GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=&quot]11:06[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][h=3]'Oliver found it quite weird he hadn't been told about engagement'[/h]“Ian would often come and talk to me, ask me how I was and what I’d been up to that day. “I knew he’d just had an operation. At some point Oliver had seen one of Helen’s blog posts and she had mentioned something along the lines that they were engaged. “Oliver found it quite weird that he hadn’t been told this.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12464906

[/FONT]

It occurs to me that when evidence is overwhelming and a person pleads not guilty there are two probable reasons.

1. The person feels no guilt about the murder and cold bloodedly plans to try and "get away with murder". I put Jeremy Bamber in this category (I know he is controversial but I have no doubt of his guilt). These people are generally psychopaths.

Or

2. The person cannot face what they have done because to do so means coming face to face with themselves and the awful things they have done. I suspect IS of being in this category hence his "sedated appearance" in court.

As another poster said, he is having to hear in all it's awful detail exactly what he has done. It must be awful to be in that position...and to know deep down that the only person to blame is yourself.

With regard to the evidence of Oliver's girlfriend I do wonder if maybe Helen was at times difficult to live with. She may have been typical of the very creative personality who struggles with the day to day sometimes. I suspect I can be difficult to live with too....but to date my husband has not buried me under the patio because he is not a sociopath. He buggers off to the loo with a newspaper and that's in a small house. There was plenty of escape in Helen's home as it was much larger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Helen looking quite stressed that particular evening, she didn’t say hi, she kept her head down and just walked into the kitchen.
“I heard she was in her jeep and got very anxious, so I thought it could be to do with that.”

Ah ...what is that saying...if you're going to lie, keep it as close to the truth as possible. So this jeep incident may have taken place on the Saturday and IS just moved it over to the Monday for his own purposes.

From OSs evidence yesterday

“On the Sunday (April 10, 2016) I popped back to the house to collect work clothes for Monday. I remember seeing Helen, who asked if I wanted any food and I said no. “I popped into the lounge to see dad and Jamie. I was at the house no more than 20 minutes.

Girlfriend's evidence from today doesnt match the impression OS gave of not being at Hartwell Lodge at all on the Saturday night/Sunday

On the Saturday before Helen went missing, I went shopping with Oliver to Cambridge.
“After this Oliver dropped me off at mine to pick up my car and then I drove to his and stayed at his this evening

“On Sunday, she seemed in better spirits. We woke up, had some breakfast, I drive home, Oliver had some college work to do and I wanted him to concentrate on that so he stayed at his and I went back home.

I do wonder what the car incident was, failing breaks or something else with her car or was the incident just near collision scare or something that had nothing to to with her jeep. Does IS have any mechanical skills?......hmmmm.

Just having a look through Twitter for updates and I saw this update on the proposed law re missing people and administration of their estates

The family of Claudia Lawrence have called on MPs to support a proposed law that allows relatives of missing people to deal with their financial affairs.

Under current law in England and Wales, the disappearance of a person does not affect the ownership or control of their property and affairs.

Mr Hollinrake ( MP ) told the Commons a guardian should be appointed after an adult was missing for more than 90 days.

They would act on behalf of the missing person for up to four years, which could be renewed by a court application, and they would be held to account by the Office of the Public Guardian.

The proposed law would ease families' suffering.

"The guardian will take control of the financial affairs of the missing person, will have authority to act on their behalf and will be able to use the property of the missing person to help those left behind,"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...8585159?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

She was told Stewart was 'slowly getting better from operation'

Between April and July 2016, Alex said she had been round the house more than she had been previously. She said she stayed about twice a week at the house.

“I saw more of Ian, me and Oliver would often cook dinner for Ian and Jamie would eat with us as well.

“Oliver told me he was slowly getting better from his operation. I can’t really comment if his health got better or worse during this time.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12464906

Stewart 'loved Helen very much and they seemed very happy with each other'

Alex is now being cross examined by the defence. She said Helen wasn’t a confident driver and would often come home after being out in the car, and was stressed. She was anxious on April 9 when I stayed the night.

“On the Sunday morning I heard music and her voice and assumed she was feeling less stressed”, Alex tells jurors.

“When I saw Stewart before holiday he looked ill as if he hadn’t slept. When I saw him after holiday it was difficult due to the atmosphere as Ian was sad.

“There were discussions with the family and it was decided Ian would still go on the holiday he had booked for himself and Helen.

“It did him good to get away from it and put his mind on something else.

“Stewart is a very nice man, kind and patient. It seemed he would do anything for anyone. I got the impression he loved Helen very much and they seemed very happy with each other.”

Defendant 'is a lovely man' son's girlfriend tells court

Alex added: “Oliver told me that his dad was even struggling to reach up into the cupboards and get food out after his operation. “When I saw him, he wasn’t doing a lot of physical activity due to his health problems.

“On Saturday April 20 I saw him on the sofa and that’s all I saw of him.

“Helen and Ian weren’t touchy feely, but everything seemed fine and they would do things together. Ian is such a lovely man.”

I thought Helen had gone away to get space or potentially committed suicide'

On re-examination by the prosecutor Stuart Trimmer, Alex said she heard one dispute between the couple in September 2015.

“They were having an argument that I wanted to stay round Oliver’s on a night when Oliver normally stayed at mine. I could hear Helen getting worked up about it over the phone saying no I couldn’t stay round.”

Between April and July 2016, Alex said Stewart seemed sad because Helen was missing.

“I thought deep down Helen had gone away to get some space, or had gone away completely and was hidden away from everyone so that no-one could find her - or potentially I thought she may have committed suicide”, she added.

That is the end of Alex’s evidence.

Next witness is from Royston's household waste recycling centre

Alistair Fibbs is the next witness, he is part responsible for recycling centre in Royston where Stewart was seen, the court is told.

He is looking at CCTV material from the site on April 11, 2016. He said there are eight CCTV cameras on the site.

He says sometimes a person moving, or a car moving, will trigger the cameras.

“In December we began installing a new system that is continuous CCTV monitoring.

“I believe there are signs at the site saying the area is covered with CCTV cameras.”

I think the Tesco footage came into the case almost accidentally as a result of the shoplifting incident on that day. Presumably IS was asked what he and Helen did over that week end, before she * disappeared * and if he mentioned shopping at Tesco, then it would be a file note and perhaps picked up by the team who were dealing with the shoplifting.

I still cant fathom why it was relevant to show the footage though. Is it because this is the last known, independent, sighting of Helen ? But we have the evidence of her good friend who was chatting with her ( email , text ) on the Monday, which I would have thought proves Helen was still alive at that time. And I really cant see why the defence would say they deny that the footage is Helen and IS.

I'm wondering, whoever it was in the cctv footage, if they did a type of citizens arrest or restrained the shoplifter, proving this person has strength.

Jury hears 'missing' phone call

Jurors are now being played the 999 call from Stewart to police, when he reported Helen missing at 3.37pm on April 15, 2016. In the phone call he says: “My partner has been missing since Monday and hasn’t contacted anyone. I decided I should report it.” He says Helen has been missing on Baldock Road, Royston and gives her name. Over the phone, Stewart puts the operator on hold as he had to double check her date of birth.

Stewart tells operator: 'Her phone is dead, it just doesn't ring'

“She’s self-employed but she works from home. She left a note saying she needed space and time alone, and that she was going to Broadstairs. She said please don’t contact her in any way.

“It’s a little cottage we’ve got down there. Neighbours and I have been down there and she’s not there.

“Her phone is dead, it just doesn’t ring. It goes straight to answer machine. Someone’s been to the house yeah, her brother went.

“It didn’t look like anyone’s been in there. She’s left her car here. She did take her dog with her, a dachshund.”

'We have got quite a large house but I have literally checked everywhere'

Stewart continues to tell the call operator that he has no idea where Helen is. He said he has contacted four people who knew Helen but they hadn’t heard from her.

“She has been very anxious and very worried about lots of things, she is a worrier.”

Stewart is asked if Helen would be thinking about committing suicide, to which he says no.

He added: “We were planning to get married but everything went wrong, I’ve been ill, her dad’s been ill, my mum’s been ill.

“I spoke to her brother John and three of her friends. We haven’t told her parents or my parents, or my sons [that Helen is missing]. “Her brother has spoken to Helen’s parents and he’s sure she’s not there.”

The call operator says it may be silly, but asked if Helen could be at home.

“We have got quite a large house but I have literally checked everywhere”, Stewart replied.

Stewart tells operator Helen had never been missing before

“She did see a psychologist and have therapy about 10 years ago or maybe longer. She hasn’t said much about that to me. I’ve known her for five years and she’s never went missing before.

“She’s not attempted suicide or self harm ever before.”

I do wonder what the car incident was, failing breaks or something else with her car or was the incident just near collision scare or something that had nothing to to with her jeep. Does IS have any mechanical skills?......hmmmm.

It would be very dangerous to take zopiclone during the day and then drive... It could be something to do with that.

It can even be dangerous to take it at night then drive the next day, there are warnings in the leaflet about it.

Next-day impairment with the use of hypnotics such as zopiclone is generally recognized as a decreased ability to be alert the next day after taking the medicine. It can include symptoms such as daytime sleepiness, impaired hand eye coordination, decreased mental sharpness and related motor functions. Some patients may have zopiclone blood levels in the morning that are high enough to produce psychological and motor impairment.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/medeff/reviews-examens/imovane-eng.php

From OSs evidence yesterday

“On the Sunday (April 10, 2016) I popped back to the house to collect work clothes for Monday. I remember seeing Helen, who asked if I wanted any food and I said no. “I popped into the lounge to see dad and Jamie. I was at the house no more than 20 minutes.

Girlfriend's evidence from today doesnt match the impression OS gave of not being at Hartwell Lodge at all on the Saturday night/Sunday

On the Saturday before Helen went missing, I went shopping with Oliver to Cambridge.
“After this Oliver dropped me off at mine to pick up my car and then I drove to his and stayed at his this evening

“On Sunday, she seemed in better spirits. We woke up, had some breakfast, I drive home, Oliver had some college work to do and I wanted him to concentrate on that so he stayed at his and I went back home.

Well spotted, I hope the jury are on the ball, the prosecution have not questioned it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So this aspect of the emergency call is a nightmare for the defence

She left a note saying she needed space and time alone, and that she was going to Broadstairs. She said please don’t contact her in any way.

Clearly she could not have left that note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member