GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bumping this back up from page 1 of this thread. We've not heard any more from Mr Cropley...be interested to get some details and corroboration on the BIBs below.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/293230...ture-dachsund/

Childhood friend Richard Cropley, 51, said Stewart had been left scarred physically and psychologically after plunging through a plate glass window in his teens.

He said the murderer also spent months off work after a serious head injury at work in his twenties.

He added: “It caused a number of quite serious medical problems.”

Stewart had claimed almost £1,900 a month for 20 years from an insurance policy he activated when unable to work from 1996......

Changing the subject but one of the Squamlets won a little prize at school today and look what she chose. She obviously has no idea about Helen and Boris but still, I thought it was cheering.

23d33f96e74db24fba43e551ed3a9109.jpg

How lovely, a beautiful choice from one of your little Squamlets. Also well done for getting a prize .x

Alyce, I tried to respond to your Courts page and it turned out to be gobbledegook. Not sure why :(. Just a jumble of letters.

So rather than try again I thought I would cut and paste the section that I find very odd. It seems he has been given a parole eligibility date of less than 4 years away! How can that be? Or is that standard practice?

Public Protection Sentence : Minimum to Serve - Years: 34
Total Sentence : 34 Years
Parole Eligibility Date (PED) : 22/1/2021

It must be a typo surely

The 22nd would be correct, as I think July 22 was the date of the first Crown Court hearing, when he is then put into remand until the trial

so 34 years from then should be July 22, 2050

ETA
have just gone back to have another look - had to log in this time to get the info.

date has not changed. still showing January 22, 2021...can only think someone has entered a parole date based on FOUR years instead of 34 years ? Big mistake to make though surely

have copied over a small section of Judge Bright's remarks ( same as we already have on the thread ) just to confirm that he definately has given a 34 year sentence.

I set the minimum term for your life imprisonment at 34 years less the time you have spent on remand which will count in full towards that minimum term. I will invite counsel to agree the exact number of days which my Clerk will specify in the formal written Order when it is drawn up. I acknowledge that such a minimum term will mean that you will be 90 years of age before you become eligible to apply for parole but I am not inclined to reduce the minimum term which I consider to be appropriate on account of your age.

I get the feeling that a neighbour perhaps took this conservatory shot because of the timing of it's release alongside other neighbours' revelations.

I also get the vibe that neither wanted their photo taken but it's frustrating that the journalists don't ask for the date of the photos so I suppose this could have been taken at any point over the 3 years.

[Snipped and BIB added by me]

Leaving the body language aside, I don't think that is the house they bought in Royston. I think that's his house in Bassingbourn. Helen lived there for a while [either full or part time] with him and his sons before she bought the big house opposite the common in Royston.

The furniture does not look 'right' for Helen, and the modern window style matches his old house, rather than her/their conservatory in the new house.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?330092-UK-TRIAL-Helen-Bailey-51-Royston-11-April-2016-11-GUILTY!&p=13184968#post13184968

I can't believe that if he had a head injury he wouldn't have mentioned it during his mammoth wander down medical memory lane.

It must be a typo surely

The 22nd would be correct, as I think July 22 was the date of the first Crown Court hearing, when he is then put into remand until the trial

ETA
have just gone back to have another look - had to log in this time to get the info.

date has not changed. still showing January 22, 2021...can only think someone has entered a parole date based on FOUR years instead of 34 years ? Big mistake to make though surely

have copied over a small section of Judge Bright's remarks ( same as we already have on the thread ) just to confirm that he definately has given a 34 year sentence.

I set the minimum term for your life imprisonment at 34 years less the time you have spent on remand which will count in full towards that minimum term. I will invite counsel to agree the exact number of days which my Clerk will specify in the formal written Order when it is drawn up. I acknowledge that such a minimum term will mean that you will be 90 years of age before you become eligible to apply for parole but I am not inclined to reduce the minimum term which I consider to be appropriate on account of your age.

The parole date surely must be from when sentenced, not when charged? One could have been found Not Guilty after all, so sentence has to be from when found Guilty and sentenced.

ETA just seen your later addition Alyce, so time on remand has to be taken into account.

The parole date surely must be from when sentenced, not when charged? One could have been found Not Guilty after all, so sentence has to be from when found Guilty and sentenced.

ETA just seen your later addition Alyce.

I have enquired. Will let you know if they reply.

deleted rest of my post as doesnt add up !

How lovely, a beautiful choice from one of your little Squamlets. Also well done for getting a prize .x

Thank you, she is writing a novel in it now. The first page reads "The sosij dog did a poo", with illustration. She's got a way to go before she rivals Helen's skill.

I have lived in the area most of my life, Hitchin was the only hospital until the lister in Stevenage opened (the late sixties I think) it did not have a maternity unit until the very late seventies. So if he was born in hospital it will have been Hitchin and therefore registered there.

If he was born in Letchworth, he would still have been registered in Hitchin Registration District. That's how it works. Each Registration District has a catchment area, and Letchworth comes under Hitchin (now called Hitchin & Stevenage RD).

https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/hitchin.html

It must be a typo surely

ETA

Thank you Alyce. From what you say it looks as though the year and the month could be wrong. I wonder if it was misinterpretation of poor handwriting. The judge made it clear no parole before the end of his minimum term of 34 years. So no parole is possible after he has served half his sentence. Can he appeal that?

I can't believe that if he had a head injury he wouldn't have mentioned it during his mammoth wander down medical memory lane.

Certainly strange I agree Squamous. c/p ing CW's link here :

Childhood friend Richard Cropley, 51, said Stewart had been left scarred physically and psychologically after plunging through a plate glass window in his teens.

He said the murderer also spent months off work after a serious head injury at work in his twenties.

Does sound from this as separate incidents, one in his teens and one in his twenties. ???

Thank you, she is writing a novel in it now. The first page reads "The sosij dog did a poo", with illustration. She's got a way to go before she rivals Helen's skill.

Oh I love 'sosij dog'.... Never forget - Mighty Oaks from Little Acorns Grow. ;)

Every limb of Helen's is pointing away from him, while he almost slouches towards her.

And she's almost tightly folding herself up. Is this another sign of subconscious disgust? and wanting to protect herself?

I was surprised by that pose, as I would have expected to see him leaning away from her. The impression I've had is that she was keener on him than he was on her.

However, there may have been another person on that sofa to the right, who has been cropped out. In which case IS would be leaning away from that person.

It may even have been taken at somebody else's house.
I agree that neither of them look particularly happy with being photographed.

Any news on the WS's 'helping police with their enquiries' situation as of last evening? :)

Certainly strange I agree Squamous. c/p ing CW's link here :

Does sound from this as separate incidents, one in his teens and one in his twenties. ???

It does. Maybe that damaged his brain? How many more afflictions can one man have. He's like a walking medical encyclopedia of ills.

Thank you Alyce. From what you say it looks as though the year and the month could be wrong. I wonder if it was misinterpretation of poor handwriting. The judge made it clear no parole before the end of his minimum term of 34 years. So no parole is possible after he has served half his sentence. Can he appeal that?

Yes could be the writing.

So 22 / 1 / 2021 should be 22 / 7 / 2051

so someone has misread the 7 and put 1 instead

and again, they have misread 5 and put 2 instead

very bad mistakes to make if that is what's happened.

I think he can appeal length of sentence yes... and am sure he will have a go.

What a wonderful description - sums him up perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member