GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being very cynical and looking at that quote

Days have become weeks and weeks have become months - please dont let months become years

If you take out one word - dont - it reads in a different way - let time pass, let this whole thing fade away.

I wonder if they did do any ANPR on the car, as we discussed. And checked how long the car took to get from Royston to Broadstairs.

They may well have scouted this forum! ;-)

BBC says forensics is also going over the Royston home. http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-36768593

I wonder if someone who was living in the home finally went to police, to give them enough information to make an arrest. It would be an intolerable situation to live there with all these questions in the air, and someone might have noticed odd things or odd behaviour.

The money. It wasn't announced immediately, but out of the blue came this announcement that Helen had access to a large amount of cash, a four figure sum.

If IS had made the police aware of this, it is a strange thing to say. You either know money is missing or it isn't. Was it thrown out there to make the police stop wondering why Helen hadn't used her bank account and so stop them stepping up the enquiry to a higher priority?

Had Helen confided in someone else, like her parents, about having this money. Because if IS is being accused of theft of Helen's money, surely he would have kept hidden the real amount that was there. And how would they prove what cash was there initially and whether any had been taken? How would they prove he wasn't using his own money?

Questions questions..

Oh I wonder if there is outside activity going on ? with the 7 foot metal fence being put up ?

I think so, (a fence and tents outside the Royston home), LE wouldn't bother unless they were searching outside. I hope they find what they're searching for.

Being very cynical and looking at that quote

Days have become weeks and weeks have become months - please dont let months become years

If you take out one word - dont - it reads in a different way - let time pass, let this whole thing fade away.

I think it's highly unusual to talk about years into the future. Call me cynical too, but I think a lot can be learnt from analysis of statements. My instinct tells me if someone is in a panicked state over a missing loved one, wondering if they have come to harm, especially in the early stages, they are not so thoughtful about writing a poetic message.

BBC says forensics is also going over the Royston home. http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-36768593

I wonder if someone who was living in the home finally went to police, to give them enough information to make an arrest. It would be an intolerable situation to live there with all these questions in the air, and someone might have noticed odd things or odd behaviour.

There were only 2 people living in the home, apart from Helen

There were only 2 people living in the home, apart from Helen

I haven't been able to find out if his son in UK is living away at uni. Do you know whether he is? Of course he could be at uni and living at home.

The money. It wasn't announced immediately, but out of the blue came this announcement that Helen had access to a large amount of cash, a four figure sum.

If IS had made the police aware of this, it is a strange thing to say. You either know money is missing or it isn't. Was it thrown out there to make the police stop wondering why Helen hadn't used her bank account and so stop them stepping up the enquiry to a higher priority?

Had Helen confided in someone else, like her parents, about having this money. Because if IS is being accused of theft of Helen's money, surely he would have kept hidden the real amount that was there. And how would they prove what cash was there initially and whether any had been taken? How would they prove he wasn't using his own money?

Questions questions..

I think they'd look at bank accounts, that's how people get access to cash these days (unless they sell drugs or something under the table). There is a mystery why she'd have that much cash, not to mention why it would be worth someone's while to go to those lengths to steal it. When you're 55 years old, less than £10,000 is not a lot of money. Perhaps it wasn't Helen who withdrew it from the bank. Just speculating.

I haven't been able to find out if his son in UK is living away at uni. Do you know whether he is? Of course he could be at uni and living at home.

Either way, a person very familiar with the home and Helen and her partner.

I always wonder about close family, do they stay loyal, or entertain suspicions. What would bring them to go to the police?

Questions questions..

I think someone - her parents or brother or both - knew that she had this money in the house.
Otherwise, as you say, why would IS or anyone bother to mention the money, unless they thought it was a good excuse to explain how she was managing to survive without using her bank account.

I think, from the age, that Uni is finished for him now.

Either way, a person very familiar with the home and Helen and her partner.

I always wonder about close family, do they stay loyal, or entertain suspicions. What would bring them to go to the police?

I am inclined to think the arrest is due to something the police have discovered during their investigations, rather than anyone close actually giving them information.

It is a mark of how seriously they were taking this disappearance that 3 months on, they have a team of some 10 people working on the case. That is not something the police would do for an adult missing person who has allegedly gone off to have some time to herself.

I wonder how his first wife died...

She had an 'unusual' epileptic fit and died in their garden. An air ambulance was called. I think the word the coroner used was unusual, whatever it was it made me think it was her first. From memory I think she was in her early forties.

Wonder if the rest of her family suspected the suspect but had to bite their tongues for the last three months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur