UK - Gracie Spinks, 23, possible murder suicide, Duckmanton, Derbyshire, 18 June 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Never mind "misconduct", wilfully ignoring a cache of weapons which could be traced and anyone in possession of two brain cells could see was intended for something sinister, should result in those responsible standing in court on "assisting an offender" charges :mad:

A man who killed a former colleague he was "obsessed" with had previously behaved inappropriately towards at least eight other female colleagues, an inquest has heard.
Det Con Denise Sandall, who investigated Miss Spinks's murder, said she had identified seven other Xbite employees who received unwanted attention from Sellers, and one woman who worked with him at a previous workplace.
Some of the women had left their jobs because of Sellers, Det Con Sandall said, while Sellers had continued working for Xbite.

Lee Bingham, who was operations manager at Xbite and investigated her complaint, told the inquest that Sellers "did not believe he had done anything wrong", despite watching Miss Spinks on CCTV and asking colleagues to spy on her.
"I pointed out that she had said she wanted to be left alone a number of times and he did not believe he had done anything wrong," said Mr Bingham, giving evidence at Chesterfield Coroner's Court.
"He did not recognise that he was doing anything wrong and as I investigated this, there were so many red flags; Gracie saying no, being asked to be left alone, him waiting in a lay-by, just so many red flags.
"There were just red flags all over the place."

In the call, made on 4 February 2021, Miss Spinks said she did not want Sellers to be arrested, but she wanted a record to be made of his behaviour.
"I don't want him to be arrested or anything, but I just want something to be on file and to report this because my work have said that things have happened like this in the past and that this is the worst one that's happened," she said.
"They've said every time this has happened at work it's got worse and worse, and I'm just worried that the next time it happens to someone else it could be worse than just following me, and not leaving me alone, he might kidnap someone."

Det Con Denise Sandall, who investigated the murder, told jurors the bag contained a Marks & Spencer receipt belonging to Sellers' father, who he lived with.
Narita Bahra KC, the barrister representing Ms Spinks's family, asked her about this receipt.
"It's dated 29 April 2021 and timed at 16:16 hours," said Ms Bahra.
"You know that as officers, if you want to, you can go back to a location and ask a store for their CCTV of who was using the tills at that time?" she asked.
"Yes, CCTV generally lasts 28 or 30 days so we would have been in time for CCTV before it got overwritten," said Det Con Sandall.
"So if somebody went on 6 May, they could have potentially got it?" asked Ms Bahra.
"Potentially, yes," said Det Con Sandall.
Ms Bahra asked Det Con Sandall about the debit card details on the receipt.
Det Con Sandall said it only showed the last four numbers of the card and the authorisation code.
She said these details could have been used to identify the card holder, but this would have needed authorisation from a judge - either by going to court or sending forms via email.

After Ms White took the bag home and called the police, PC Lee-Liggett attended her address with PC Ashley Downing at about 19:00 BST that day.
PC Lee-Liggett, who has been with the force for six years, told the inquest she thought the contents of the bag were "bizarre" but she was not "seriously concerned" they could be linked to a crime.
She said she did not make any notes or save body-worn camera footage from the visit, and did not consider visiting the farm track, where the bag was found, which was five minutes away.
"When I unpacked the bag back at the station, my mind went to woodwork, theatrics, props, not murderous intent," she said.

On Monday, her inquest at Chesterfield Coroner's Court heard a series of statements from the family.
Her mother, Alison Ward, said Miss Spinks's room remained untouched, with dirty clothes on the floor.

Several members of the jury and family members wept as multiple tributes were read out that described Ms Spinks as a "role model" and "free spirit".
Holding back tears, Ms Ward said: "Gracie was the life and soul and energy of our house. She would always be singing, playing music and having fun with us all.
"Now we have silence in our house and the heart of our family has been ripped out.
"The death of our beautiful daughter left the whole family and myself devastated. Nothing will ever be the same.
"I cannot put into words how much this has impacted my family and every aspect of my life."

Mr Kewley, assistant coroner for Derby and Derbyshire, said: "While yes, it is a matter for you, in effect, I am telling you the conclusion you should reach.
"It is a conclusion that is used when you are satisfied on the balance of probabilities that in this case Gracie died as a result of the criminal offence of murder.
"The evidence overwhelmingly suggests that Gracie was killed by Michael Sellers.
"There can be no real argument about that in my view.
"You can take it from me that there is no suggestion that Michael Sellers was acting in any sort of self-defence.
"He was the aggressor and that is why I say to you that Gracie was unlawfully killed."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back