GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the trustee would be "obliged" to exclude them if they are not named beneficiaries. I do think it is a possibility that Helen's brother might try to help them out with a roof over their head. The murder was nothing to do with them and now they are homeless. I think Helen's family are genuinely lovely people and I can see them being benevolent under these circumstances.

Totally agree on all points IB. What worries me is how the son's are going to be able to reconcile everything that's happened and still find it in themselves to accept such compassion and benevolence.

Right now they will be in shock and turmoil and only later will they somehow work through and take stock of what it now means to be them and be able to look ahead.

I'm not sure why we are speculating and discussing the will and what people are going to get or what we think they should get tbh. It's none of our business and not anything to do with us.

Sorry. I'm just uneasy with the chat about not thinking the sons should get anything etc. It's absolutely nothing to do with any of us. Let the family sort it out as they will do what's best and right for them.

Basically I think as long as IS gets nada, which is definitely going to be the case we should all be leaving it at that. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yepsie, agreed x

Matt Gooding (@MattGoodingCN) tweeted at 10:10 AM on Thu, Feb 23, 2017:
Powerful front page on today's paper - lots of coverage of the horrible Helen Bailey case inside. https://t.co/f1EVXB0vCS

There was some talk, back on an earlier thread, of IS not being able to have any money from Hartwell Lodge.

The rule ( law ? ) about if a couple are joint tenants ( as opposed to tenants in common ) and the scenario of one partner murdering the other.
The law ? says that in this situation, they look upon this as though the murderer has pre deceased the victim, and therefore the whole of the property is claimed by the victim ( in this case Helen's estate ).

I think that would be brilliant. Take away the thing that is dearest to IS - money.

As to whether the house will sell. Yes, it will and probably at the asking price - value at the moment is about £1.7million.
Thank you for.ypur reply. I am pleased to hear that not only will Ian not benefit from his crimes, but also loose out altogether. Yes, that is what will hurt him the most - at least he will feel something!!!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Yes that came out in the trial, he was declared an 'official' suspect at end of June.

This is from the Guardian on the 30 May (https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...issing-mystery-disappearance-childrens-author) He was clearly a suspect back then.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 201
I am very happy he was convicted. I don't mean to be a wet blanket but maybe planting a flower for Helen and Boris. (People don't realize those pretty balloons seem to end up over the sea and hurt the animals more than you can imagine.) Sorry to be Debbie Downer! Just a suggestion not a criticism .( signed,Sheila: a lurker who lives on an island, who's parents met over homocides ( reporter and detective)...and I survived an attempted homocide. (Spouse)

Thank you Sheila, I was going to say the same, balloon releases and those awful lit lanterns cause massive damage to the environment and to wild animals and sea creatures. I'm totally against them. I like the idea someone suggested of planting snowdrops. They last forever and I may do exactly that later in the year when the time is right.

At first Stewart managed to convince police officers that Helen had genuinely disappeared.

Having learned a bit about 'disappearances" thanks to some famous cases, I really think this is unlikely. Especially in light of how UK police have significantly improved their media control since a couple of cases I won't mention!

The police develop competing theories of the case, and then as they investigate evidence will tend to support one theory - showing them where the truth lies.

In this case the theories were obvious from the start

1. A fight
2. An affair
3. Suicide
4. Stranger murder
5. IS whot dunnit

Obviously fears over Helen heightened swiftly when she was not using her phone or bank accounts - meaning 3 , 4 and 5 become more likely.

3 swiftly becomes unlikely when no body turns up.

So I think we can see that IS would have been one of the main theories of the case, if not the main theory of the case from very early in the investigation.

I think the trustee would be "obliged" to exclude them if they are not named beneficiaries. I do think it is a possibility that Helen's brother might try to help them out with a roof over their head. The murder was nothing to do with them and now they are homeless. I think Helen's family are genuinely lovely people and I can see them being benevolent under these circumstances.

I would hope that when IS's equity is released from the house, he will give it to the boys to enable them buy a home. Is that too much for me to hope?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know what I think of all these people coming forward now to have their say. I partly understand it and partly think it's a bit of a sell out.

I just read about Helen's parents having her in the house the night before her funeral, I'm so glad that was possible. I wondered if her parents had been able to travel for the funeral but it seems that Helen went to them.

They are actually not coming out of the woodwork now, it's just what they have to say can only be said now that the case is over and no longer covered by the sub judice rules. We only get away with what we say here because this site is not based in the UK. Most of them were probably interviewed weeks ago.

Thank you for.ypur reply. I am pleased to hear that not only will Ian not benefit from his crimes, but also loose out altogether. Yes, that is what will hurt him the most - at least he will feel something!!!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I am not 100% on that Janeh, but I am hoping it will happen

Thank you Sheila, I was going to say the same, balloon releases and those awful lit lanterns cause massive damage to the environment and to wild animals and sea creatures. I'm totally against them. I like the idea someone suggested of planting snowdrops. They last forever and I may do exactly that later in the year when the time is right.

Nice idea. We did that to commemorate young war dead from an old grammar school.( WW1 )

I didn't want to be a party pooper but yes I often pick up "magic lanterns" when we're up walking in the mountains here.

Courtroom 1 at St Albans Crown Court fills up again ahead of sentencing of Ian Stewart for murder of his fiancé Helen Bailey @itvanglia

One thing that I haven't seen addressed anywhere - surely the sons, or at least the one who lived at home, must have been aware of the existence of the 'well' and the futile emptying of the other septic tank, but did not mention anything to help the police investigation in this regard at all and it was left to the neighbour's daughter and previous owner to alert the police.

They both lived at the house.

I wouldn't assume that they did know about the tank being searched as they were presumably out of the house at work while the searches were taking place. I'm not sure, in their position, it would ever occur to me that my parent might had hidden a dead body on the premises.

Here we go...for the last time

Tara Cox‏@TaraCoxCN 2m2 minutes ago

Ian Stewart's sentencing for the murder of Helen Bailey has now been called on. Our latest live coverage is here:

I would hope that when IS's equity is released from the house, he will give it to the boys to enable them buy a home. Is that too much for me to hope?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He'll be paying Flint's legal fees and probably funding a futile future appeal attempt. Doubt there'll be anything left after that.

They both lived at the house.

I wouldn't assume that they did know about the tank being searched as they were presumably out of the house at work while the searches were taking place. I'm not sure, in their position, it would ever occur to me that my parent might had hidden a dead body on the premises.

Looking at the computer model, were we wrong in believing the "modern" septic tank was actually part of the same system as the cess pit?

Were they definitely connected?

I see the police say that IS only became a suspect in June - but one supposes this is merely to protect them legally when they were speaking to IS informally.

Seeing him in those interviews, one suspects he was a hot suspect right from the start

I have had good information, I can't say too much about from whom because I'm sworn to secrecy. (It's not OBF!).

The main points are he was under suspicion from the very start, mainly from the way he behaved while alone with family liaison officers and his anxiety whenever the garden was searched. Also his own lawyers absolutely loathed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB