walk at an average pace, and using any of the three most logical routes between points, according to Google maps, leaving about 18 or 19 minutes spare. Norwich Cathedral to The Playhouse Bar

timeline in article -

I wonder if she stopped and looked at the river before crossing it.
I think we might discover there's more like 4hrs unaccounted for - we know she was last seen on CCTV at 4pm. Her belongings were found around 8pm. The only thing placing her in the park is the witness, who I know myself and others are questioning, plus the media using terms like 'allegedly saw' 'claims to have seen'. Her belongings were in the park but how long was she in the park for, we don't actually know

As regards speculations about the rings and GL's marriage, let me quote yesterday's DM:

Gaynor's husband Clive Lord, 63, is said to be 'in bits', her sister-in-law Susan Sinclair told The Sun, with them all hoping she will be found 'safe and well'.
'Clive is in bits, obviously, but he's got his two daughters there supporting him, she said.

To me this looks like it was some sort of mental health incident, such as psychosis, rather than foul play. I wonder is there any evidence of unusual behaviour from cctv where she worked that day - Such as not doing processes on the till correctly, or being odd around customers. Sadly as I always say, when someone vanishes near a body of water, chances are they're in the water.

So as in the N Bulley case, you have the same set of questions re whether she could have fallen in, or deliberately went in, or ran away, or met with foul play.
With NB it looked from the beginning that it wa the river, via an accident.

This one appears to be the river, but maybe a bit more complex than slipping in as NB did.

Whatever's happened, it's an awful time for Gaynor's family, the waiting, uncertainty, and fear :(

To me this looks like it was some sort of mental health incident, such as psychosis, rather than foul play. I wonder is there any evidence of unusual behaviour from cctv where she worked that day - Such as not doing processes on the till correctly, or being odd around customers. Sadly as I always say, when someone vanishes near a body of water, chances are they're in the water.
Just a thought, I wonder if there's a loose link with NB, in that they are both women of menopausal age and could be taking HRT with potential side effects?

I think we might discover there's more like 4hrs unaccounted for - we know she was last seen on CCTV at 4pm. Her belongings were found around 8pm. The only thing placing her in the park is the witness, who I know myself and others are questioning, plus the media using terms like 'allegedly saw' 'claims to have seen'. Her belongings were in the park but how long was she in the park for, we don't actually know
Police should be able to use GL's phone to work out her approximate position through the afternoon and what time the phone arrived at the park.

Just a thought, I wonder if there's a loose link with NB, in that they are both women of menopausal age and could be taking HRT with potential side effects?
I was wondering if GL might have been having a hot flush and removed her coat and yellow top for that reason? But I don't think that was the reason due to the apparent removal of the shirt as well.

Unless G just wanted to splash some water over her and did slip into the water accidentally.

I was wondering if GL might have been having a hot flush and removed her coat and yellow top for that reason? But I don't think that was the reason due to the apparent removal of the shirt as well.

Unless G just wanted to splash some water over her and did slip into the water accidentally.
Could be on to something, put her coat back on to spare her modesty and slipped in

There hasn't been any mention of CCTV footage showing her at work, in the hours prior to leaving early.
Maybe there is something on there to indicate that something happened, or shows her acting irrationally? The photo of her just before leaving is very odd. She is smiling and looking directly at the camera.
I don't believe that Gaynor is looking at the camera, if you look very closely at the picture there is someone in the bottom left corner. I think that she is merely smiling at them as she leaves the building.

By leaving her rings, is Gaynor symbolically ending her relationship with her husband?

ETA - in catching up with the thread, I see that @Loulou38 may be thinking along the same lines.
When I had to leave the family home for my own safety after my ex husband asked for a divorce I was desperate to get rings off. I was a size 10 25 years ago when I got engaged. Size 14 now. Engagement ring would not shift so I got it cut off - so desperate was I to sever the connection.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220
Back