GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first thought on hearing he wouldn't be at court in front of Helen's mum was that he was being sadistic. The dr seems to allude to a physical problem, but he could just as easily be suffering a psychotic episode. It seems to have arisen on the back of the testimony by his sons...

We have a forum member in court who has said from Day 1 that he looked unwell (mentally). I too imagine he is beside himself with anxiety because he has been very quickly rumbled and shocked by the amount of evidence against him. Seeing his sons give evidence must have been really distressing, especially Jamie who apparently has never visited him in prison (says a lot to me). Apparently he was seen to cry at this point. However, I will agree that he is likely to use/play on his mental state as an excuse not to go to court because he has a chance of his case being stopped and him being admitted to hospital. From everyone who has been interviewed it has been gleaned that he is a very kind, lovely, guy. This has been said without exception from all witnesses who "knew" him. So I would rule out sadism. I think it is more self preservation.

I picked up something else in Jamie's evidence whilst reading it again today and this is what he said. This is taken from the Cambridge News.
“JamieStewart said he would normally expect to see Helen in the evenings, but on the week of April 11 he did not see her".

Maybe she was working but we know she was not writing another book. I am unsure what she might have been doing. Maybe she was drugged and was already in bed but it is interesting that all week Jamie had not seen her in the evenings. I wonder whether he saw her in the mornings that week. We didn't hear that. Maybe he leaves for work before she rises. It must have been quite unusual for him to comment on it.

IS is, AFAICS, guilty as hell but whether or not he can get the court to put him in hospital remains to be seen.

Alternatively he could have picked up a bug and will be back in court in the near future. It will soon become apparent.

They were all sadly mistaken, weren't they.

Yes, he has a very sick character but I don't think sadism was something that appeared to be present to most people or maybe he was clever enough to hide it! In a lifetime one would have thought that element may have been displayed.

Looks like back in tomorrow.

Updated
Helen Bailey case: Royston murder trial to continue tomorrow after two-day delay caused by defendant Ian Stewart’s illness

16:36 19 January 2017 JP Asher

The murder trial of Ian Stewart, accused of killing Royston author Helen Bailey, is set to continue tomorrow morning after a two-day delay caused by the defendant’s illness.

Mr Stewart is accused of smothering Ms Bailey and dumping her body in a cesspit beneath their home in Baldock Road.

The trial is scheduled to resume at St Albans Crown Court tomorrow at 10.30am.

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/news/..._by_defendant_ian_stewart_s_illness_1_4856152

Yes, he has a very sick character but I don't think sadism was something that appeared to be present to most people or maybe he was clever enough to hide it! In a lifetime one would have thought that element may have been displayed.

I've seen nothing to suggest that he's a sadist.

Just a greedy, deceitful and unscrupulous rat who was determined to get Helen's money & property all to himself, and wiped her out without a second thought to get it.

Milly, just to clarify - do you believe that Joe and Nick are real and that IS is innocent as he says?

If so, could you run through a scenario that explains all the timeline discrepancies, the phone Wi-Fi connection, the trips to the tip, the fact that she was put in the cesspit, the drugging, the fact that literally no one else knew of or suspected of this major trouble they were in, including someone who lives in the same house, but yet wasn't warned about these dangerous men that kept appearing in the house to threaten them, the fact that the police weren't brought in, the fact that IS moved Helen's car over the cesspit entrance and put a board over the top, the fact that IS said Helen had written a note, when clearly she hadn't....... Etc.

You bring up little bits of the picture to explain Joe and Nick, but I cannot see an entire scenario where they could possibly exist. They seem every bit like a man's last ditch attempt to get out of trouble.

But I'd welcome any full versions of how they could exist and how they could have carried out this crime that IS then covered up....

Yes, Milly, I asked you much the same thing back in this post
"What's your explanation, then, Milly? Do you believe in the mysterious Joe and Nick?"

I've seen nothing to suggest that he's a sadist.

Just a greedy, deceitful and unscrupulous rat who was determined to get Helen's money & property all to himself, and wiped her out without a second thought to get it.

Sadly, I think that says it all!

It would be useful, although I doubt it will be revealed, to know exactly what kind of operation IS had.
From the little we have been told, it seems it was a cancer scare,linked to intestines and he got the all clear.

On that basis, I wonder if he perhaps had laparoscopic surgery, which is less intrusive than open surgery and generally has a much faster recovery time scale.

It would be useful, although I doubt it will be revealed, to know exactly what kind of operation IS had.
From the little we have been told, it seems it was a cancer scare,linked to intestines and he got the all clear.

On that basis, I wonder if he perhaps had laparoscopic surgery, which is less intrusive than open surgery and generally has a much faster recovery time scale.

Pretty sure I did read it was laparoscopic surgery.

Looks like back in tomorrow.

Updated
Helen Bailey case: Royston murder trial to continue tomorrow after two-day delay caused by defendant Ian Stewart’s illness

16:36 19 January 2017 JP Asher

The murder trial of Ian Stewart, accused of killing Royston author Helen Bailey, is set to continue tomorrow morning after a two-day delay caused by the defendant’s illness.

Mr Stewart is accused of smothering Ms Bailey and dumping her body in a cesspit beneath their home in Baldock Road.

The trial is scheduled to resume at St Albans Crown Court tomorrow at 10.30am.

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/news/..._by_defendant_ian_stewart_s_illness_1_4856152

Thanks for the update Milly..... I got that one wrong then, I had him out until at least Monday.

Pretty sure I did read it was laparoscopic surgery.

Which is exactly the same operation I had and was up and about and holding dinner trays within a week.

[emoji6]

However... The following does make it sound a bit more serious than a laproscopy:

On the weekend before Easter 2016, Stewart was in Addenbrooke’s as it was believed he had some form of cancerous lump, the court was told.

There were complications and he was moved to intensive care - this was quite a shock to Helen, Jamie said.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-week-12452783

So I'm willing to believe that he was in pain but I just don't think it went to the extent, or on for as long as the family believed.

Thanks for the update Milly..... I got that one wrong then, I had him out until at least Monday.

I could've told you it would resume tomorrow without seeing any news reports.

I've been off work for two days and was quite looking forward to a couple of days following the case. I'm back to work tomorrow, so the law of sod states.......

[emoji23]

They won't know for sure until tomorrow though. Earlier the judge said:

“We’re going to work on the basis that he is well enough to come tomorrow, but I’m keen to stop you making an unnecessary journey.”

Judge Bright said he was going to list the case for a 10.30am start tomorrow (Friday, January 18) and unless jurors have a phone call from court staff by 9am tomorrow morning, they should set off to come to court.

He added: “We are hopeful having made some enquiries that we will know before 9am tomorrow whether he is coming to court or not.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/helen-bailey-murder-trial-postponed-12476387

No mention of what type of surgery or the stitches but a very small wound located on his belly button.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-week-12452783

"He didn't appear to want to engage with me at all"

Lynn said she could remember Stewart wearing a blue shirt.

She said: “It was a very simple dressing and a very small wound, located on his belly button.

“I said we needed to review the wound in three days time. The next appointment with Ian was on April 25, and was again to redress the wound dressing.

Yes a cancer scare -turned out to be benign. A normal person would have been utterly thankful, appreciative and grateful. Not him though.

Yes it was reported somewhere to be 'Myasthenia Gravis'

That would make a lot of sense re his tiredness/weakness. It will also explain why he was in intensive care. He would need intubating for the anaesthetic as one of the problems with the disease is that one's muscles used for breathing can be very weak. It can affect the eyes and head/neck muscles only or can be systemic as mine was.

I developed it in my 30's and it really is nasty. He may have had a thymectomy (as I did) which can help and he may well be on drugs such as Mestinon ( pyridostigmine) and steroids which help with the extreme weakness. It would explain his current situation as stress exacerbates the disease. I won't bore you any more but if you Google it you will be bound to find out more than I want to write here.

I literally saw it posted once by one media outlet, will try and find it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB