GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if I post anything that`s already been covered. I`ve only just scanned some posts or read some randomly out of sequence. Will take me days to catch up :thinking:

Although we know a lot more about this case that is out there in the media, I did like some of the way the documentary on channel 5 was presented yesterday - in particular I loved the way that the real Helen was interspersed throughout, and thought that added real insight to the person that Helen was, and the enormity of the loss. It brought the reality "home" and added true poignancy to the horror. The specific parts where Helen`s voice was heard were carefully and thoughtfully placed IMO.

IS - given the choice as he unfortunately was- was absolutely no way going to appear publicly to face his sentencing and sentencing report. I think we now know enough about his character to understand that given the choice, he would not stand there and take the final humiliation (forget any guilt or remorse). After all, he was the big "I am". It seems like everything he had planned throughout his adult life had gone exactly his way. Each time. Be it the suing for compensation. Be it his (planned) critical illness insurance scoop. Be it (I am convinced), the disposal of his wife. And all the others things which I`m sure are there in his history, even if we are not aware. His plans and schemes worked every time with huge benefits.
He failed this time. He failed in the biggest, most dramatic way, in the full public view of strangers and family alike.
We now all know who IS is and who he has always been.
The mask he so successfully wore for over 50 years has crumbled to the ground and the truth of IS is fully exposed.
He was * never * that person who the world thought him to be.
The only person who hasn`t yet faced the real IS is IS himself. And he can`t and I don`t believe, ever will.
There was nothing to be gained (for him) to appear in person or re video link.
Listening to the programme on Radio 2 today - an interesting and never before discussed topic, regardless of IS - there was little that could be done to enforce his appearance. Sanctions? Like what? Reduce his sentence by 6 months? No visiting orders? (Who is going to visit him?) There was no carrot that could be offered which would have been enticing enough to compensate for facing the world as a vilified, despised, failure of a human being that he is.
When I first became interested in this case, and when I first went to court, in my naivety, I truly expected to see a broken man. A shrivelled, apologetic, frightened, fearful man.
I was wrong. And I was shocked by his demeanour. His calmness, his total lack of emotion. His manipulation. His entitlement. As the facts emerged, and have continued to emerge e.g. the critical illness insurance, as but one example - I see a portrait of a man who has plotted and planned and schemed his way through life. Who has learnt that lying and laziness and deception pays. Who can live a lazy, indolent, unconstructive life off the back of others. Who can take, and take some more...and keep taking. And each time his plans went to form and he derived the benefits and rewards, it just reinforced his behaviour and he felt invincible.
I believe he is in deep shock. Because this time he failed.
His whole past has caught up with him, finally, and exploded in his face.

Michelle, this is a wonderful post full of insight, and your presence there at court for so many days gave you the special position of analysing this and sharing it with us. Invaluable and insightful. Thank you for everything you have done for us sleuths in the last few weeks.

Just realised - in relation to IS possible new abode in Whitemoor and the majority population therein

He's already got the perfect initials ;)

I have a memory, but forgive me because they're not entirely reliable, that it was one of his son's girlfriends that had mentioned a recent upset about driving.

Yes, that's right -

and I imagine that, at one time or another, Helen had actually come home, frustrated with something that had happened during a drive, and said, that's it, no more or wtte...and IS stored that one up for future use.

Oh that is funny! Thank you Michelle and others for attending court so many days and feeling the pain. I don't think I'll be following other cases. But maybe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh that is funny! Thank you Michelle and others for attending court so many days and feeling the pain. I don't think I'll be following other cases. But maybe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I only came here for one case too :D The next time a missing person or court case catches your attention, you'll be back. I hope so, it's been a pleasure reading your posts.

Michelle. Thankyou for your summation.

Did you attend sentence delivery or give it a miss? I was wondering who else attended.

Also, last time you were here you mentioned L.Aid re IS and payment for legal fees. is there anything you can clarify on that ?

Just realised - in relation to IS possible new abode in Whitemoor and the majority population therein

He's already got the perfect initials ;)

ha.

ramadan starts end of May. Perfect timing for him to shuffle off to Whitemoor. ( ie. he can fast)

I only came here for one case too :D The next time a missing person or court case catches your attention, you'll be back. I hope so, it's been a pleasure reading your posts.

Did you follow the Sadie Hartley NetE?
( I remember you from the Ben Butler Ellie Gray) Hartley was a shocker, that's the last one I followed here- back in summer.

Never in a million years did I expect to be following a crime forum! Once you join.......

My personal opinion, and i'm no expert, is that his hope was that Helen would crash her car whilst drugged and die or be severely damaged in an accident. I think that explains the POA in addition to the will. But, that day she came home and announced that she was never going to drive again upset his plans as he took her literally. I think he saw red as she'd upset his plans.

The quickest way to find out that someone has been drugged is when they crash their car. If Helen survived the crash and was able to speak at a certain moment, she would have been confronted with the alleged abuse of drugs.
And that would be the end of IS.
Other than that, the costs of a car crash can rise to astronomical heights if another party is involved and damaged. The same applies if HB survived and needed specialized care without ever recovering.

IS stood to lose a lot of money in this scenario and he would not be in control of the outcome.

IMHO he repeated the basic MO that he had used on his wife, because that had been very successful, and he added some new details like the cesspit.

I have a memory, but forgive me because they're not entirely reliable, that it was one of his son's girlfriends that had mentioned a recent upset about driving.

Was there an incident with a cyclist (no wine yet, "honest"-oh no, what a giveaway) ?

Just seen the JSP piece in the Indie. Sorry if already mentioned, but as she confesses to having been duped herself, that might explain the "dumb" comment on TV, which she changed to "naïve". In the classic way, she was also talking about herself when she was talking of Helen.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-character-fool-lonely-romantic-a7598256.html

The quickest way to find out that someone has been drugged is when they crash their car. If Helen survived the crash and was able to speak at a certain moment, she would have been confronted with the alleged abuse of drugs.
And that would be the end of IS.
Other than that, the costs of a car crash can rise to astronomical heights if another party is involved and damaged. The same applies if HB survived and needed specialized care without ever recovering.

IS stood to lose a lot of money in this scenario and he would not be in control of the outcome.

IMHO he repeated the basic MO that he had used on his wife, because that had been very successful, and he added some new details like the cesspit.

I see your point but i'm not entirely convinced he's that bright to have realised any of that. :thinking:

Michelle - thank you so much for your post tonight along with all your others. They really have been so interesting to read and given us a taste of the case.
Before seeing the footage of IS I thought there would a few glimpses of a broken man. But IS was how you described. I still cannot get over how "me me me" he was. "I am hungry, I am tired" during the police interviews - crazy.

Michelle, this is a wonderful post full of insight, and your presence there at court for so many days gave you the special position of analysing this and sharing it with us. Invaluable and insightful. Thank you for everything you have done for us sleuths in the last few weeks.

Thanks Net - going to post later on - watching Corrie catch up - Steve/Michelle/Leanne drama takes my mind off reality lol

Michelle xx
P.S. Had a lovely chat with your friend!

I don't really believe that Helen went out in the Jeep on 11th April. It may have happened before (was it the Saturday and referred to by Alex (OS g/f).
Helen writes in her book of how she had become a less confident driver, and how JS would start her car (or drive it a little) to keep the battery charged. She visualised a sporty Fiat 500 giving her back her zoom. And how she had become a 'passenger' in a car whilst JS did the driving.
She describes how, after JS died, her fear of the motorway prevented her driving to visit his family and how she felt good when she got in the car and did it, rather than they were always being the ones to visit her.

The NOBODY used this information, as we know there wasn't a fragment of her words that he didn't read and manipulate .. plagiarise and use to his advantage.
In the way that he probably offered to take her to Broadstairs during her first return visit there. She was going to call him to cancel the trip (he was known as Mac then) and was glad she hadn't because he was such a comforter during this heartbreaking return journey without the man she was going to retire there with.
I don't expect some of Helen's newfound fears of driving ever left her completely - but he wouldn't have helped her to regain the confidence she needed.
We know that he did not help her general confidence at all - IN ANY WAY - rather that he undermined her. She had a delightful website, he wished to take that over. He described her as menopausal, anxious (she wrote of anxiety in her book and how she had been an anxious teenager (who isn't?) and how she wished she could have told her anxious teenager, it would be alright and how it HAD been already since then.
Until - she lost her husband and went into the bowels of the most hideous deception any person could be partnered to.
His abuse of her aesthetic homemaking, allowing it to stink like 'a gerbil cage'* (Helen's word/s) without correcting this for her - helping to guide J & S towards Helen's need for a place of culture, quiet like her dream of her flat on Marleybone High Street. Was it Marleybone?- the little street behind Selfridges - near the Wallace Gallery.
He ignored any of her dreams. He ignored her brilliant writing apart from his theft of her words and the attempted theft of the money she had earned, along with her most beloved Partner in life. Something he was never going to become despite her 'diluted happiness' with him. A happiness she clutched at through the storm of grief.
And she was not 'besotted' by him. I refuse to accept cheap journalistic comments - was that on Ch 5?
She was only accepting that she was given a second chance of happiness and it felt to be safe and comfortable after the terrible storm of pain.
But she gave him more credit than he ever gave Helen and that is the thorn in my heart now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478