UK- Girl, 11, and woman, 34, stabbed in London's Leicester Square, August 2024, "Suspect arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
''An 11-year-old girl and a 34-year-old woman have been stabbed in London's Leicester Square.

They were treated at the scene before being taken to a hospital's major trauma centre following the attack this morning.

The Metropolitan Police said a man has been arrested and is in custody''.

1723467626824.png
''A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: 'We were called at 11.36am on Monday August 12 to reports of a stabbing at Leicester Square.

'We sent resources to the scene, including an ambulance crew, an advanced paramedic and an incident response officer. We also dispatched members of our tactical response unit.

'We treated a child and an adult at the scene and took them to a major trauma centre.'

This is a breaking news story. More to follow. ''

Now leading story in The Mail.

I would be very surprised if this was committed by a right wing .

A security guard said he 'jumped on' and took a knife from the man who stabbed the child.

The guard, who gave his name as Abdullah, 29, said he had worked in security at the TWG Tea shop for the past 'seven to eight months'.
He said: 'I heard a scream, at that moment I saw there was one person, roughly (in their) mid-30s or early 30s, and he was like stabbing a kid.

'I jumped on him, held the hand in which he was (carrying) a knife, and just put him down on the floor and just held him and took the knife away from him.

'Then a couple of more people joined as well, and we just held him until the police came, it took maybe three to four minutes for the police to arrive and then they just took him into custody.'

He and his colleagues gave first aid to the child before the police joined in, he said.

'I just saw a kid getting stabbed and I just tried to save her. It's my duty to just save them.'

1723471076129.png
Police officers at the scene in Leicester Square, London, as a man has been arrested after an 11-year-old girl and 34-year-old woman were stabbed (James Manning/PA Wire)
''The Metropolitan Police said the two victims had been taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries. A man is in custody and is thought to be the only suspect but the force ruled out the incident is terror-related.
A police cordon has been put in place surrounding the double doors of the TWG Tea shop beside the LEGO store and in front of the M&M store, and families and tourists are still standing in queues for each. At least six police officers are at the scene.''

More VAWG, it’s feeling very unsafe to be female these days

I wonder if it was a one of ‘mental health’ episode, an attack with a political motivation or if the offender was known to the victims?

I wish them both a speedy recovery.
The police usually mention it if the offender is known to the victims as it cuts down speculation.

'Abdullah, 29, who works at TWG tea in Leicester Square, said he intervened to stop the attacker who had blood on his face and chest.
"I heard a scream and I just went outside and saw one guy had a knife," he explained.
"The moment I saw it I just jumped on that guy and grabbed his hand... and put him down on the floor and kicked the knife away from him."
Abdullah, a young man with dark hair, a black backpack and and a white shirt

Abdullah, 29, who works at TWG tea by the scene, said he intervened to stop the attacker

A witness, who performs as Darth Vader, said he saw a young, white, skinny male dressed in a black T-shirt and jeans putting the girl in a headlock and stabbing her.

The man, who gave his name as Desmond, 45, said: "It was so terrible, I've never seen a thing like that. I was heartbroken, I saw the woman was screaming with all her strength."

More VAWG, it’s feeling very unsafe to be female these days

I wonder if it was a one of ‘mental health’ episode, an attack with a political motivation or if the offender was known to the victims?

I wish them both a speedy recovery.
I'd have to guess it was a random attack since it took place in such a busy public location. A targeted attack would more likely take place near the victim's home or place of work/education?

MOO

Yet another shocking case. Leicester Square will have probably been full of kids and families due to the school holidays. Very happy to read that neither victim are currently in a life threatening condition, although I’m sure the incident will have long lasting negative mental effects on them if not physical.

Might be a bit of a stretch but my thoughts are the attacker may have been a tourist/visitor to London. This Daily Mail article shows a newish looking baseball cap on the floor at the scene from the brand 'Robin Ruth' which appears to be brand mainly sold in souvenir shops in the UK. It would be quite rare for a Londoner to wear such a cap, imo. Of course it might not belong to the attacker.

1723473928716.png

I do not understand why this has not been the leading news story in the media.
Its not in line with the narrative that "all is well" imo! Mayor of London last week said that he himself (with a full complement of personal security btw) doesn't feel safe in metro london.

But, what is simply so awful is that the crime stats on violence against women in UK have been skyrocketing (here is link to Guardian article on the topic for some stats and history: Violence against women a ‘national emergency’ in England and Wales, police say,

We have seen Queen Camilla out consistently on the issues of DV and violence towards women YET we haven't seen King Charles or Queen Camilla condemning these attacks that happen in broad daylight. Further, the Kings comments of a few days ago on the civil unrest did zero imo to address people's safety fears or the issue of preferential treatment for migrants in terms of social services etc. All this plays out against an economic current situation where many in the UK simply cannot afford to feed and house their family EVEN though they are gainfully employed. The UK situation imo should be a clarion call for the rest of the West as native hardworking middle class people are being forgotten amidst massive illegal immigration for which there is no plan and certainly not the economic resources.

King Charles imo could be the first King in 1000s of years to reign over a population in civil war if the situation isn't addressed. Sad state of affairs in UK but the USA is next if things don't change imo.

MOO

'Abdullah, 29, who works at TWG tea in Leicester Square, said he intervened to stop the attacker who had blood on his face and chest.
"I heard a scream and I just went outside and saw one guy had a knife," he explained.
"The moment I saw it I just jumped on that guy and grabbed his hand... and put him down on the floor and kicked the knife away from him."

Abdullah, 29, who works at TWG tea by the scene, said he intervened to stop the attacker
Thank you, Abdullah. Brave man who stepped in when needed.

jmo

Good man.

I wonder if the attacker was known to the woman and child?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking
Back