GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What puzzles me... if it looks like that it is a clear cut case that IS is guilty, why have they planned the proceedings to last 6 weeks? I have this awful feeling there are more sordid news to come, as if it was not already. I feel very sorry for both families involved.

Hi Zab,
Yes, myself and someone else were discussing that today. However I know that to date there are three days - two this month and one in Feb where the court will not be sitting for a variety of reasons.
Also I would guess that the police evidence will take some time - remember there are many stages to go through -from disappearing without being reported...then reported as missing....then the fairly long time when Helen was a missing person....then the awful discovery and all the subsequent investigations. So I think that will take time.
Then other technical witnesses e.g. mobile phone experts, computer experts etc. Anyone think of any others? I wonder if he will have any character witnesses. I can`t see anyone from the Facegroup page speaking up for him but could be wrong of course.

If I were one of the Jurors - thinking matters over tonight.
My questions would be - why within a close family, previously an alone Father after their Mum died, would IS not talk more on the evening (11th) and day of 12th of his deep worry about Helen 'taking off' with only a note of 'I need time'. And if there had been - in truth - any history of attempted threat over Helen's paper in her study - surely he would have discussed this with his closest people. AND when John Bailey was worried about his Sister, in the beginning - surely IS would have told him of his fears rather than only to comment on a note from Helen. He deceived them all at that time - whilst he was flexing his argument over Gateshead conveyance -and shifting money - and going to the tip, he lied when he told his son a Bowls that he was in pain through sitting in the car for the journey to Cambridge. He lied when he told OS that he found a note, which does not exist. He lied to OS about Joe and Nick .. and he has lied throughout his presented defence.
He is now - seemingly - able to lie to himself. And through pleading 'not guilty' he has given the pain to his sons that he could have avoided. That is only my thought and doesn't alter the jury decision.

That`s exactly it Joely - you couldn`t seriously expect someone/anyone to believe such drivel! That`s why I`ll be very surprised if he takes the stand.

He posted on Facebook not long after Helen went missing that he was appalled by the police intrusion as the BBC posting a photo of their conservatory. Not exactly what I'd have expected someone distraught about their missing partner would be caring about...the whole thing is very odd. I still can't get my head round anyone taking the risks he has for only money. what was he planning to do with the money? Sit about on his own going on solitary holidays and buying a Ferrari.....? None of the money part makes sense to me....

I am half expecting IS, when he takes the stand, to say the £4000 was to pay off the two villains or various other bills that maybe H used to pay. He will have an excuse. He has had a lot of time to sit and think about it.

Am thinking that the reason for his great haste - on the Monday - was so that he could pretend Helen had agreed all of this before she went away to Broadstairs ?
He probably knew that JB ( who seems to be a lovely, decent person ) would not make too much fuss about him running the day to day stuff - bills etc - and would not keep a check on that side of the cash flow.
But also probably realised that JB would not agree to him carrying out the sale of the flat or increasing his personal spending allowance.

That might all be plausible if he knew that Helen would be away for a lengthy time. Of course he knew that she was gone for ever, but his story at the time was that she had just gone away for "some space" (per the invented note). If that had really been the case, she might have been back within a few days.

So there should have been no urgency. And it wasn't just a one-off payment of four grand - he was arranging a monthly pay day for himself.

Regarding the six week trial. Remember that court days are quite short, and as Michelle has said, the court may not sit every day.
People often complain here about the short days, but there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes, with preparation of witnesses and evidence, possible legal argument about what may or may not be permissible, debriefings and more.

Just looking at this tweet from last February. How did she meet him then? Was it through another site or FB?

Helen Bailey (@HelenEBailey) tweeted at 10:28 AM on Tue, Feb 02, 2016:
@WidowedAndYoung I didn't meet Ian through WAY, but we discovered we were both members! WAY is invaluable for anyone widowed when young.

[video=twitter;694467387450642432]https://twitter.com/HelenEBailey/status/694467387450642432[/video]

I think he is very sick indeed - but worry that he shall not have to face the consequences of calculations as a result of 'madness'. IS is not unwell - he can travel when he needs to, physicaly - and forgive himself of any blame as a protection of SELF and money before love, his sons or Boris .. or Helen's family.

I agree - where did his hunger for money take him to a place where he lost a beautiful woman, an adorable Dachshund - the trust or pain within his Sons .. and to deceive and harm Helen's trust of 'it will come good' - and harm her Brother and Mother and family forever. He had EVERYTHING - unemployment supported with big money, health supported when he 'couldn't lift a tray' - a beautiful home and lovely Helen to look after his Sons - cook for them beyond takeaways - and refuse to hide her special cheese within a family whom she simply wished to adopt with love.

FB bereavement group. I do wonder if he maybe targeted other women too, widows.

Going to bed late after a very sad day in Court for the Sons, But I am here on web sleuths for Helen. And everything I write and we do is for her. In being emotionally connected with Helen - I shall speak and be her voice forever - along with you magnificent web sleuth group, who are an honour to justice. I love her and wish to know why she had to die in vain x

I guess he may have, Milly - but to give him the riches with a wonderful lady of wealth - he would settle happily with such a special person x

However, I suppose they could try and bring it in when it gets to the defence case by saying he has deteriorated during the past few weeks ?
He certainly was ok back in December, when he introduced Joe and Nick to the story.

Just catching up but just had an Aha moment .

Joe and Nick. I wondered where he had thought up those two particular names from. If people are making something up they normally have some reference point they use so that they don't forget the detail they've made up. Like using names that have some relevance that would make them easy to remember.

If he thought up Joe and Nick in December I wonder if the reference point he used was Xmas.. two male names connected to Xmas... Joseph and St Nicholas?

Helen Bailey's solicitor has told St Albans Crown Court her partner Ian Stewart asked if he could sell a flat she owned in her absence

Timothy Penn said Ian Stewart asked if he could use power of attorney to enable sale of Gateshead flat for £185000 after she went missing

https://twitter.com/RusshookeyITV

So while he waited a possible 7 years to claim his full inheritance he was planning to live off this 185k and his 4k a month standing order in the meantime. Have we ever had such a cold calculated accused before?

I feel so sad that Helen thought she'd found her Prince Charming and had actually found this vile vile man who it appears only ever saw her as a pound sign :(

3am ponderings.

Would he have stood to make more/less/about the same in monetary terms if they had been married? Or would that not have influenced the position?

Was there something that occurred over that weekend of April 9/10 that resulted in the events of April 11? Or did he just wake up on that Monday morning and decide that was to be the day?

Is there anything known of his usual habits, both work and social, that he undertook alone? Obviously in the last months would imagine not working due to health, if at all, but when he was, where was his base: home or that Bassingbourn address registered to some of his online things? Did he frequently spend time away in 'business'? Did he often excuse himself from HB saying he had to go out on business, perhaps in the evening?

I am wondering if he could have become mixed up in some shady dealings, someone had something on him they were threatening to expose unless he paid *advertiser censored* sum, and/or perhaps owed a large sum of money (gambling? sexual nature?) that he had fallen behind in payments on, hence the heavy dudes, 'Joe and Nick'. I doubt he would have therefore been keen to discuss this with his sons, and least of all the police, in those months running up to April.

WMSky ‏@wmarxsky 42s43 seconds ago

Jamie Stewart tells court he told police he couldn't see how her dad could have moved Helen Bailey's body, after operation weakened him

Yes, I thought that's what they were building up to ! to me, it just reinforces the method used, suffocation of a heavily drugged woman who gave no resistance - rather than stabbing or strangulation or a more active form of murder.

As to moving Helen - I think the vital need to do so would have got the adrenalin pumping.

Plus, there could have been some form of trolley available ( I have one in my shed for moving heavy stuff around ) ...or he could have used the car, as I've thought before.
Once there, the movement he has to make with Helen's body is downwards into the pit, so momentum would take over and help , rather than if he had to lift her body and put it in a higher elevation.

Not sure how feasible this but maybe he didn't have to move her body...

we still don't know if Helen and Boris were alive or dead. What if he drugged Helen's granular tea and while she was drinking the tea or having the pre lunch sherry her brother mentioned she liked, he took Boris into the garage, threw Boris' favourite toy into the cesspit t knowing Boris would jump down after it. Then told Helen to come quickly as he'd been checking the cover of the cesspit and Boris had fallen in. Maybe she was already in a sleepy confused state and he somehow managed to convince her to try to go in herself to rescue her beloved Boris . Then maybe he simply put the cover back on and left them there, knowing the drugs were already kicking in and that nobody else would be home till late evening.

I wonder if the Tesco footage showed IS lifting some heavy grocery items into his trolley ?

Ah like that fraudster who pretended to be in a coma but was caught on camera shopping with his wife at Tesco. They caught coma- man through tracking where he used and collected Tesco points. Wonder if they've done the same for this case.

FB bereavement group. I do wonder if he maybe targeted other women too, widows.

I wondered if the reason he murdered Helen to get her money rather than marry her was because he had started another relationship or was planning to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vec416