GUILTY UK - Hashim Ijazuddin, 21, and Saqib Hussain, 20, car crash A46 Leicester 11 Feb 2022 *Murder Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Rekan Karwan 'thought it was about money owed'​

"I gave [fellow defendant] Rekan [Karwan] Saqib's mobile number," said Mahek. Mr Karwan, 28, spoke to Saqib on the phone following a text message exchange.
Mahek added: "I told Rekan I was being hounded for money. I did not tell him about the true problem with mum. I was embarrassed so I made it my person problem. I didn't want to say 'oh, just to let you know, I have a problem with my mum'."

Saqib reaction​

Speaking about Saqib's reaction to the phone call with Mr Karwan, Mahek said: "All he was saying was I want to sort it with my mum."

'Give me the money or not. I call the shots'​

Mahek said: "Karwan was not succesful in his conversations, no. Saqib messaged saying 'give me the money or not. I call the shots'." Saqib later said he would come from Banbury to their home and wanted the money, the court was told.

Mahek told the court: "We wanted to go there and travel to Loughborough in the messages but I didn't want to go. I thought Loughborough was in Leicester, sorry. We were organising about the money. I was worried about the money. I told Rekan I was going to Leicester. The money was not going to be handed over. The message shows it was a done deal from myself. Later on in the evening. It was £2,000 he wanted. £500 is just a small part of it."

'Come to my house and cause violence'​

Mahek said: "Saqib spoke to my mum on the phone about one of the messages sent. He thought we were setting him up. He messaged saying 'you are going to see what happens May [Mahek]'. I thought he was going to come to my house and cause violence."

Tesco mix-up​

Messages were exchanged between Mahek, who was driving her Audi, and Saqib. She says he did not know the location of the meeting in Leicester, but it was decided once they arrived inside Leicester to meet at Tesco.
Mahek said: "We messaged him to say we were at Tesco at the time, but he went to wrong one initially. I wouldn't know why he went there. When we left Stoke, we didn't have an idea where we would be going."

Mahek drove over 100mph in Audi​

TikTok star Mahek Bukhari was driving at hurtling speeds to Leicester from her home in Stoke. She had an "urgency" to get there before Saqib would come up to Stoke. She drove over 100mph in her Audi car to reach Leicester within an hour.
Mahek said: "I wanted to feel protected so Raees [Jamal] and Rekan [Karwan] came too. I was scared. I didn't want to feel like there was violence."
Mahek said she did not know the other man Mohammed Hashim Ijazuddin who died in the vehicle with Saqib.

'Did not know other passengers'​

Speaking about the other defendants, Mahek said: "I did not know the passengers in the vehicle. I did not know Mohammed [Patel], Ammeer [Jamal] and Sanaf [Gulammustafa]. They were strangers."

'No balaclavas seen'​

Mahek Bukhari says she was not aware of any balaclavas worn or weapons concealed by the passengers. The TikTok star replied to Mr Thompson: "I did not see any balaclavas, but Mohammed Patel had a neck scarf."

'Was he going to be attacked?'​

Mr Thompson: "What did you believe what was going to happen?"
Mahek said: "No, I don't know."
Mr Thompson: "Was he going to be attacked?"
Mahek said: "No."
Mr Thompson: "Were you going to harm or kill him?"
Mahek, who later turned her car around to Tesco car park, replied: "No."

Different vehicle​

Rekan [Karwan] was enquiring with Mahek where Saqib was following a couple of phone calls in the Tesco car park in Hamilton.
Mahek says she did not notice the Skoda Fabia car - containing Saqib and Mohammed Hashim Ijazuddin - arrive at Tesco car park. He was in a different car to the one Mahek was on the lookout for.
Mr Thompson replied to Mahek: "A call then goes through from Saqib's phone to Mahek's phone. He said he hadn't arrived. He said police had stopped him. How did this call come to an end?"
Mahek said: "I thought he had cut me off. We waited [in the car park]. Rekan called me saying he was in that Skoda. I did not realise the Seat had gone out after the Skoda."

Swapped drivers​

Rekan got in the driver's seat of Mahek's vehicle as the Audi went out following the SEAT following the Skoda. Mahek said: "He would drive quicker to catch up to the SEAT.
Adding: "I knew obviously I had a phone call from Saqib. I wanted to find out if he was in the Skoda."

It seems to me the daughter and mother are trying to isolate themselves from the other defendants. They had one of the hearings separately if I recall correctly and now they are both taking the stand and playing the innocent. In my opinion the daughter thinks she's some kind of celebrity with her minions around her to do her bidding and can act with impunity. Is it unusual that they both have decided to testify? Does this mean the others will?

Car positioning​

Mahek told the court: "I was behind the passenger side, behind my mum. Rekan was in the driver's seat."

Before the cars collided​

Speaking about the moments coming out of Tesco car park, Mahek said: "I made a call to Saqib on my mother's phone. My mum mentioned there was an unsaved number on her phone she did not recognise. It was constant calls from an unsaved number. I suspect the number was to do with Saqib. I got through."
She says the cars were getting "faster and faster". The Audi was driving at "high speeds" up to the Seat in pursuit of the Skoda.

Mahek 'swearing' at A46 crash victim​

Mahek says A46 crash victim Saqib was swearing at her on the phone during the exchange. "He was calling me a s***. I was swearing back. He [then] cut me off," Mahek said.

'I am going to expose you'​

Mr Thompson asked the TikTok star: "Did you say at any point 'watch what I do to you'. Was that said during the phone call?"
Mahek, who explained she thought Saqib was going to come to her home in Stoke, replied: "He didn't say that he said 'watch what I go to. I am going to expose you'."
The court has been told the three minute call was passed about between the occupants in the car. "I trusted Rekan [Karwan] to drive me. He has driven me around before," Mahek told the court.

It seems to me the daughter and mother are trying to isolate themselves from the other defendants. They had one of the hearings separately if I recall correctly and now they are both taking the stand and playing the innocent. In my opinion the daughter thinks she's some kind of celebrity with her minions around her to do her bidding and can act with impunity. Is it unusual that they both have decided to testify? Does this mean the others will?
I did think that the daughter and mother would testify due to the amount of CCTV that conflicted with their original interviews. Im thinking that the rest of the defendants will stick to Maheks story in that they were all just there to protect her against any violence.

Of course chasing Saqib and his friend flys in the face of that story. I do wonder if anyone will say there was intension to rob and beat Saqib and that they are sorry in ended in death. I will not hold my breath. IMO

'Send it, send it'​

Mr Thompson asked Mahek: "Can you shed any light to what a 'send it, send it, send it man' means?"
Mahek replied: "Like, faster, faster, faster. I noticed the car I was in [the Audi] was going faster and faster. I was sat in the rear, my mother was infront of you."
Mr Thompson said: "What was your view?"
Mahek replied: "I didn't have much visibility but I could see [in general]."
Mr Thompson said: "This was a pursuit wasn't it?"
Mahek said: "No, I wouldn't really call it a pursuit."
Mr Thompson said: "What manner was the vehicle being driven in?"
Mahek: "It was being driven really really fast. I told him to slow him down."
Mr Thompson said: "What about the Skoda vehicle?"
Mahek said: "It was driving fast, erratically, driving in and out of lanes." Adding: "I couldn't see the Seat from where I was sat."
Mr Thompson replied: "Was there any contact between the Skoda and the car [Audi] you were in?"
Mahek said: "No, there wasn't but we were jolted to the side."

Skoda and Seat collide?​

Mahek told the court: "The Audi was in lane one. In relation to the other vehicles, we were behind the Seat and Skoda. At [around a car's length] away." Mahek points to the jury to mark out the vehicles.
"I see braking, brake lights and there may have been contact. At one point, I told Rekan [Karwan] to not get my car damaged. Nothing at all was said about 'ramming'."
Mr Thompson said: "Did you intend for Saqib and his friend to be killed?"
Mahek: "No absolutely not."
Mr Thompson: "How did you think this was going to end?"
Mahek: "I just thought he would continue to drive away."

'I did not see the crash'​

Mahek: "I did not see the Skoda crash or go into the central reservation. I did not see it because I had turned away. I did not hear the sound of the incident."
The court heard the Audi continued to follow the "lead car" Seat along the A46 carriageway. The Seat came off the sliproad first.

Why did you stop?​

Mr Thompson asked why the TikTok star's car stopped.

Mahek Bukhari replied: "Rekan [Karwan] decided to swap drivers. Rekan wanted to stop to swap drivers. He got out the driver's side and I got into the driver's seat. We could not see the Seat when I got out. I then drove off."

'Vehicle on fire'​

Mahek said: "I then did catch up [with the Seat] and saw the scene. The vehicle was on fire. I realised that must be the Skoda car."
She added: "I was confused by the flames. I didn't want to think the worst about Saqib. I wanted to think he was ok. Is he fine? Is he fine? I froze, I didn't know what to do."
The court heard the two cars - Audi and Seat - then travelled together back to Leicester.

Travelled back to Leicester in silence​

Mahek says the occupants of the vehicles travelled back to Leicester in silence. They had parked up for an hour after the double fatal crash. CCTV picked up the TikTok star Mahek and her mum Ansreen towards the back of the group.

Why Nottingham?​

Mahek told the court she "just went with Nottingham" as she told police the story.
Mahek said: "When the police asked I just said 'yeah we've been to Nottingham'. Mum was shocked, she was shaking. I was conformting her. I don't really show my feelings on the outside. I just froze inside."
Mr Thompson said: "Had it been suggested to say to the police Nottingham? As to where you had been?"
Mahek replied: "No, not then. It was just near. I then decided to drive back to Stoke."

'Went home and went to sleep'​

Mahek continued: "My father and brother were asleep in the house in the early hours. I went to sleep. When I woke up I had missed calls."

'Say it was just me and mum in the car'​

Mahek said she was on the phone to co-accused 'Risky' Raees Jamal. "Risky said just say it was me and mum in the car and we said ok," Mahek told the court. "I said that because I didn't want anyone else involved. It was a private matter between me and mum. Secondly I was too embarrassed by my mum's affair."

'I told a lot of lies'​

Mr Thompson said: "Did you tell a lot of lies?"
Mahek replied: "Yes, I told a lot of lies. I was just so embarrassed with the whole situation. I didn't want to accept it. I didn't want to tell anyone. It would go straight to my dad and wreck the whole family."

Tesco car park attack?​

Mr Thompson continued: "Did you intend that Saqib would be attacked on Tesco car park?"
Mahek replied: "No."
Mr Thompson: "Did you intend to talk to him at Tesco car park?"
Mahek: "Yes."
Mr Thompson responded: "Did you ever say 'ram him' while travelling on the A46?"
Mahek said: "No."
Mr Thompson added: "Did you intend to take Saqib Hussain's life?"
Mahek responded: "No."

'State of shock and upset'​

Mahek says her mum was in a state of shock and was upset with the series of events as the cars "were chasing each other down the A46". The tiktok star said her mum Ansreen was "not crying" but was upset as the alleged "pursuit" unfolded.

Brief court adjournment​

The court will be back at 3pm following a very short break in proceedings.

Mahek 'wanted male company'​

Mahek said she was embarrassed by the "situation". Rekan [Karwan] and Raees [Jamal] was not aware of the real reason the TikTok star wanted to meet with Saqib Hussain, the court was told.
Mahek told the court: "I told him I was being blackmailed and the person [Saqib] was going to send indecent images and photos of me. At no stage I told him it was about my mum. I knew he would be violent. I wanted male company. I did not want to meet another male without another male there alone at night in a carpark."

'Help was nearby'​

Speaking about the "male help, Miss Mahek continued: "I knew then help - [with Mohammed Patel and Raees Jamal] - was nearby, if it was needed."

A46 events​

Rekan Karwan, who is represented by Mr Smith, is going back over events on the A46 with Mahek Bukhari.
"No one said anything in our car at that time," said Mahek Bukhari. The TikTok star said the backseat of her courtesy car Audi TT is not meant for three people and visibility from the back seat is very poor due to the vehicle's sport shape. It is only meant for two people the court was told.
"The car was in flames by the time I saw it," Mahek told the court. Mr Smith asked: "Did you panic at that point?"
She replied: "I just froze, I did not show my emotion. No one in the car was saying anything."
Seven hours later Miss Bukhari was arrested. Mr Smith asked: "Did you feel terrible over those seven hours?"
"Yes," she replied.

'I had to get that content'​

"Cars were preceding at the speed limit one would think and hope there would not be a crash. Common sense remark isn't it?" Asked Mr Smith.
Mahek: "Yeah, it is. But it was the Skoda speeding.
Defence barrister Mr Smith replied: "With a Seat Leon right up its backside?"
"I don't know how close," Mahek replied.
Mr Smith said the cars speeding was a "recipe for disaster". He added: "I suggest to you it was a chase, why else would the Seat be up with the Skoda?"
Mahek: "It was confusing to me. There was speed I can't deny that. I had to get that content in the phone, yes."

'Plan gone wrong'​

Asked if it was a 'plan gone wrong', Mahek said: "My heart was pure when I went to get there to meet him. No one instigated to ram him off the road. Of course not. The way the Skoda was driving wasn't normal. Speed was fast but I wouldn't say it went wrong."

'Not the weekend planned'​

Mahek had planned an event in London where she was staying in a hotel. She was due to go to Saqib's family home because she knew "he wouldn't misbehave there". "It was not the weekend we had planned," she added.

CCTV footage​

Video footage is being played to the court showing Mahek and her mum Ansreen walking in the hour following the crash. The vehicles at this point had parked up and the occupants of the vehicles were on foot.

Absolutely no words of regret or remorse that two young men tragically lost their lives due to her actions. According to her, Saqib was a stalker, blackmailer, and master manipulator and he brought his death upon himself. The completely innocent Hashim is not even mentioned.

But that's ok because her heart is pure.

'Scarf or balaclava'​

Going back over evidence heard earlier today, Mahek Bukhari said: "Mohammed Patel had a neck scarf on but I'm not sure it was a balaclava. Just a neck scarf."

'Atmosphere in Audi'​

Speaking about the car "atmosphere in the Audi", Mahek said: "My mum had negative energy. I did not notice anything else. There was no phone call between the Audi [I was driving] and the Seat. At this point I was not on the phone to anyone."

Court adjourned​

The case has been stood down for today. Mahek Bukhari will return to the witness box on Thursday morning. The trial is due to resume at 10am.

Absolutely no words of regret or remorse that two young men tragically lost their lives due to her actions. According to her, Saqib was a stalker, blackmailer, and master manipulator and he brought his death upon himself. The completely innocent Hashim is not even mentioned.

But that's ok because her heart is pure.
My sentiments exactly. When the court heard that Saqib was accused of harassment by a different girl, who he met a month earlier, I thought that was not that necessary on the whole scheme of things.

Its does make sense if you think that they are trying to get found not guilty by making themselfs look like they did the world a favour. I think a part of this is at play. IMO

My sentiments exactly. When the court heard that Saqib was accused of harassment by a different girl, who he met a month earlier, I thought that was not that necessary on the whole scheme of things.

Its does make sense if you think that they are trying to get found not guilty by making themselfs look like they did the world a favour. I think a part of this is at play. IMO

Yes, I agree. Make the victims out to be the bad guys. I wonder if the others will do the same or blame Mahek and her mother.

Yes, I agree. Make the victims out to be the bad guys. I wonder if the others will do the same or blame Mahek and her mother.
I think the guys wont blame Mahek and her mother for a couple of reasons. Street code is you dont snitch and they did not snitch in their interviews. At this stage to get up on the stand and start pointing fingers at Mahek and her mother would not change a lot. I think its to late now to gain any credibility.

Im also guessing the ones that do take the stand will generally just blame the drivers for the deaths.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1
Back