GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defence question witness

Tracey is now being cross-examined by the defence.

She said Helen was not a confident driver and didn’t like driving.

“She was OK driving around local areas that she knew but she didn’t like going on the motorway”, she told jurors.

Tracey reiterated that there were no issues or problems raised by Helen in respect of her relationship with Stewart.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-day-12441178

I think that's unlikely, but even more upsetting is my thought that the poor little dog was almost certainly thrown in there alive.

If the pathologist thinks it was possible, it only confirms it was possible. When I first read the report I felt quite sick about it and also the dog. However, I think it is unlikely but will we ever know.

If the pathologist thinks it was possible, it only confirms it was possible. When I first read the report I felt quite sick about it and also the dog. However, I think it is unlikely but will we ever know.

I thought ( hoped ) from the lack of water inside Boris's body , it was possible that he was not alive when he went into the pit.
However, as I have said before on here, IS comes across to me as a passive type of ( alleged ) murderer. I dont think he is the type to get his hands dirty so to speak.. so killing Helen whilst she was totally incapacitated by the drugs would be a soft easy type of way to murder ...........and throwing the toy into the pit so that Boris would jump in would be likewise an easy option for him.

I know it can never be proven and perhaps that's a blessing, as I can try to believe Boris was already dead....
as I would not like or be able to say on here what I would do to a person capable of treating an animal in that way.

I would not like or be able to say on here what I would do to a person capable of treating an animal in that way.

I will.

I'd shut him in a tank full of s**t and leave him there.

Picking parts that are standing out:

“Looking for hope at this stage, Ian’s text telling me some of Helen’s clothes were missing gave me the impression that Helen may have been at the Broadstairs house.”

I think this might fit with what I was saying earlier about IS trying to create a narrative of Helen having been at Broadstairs. It seems incredible to me, but it seems like they may be trying to imply she had been there... (also by bringing up the identification at the station by her brother) - maybe I'm reading too much into that?

“She liked wine and sherry, she would have tea but it would be very weak or decaf tea. She didn’t like coffee.”

Interesting, as I'd presumed the Zopiclone was masked by coffee. Presumably that's what is being angled at - if she liked quite bland food, disguising Zopiclone would be difficult.

They're going to try and suggest it was suicide, aren't they? :tears:

I meant to answer the other part of your post earlier LozDa, but got caught up with the updates ( very speedy is the gal from Cambridge News ).

I think you are right, they are/were trying to create a picture of Helen having been at Broadstairs - or at least to try and give the impression that IS believed that Helen just might have been there.

Also, clearly trying to imply that the zopiclone was not being given to Helen by IS, because she didnt eat or drink anything that would mask the taste. But that argument fails when balanced against the evidence that Helen was worried about always falling asleep, which proves she was not self medicating.

...........and throwing the toy into the pit so that Boris would jump in would be likewise an easy option for him.

Yes, as soon as I heard a dog toy was recovered..... Helen says on one of her Facebook posts that Boris was obsessed with balls......

So terribly sad to even contemplate.

I am not going down that route - too upsetting. After all if he killed Helen (and I am thinking he did it with a plastic bag after sedating her)

I can - with difficulty - think he would also use the same on Boris. Sedation then smothering.

I try to get into the mind of the accused, but as this relationship appeared to outsiders to be a good one I cannot understand how Helen didn't have some concerns.

Difficult because after a great bereavement one is vulnerable, as I know from experience.

I have been sadly following this case, and since The arrest of IS have been baffled as to what his defence would be.

I know there is much more to hear, but it seems he will definitely go with that Helen was taking said medication herself, hence the cross on her eating and drinking habits, all indicating he could not have administered it without her knowing.

So are we going to hear that Nick and Joe were her suppliers? And while he was out that day they came and stole the "substantial amount of money" that was in the house, that IS said she had access to, and somehow did the awful deed?

Was it ever said that this money had indeed gone missing? Did it even exist? IS made quite a point about it.

Sorry but this is all going on in my head, I hope I am wrong.

Thank you all for the coverage, I live in St Albans, court need not have finished early today it is just raining here as it has been all day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Surprised the bit about Helen struggling on the beach was brought up by defence barrister and not the prosecution. I thought that would be important for them to show Helen was being sedated. Still at least it came up, just not as I expected it to.

[FONT=&quot]"He also allegedly said he had been given papers to take to the solicitors on the way to a doctor’s appointment, concerning the sale of her flat in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...dy-trial-childrens-author-accused-ian-stewart

I wonder what he was up to here. Did he do something dodgy with those papers, like forge her signature. Or, did he wait for her to sign them before he killed her.

[/FONT]

No-one else was present when author is said to have joked cess pit was a good place to hide a body

Mr Bailey is now being cross-examined by the defence. He reiterated that no-one else was present during the conversation when Helen or Ian mentioned to him that the cess pit was a good place to hide a body.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-day-12441178

Just bringing this back up.........so why were the Defence questioning JB re the conversation ? JB has stuck to his story that it was only him, Helen and IS who were there when the remark re the body was made.

Were the defence trying to imply that this suggestion might have been heard by others ?
but the only other person there was the previous owner - and he had departed by the time the remark was made.
And, even if he had still been there, he used to use this line himself about great place to bury a body, so it was hardly something new to him.

Surprised the bit about Helen struggling on the beach was brought up by defence barrister and not the prosecution. I thought that would be important for them to show Helen was being sedated. Still at least it came up, just not as I expected it to.

Unless it's happened at a time she was away from IS in which case they would be able to say it was self administered...... hopefully not

Unless it's happened at a time she was away from IS in which case they would be able to say it was self administered...... hopefully not

Fortunately, her brother said IS was with her at the time.

I have been sadly following this case, and since The arrest of IS have been baffled as to what his defence would be.

I know there is much more to hear, but it seems he will definitely go with that Helen was taking said medication herself, hence the cross on her eating and drinking habits, all indicating he could not have administered it without her knowing.

So are we going to hear that Nick and Joe were her suppliers? And while he was out that day they came and stole the "substantial amount of money" that was in the house, that IS said she had access to, and somehow did the awful deed?

Was it ever said that this money had indeed gone missing? Did it even exist? IS made quite a point about it.

Sorry but this is all going on in my head, I hope I am wrong.

Thank you all for the coverage, I live in St Albans, court need not have finished early today it is just raining here as it has been all day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Havent heard any update so far re the substantial amount of money that Helen was supposed to keep in the house. Having read her book and blog, I thought at the time that it did not sound like something Helen would do.

Re Helen self medicating - is going to be a weak defence if that is what it is - the Pros have on line evidence of her checking why she was always falling asleep...plus, she would have to get the drug from a GP or via the net, and doesnt seem to be any evidence of either.

It will be most interesting to hear all about Nick and Joe, who clearly knew their way around the property very well.

[FONT="]"He also allegedly said he had been given papers to take to the solicitors on the way to a doctor’s appointment, concerning the sale of her flat in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...dy-trial-childrens-author-accused-ian-stewart

I wonder what he was up to here. Did he do something dodgy with those papers, like forge her signature. Or, did he wait for her to sign them before he killed her.

[/FONT]

Grief ! I had not thought of that.............wasn't letting the grass grow was he, if that is the case. Changed the SO within hours of the killing and then off to sort out the flat !! ( possibly )

I remember the Pros mentioned it in their opening statement. But they didnt say ( or if they did it was not given out as part of the media updates ) that IS helped her off the beach. So perhaps the Defence wanted to get that part in, show IS was being kind and caring. Cant really see why they would want to highlight it otherwise.

Just bringing this back up.........so why were the Defence questioning JB re the conversation ? JB has stuck to his story that it was only him, Helen and IS who were there when the remark re the body was made.

Were the defence trying to imply that this suggestion might have been heard by others ?
but the only other person there was the previous owner - and he had departed by the time the remark was made.
And, even if he had still been there, he used to use this line himself about great place to bury a body, so it was hardly something new to him.

Is he perhaps pointing a finger at a neighbour? Someone who could have been in their garden at the time maybe.

Is he perhaps pointing a finger at a neighbour? Someone who could have been in their garden at the time maybe.

What would be the point of that? The previous neighbour deposited her in the tank? IMOO the defence has a really difficult job here - stupid inferences that no one would believe. Desperation springs to mind. :sheesh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member