GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the internet says this...Do not take zopiclone, and tell your doctor, if any of these apply to you:

You are allergic to zopiclone or any of the other ingredients
You have a problem that causes severe muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis)

I don't know if this is true journal reporting. Read it on the On-line Daily Mail. But in one of the interviews with Detectives on Friday (15th April) - there was a note taken, where IS said 'Helen was worried he didn't want to marry her'.
This jumped out as a possible Freudian slip whilst IS was 'inventing' details of Helen's departure for space needed. He was supposed to have said this within the context of Helen's 'stress' and 'time to be alone'.
I wonder if there is some truth in this being significant to trigger 11th April actions.
Sorry - I don't know how to present the link - but it is there within the articles on DM on-line.

Yes he should not have those sleeping tablets but sometimes they are tried in a low dose and increased if there is no problem. They suppress respiration so generally not a good idea.

If he has MG he may not have been taking his medication with the intention of looking tired. The medics should ensure he is taking them but I know people do try to manage without because the side effects can be very unpleasant. Hopefully the doc will ensure he takes it and if he has not gone into an MG crisis he could be back on the stand soon. However, also this could end/delay the trial and put him in hospital until he is well. Let's hope he is back tomorrow.

Wow!! that is interesting news. Did the Surgery have this condition on record? Did they refer to it when prescribing him with Zopiclone? Did he ever take Zopiclone himself? There is no proof, I believe, that he did use this drug .. only his word that it helped him to sleep.

Well the internet says this...Do not take zopiclone, and tell your doctor, if any of these apply to you:

You are allergic to zopiclone or any of the other ingredients
You have a problem that causes severe muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis)

Good catch. I have some zopiclone, and I just checked the leaflet that came with it and it says the same thing.

_20170120_002419.jpg

Leaflet also says that if you take too much zopiclone it can cause coma, especially if it's taken with alcohol.

_20170120_003213.jpg

I've had Zoplicone myself, for a month, at 7.5mg, the standard prescription for temporary insomnia. It's really not powerful enough to completely conk you out, which makes me think he might have been giving Helen higher doses of it.

That is particularly interesting in that Zopiclone 'can cause coma'. It takes me back to think of Helen's lack of definite physical injury - and, according to Pathologists suggested suffocation or sleeper-lock (?) - and when I wondered if he had dragged her to the garage/cesspit whilst unconscious (in a coma) - and questioned if he had even known he had 'over-stepped' the drugs that day in his 'longer term' plan of Helen's demise.

According to the Cambridge News, this is what said by his son. The last paragraph below. No mention of MG here.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-week-12452783

I think Jamie S gave this information as a witness this week.

12:51
Stewart's illness 'caused him to be tired' during public search for Helen

There were searches locally and Jamie said he knew there was widespread coverage of Helen’s disappearance in the media.

“I found out they were engaged after a conversation with police officers after Helen was reported missing.

“Around that time Dad had been in hospital. On the week of April 11, he had been recovering well but still spent a lot of time resting.

“He’d come to Cambridge and I thought it was the first time he’d traveled that distance. He told me his stitches were sore from sitting in the car for so long.

“I visited him in hospital several times. On occasions Helen was more than concerned about him being in hospital.

“He had an operation on his intestines but he also has a long-standing illness which weakens the muscles around his throat. This can cause breathing difficulties. Generally the illness caused him to be tired at times.”

It may be the unpopular vote but, I'm willing to believe that (having been seen by a doctor too) that he may just be genuinely unwell.
Gastrointestinal issues are often exacerbated by stress so it may well be the case.
Much as I don't want to give IS the benefit of the doubt I am inclined to agree. Stress is a mighty powerful disease all in itself that exacerbates everything. It is highly possible.

The trial of the man accused of murdering Hertfordshire author Helen Bailey is set to resume this morning, after defendant Ian Stewart was too ill to attend for the last two days.
WNS
He has denied killing his partner at their Royston home last year.
Police officers are due to give evidence at St Albans Crown Court this morning and witnesses this afternoon include the daughter of Helen Bailey's first husband, John Sinfield

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-e...esume&&ns_fee=0#post_5881c0c9e4b08e753d556547

Tortoise you found IS diagnosis of MG... that's super. I have been wondering what he had also...to think that this didn't matter to HB. I just so ponder why she fell for him after the kind of hubby she had in JS and she had money which means one has to be extra careful. He seemed though to have charmed everyone so it wasn't all HB. Bless her heart. Anyway thank you.

Mornin all

Rather strange re the Zopiclone and ISs condition. Perhaps, after the first time he took them ( 2005 ) his subsequent GP or GPs didnt check records and just prescribed on the basis that he said he had had them before and was ok with them ?

Very interesting to have confirmation and it explains a great deal. Thank you. However, if he is taking his meds he would be strong enough (during the phase that the medicine works) to drag Helen. One gets about an hour or two in every four (the dosage interval) where the muscles are fairly strong. I have a feeling he must be choosing not to take his meds in order to look very poorly in court. Some choose not to take the medicine all the time because it does have unpleasant side effects. I am talking of pyridostigmine (Mestinon) here. I also find it very odd that his GP gave him a prescription for Zopiclone. Whatever were they thinking? Even though he was fairly new to the practice they should have noticed his history and asked him about it. Or, maybe, he didn't say anything because he knew the drug would not have been prescribed.

Very interesting to have confirmation and it explains a great deal. Thank you. However, if he is taking his meds he would be strong enough (during the phase that the medicine works) to drag Helen. One gets about an hour or two in every four (the dosage interval) where the muscles are fairly strong. I have a feeling he must be choosing not to take his meds in order to look very poorly in court. Some choose not to take the medicine all the time because it does have unpleasant side effects. I am talking of pyridostigmine (Mestinon) here. I also find it very odd that his GP gave him a prescription for Zopiclone. Whatever were they thinking? Even though he was fairly new to the practice they should have noticed his history and asked him about it. Or, maybe, he didn't say anything because he knew the drug would not have been prescribed.

Very odd. As we know, he used to live in Bassingbourn - and Ashwell Surgery, where he went to have the wound dressings changed, was in Bassingbourn. So even if he had switched to a GP surgery in Royston, it is very close.
Plus, nowadays, everything is on line, so there should have been no problem in checking his medical history.

Ready to go

Court reporter Tara Cox is back at St Albans Crown Court now, waiting for the jurors to return to the courtroom.

After a two-day delay, Ian Stewart has been declared fit to continue, and there’s a lot of evidence still to be heard- we’re expecting a busy day as the prosecution continues to set out its case.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/helen-bailey-murder-trial-case-12475974

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB