GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to make a little book of loveliness for Helen. If I can get this together, I wish to give all profit to Dachshund Rescue or Dog Trust.
I wish to focus on Helen's pleasures - flowers, ceramics, Emma Bridgewater, cups of tea, Merlot/Champagne.
London aspects of her pleasure.
I shall write this in poetic, small cameos in memory of her loveliness. I would love to pull it off - and in the process of forming ideas. It would be so good if you were to contribute one of your special memories of her - as I intend to write this from all of us. (Memories are about all she loved - not him!!) x

It's a nice idea, but I think you should be seeking ideas from people who knew Helen personally. Otherwise you will only be making guesses and deductions as to her favourite things, and I am sure there is a lot that she didn't share in her writing.

'Book of Loveliness' ☺

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like fast cars - zipping around a map on my palm,
until new beginnings where I couldn't engage a gear.
losing my driving force, settling in loveliness -
settling in new beginnings of Snowdrops for a step forward into now -
lurking under the earth waiting in my pain - growing for me.

It's a nice idea, but I think you should be seeking ideas from people who knew Helen personally. Otherwise you will only be making guesses and deductions as to her favourite things, and I am sure there is a lot that she didn't share in her writing.

I was only doing a poetic aspect - and I shall write this from within my own feelings - but I do see your pov as a failing in me making it more global. x

I shall continue to write my own words about Helen - and I am happy to hold them in a private space - or to share them, if choosing to do so.

I do understand what you are addressing, Cherwell - but we are all allowed some of our own magical connection during this whole story of our love of Helen - and I do not believe she would have found me 'out of place' in writing.

My favourite photo of Helen and Boris.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Helen 11 and Boris.jpg
    Helen 11 and Boris.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 288
I have enquired. Will let you know if they reply.

deleted rest of my post as doesnt add up !

Hi Alyce, do you have news about the Parole Eligibility Date (PED) : 22/1/2021??

I want to make a little book of loveliness for Helen. If I can get this together, I wish to give all profit to Dachshund Rescue or Dog Trust.
I wish to focus on Helen's pleasures - flowers, ceramics, Emma Bridgewater, cups of tea, Merlot/Champagne.
I shall write this in poetic, small cameos in memory of her loveliness. I would love to pull it off - and in the process of forming ideas. It would be so good if you were to contribute one of your special memories of her - as I intend to write this from all of us. (Memories are about all she loved - not him!!) x

Not sure what/who you mean by ‘all of us’, but please do not include me.

Joely it's a wonderful idea. Anyway we're all anonymous. We came together having been touched in some way by knowing Helen or responding to her writings. No need to be uncivil if you disagree. We stayed together through an awful trial because of mutual kindness didn't we?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry you misunderstood me - of course, I would not include anyone against their wishes. And note your post.

Bless you Joely. I am sure what you do will be a fitting tribute to Helen. I didn't know her but her comments on surviving school felt spot on to me. Sweet Cinnamon, you put the rest better than I was struggling to..

I didn't know Helen so don't think I can contribute to anything.

I am glad she lived, I am glad we have a record of her contribution to the world.

My memories are of that work and my impression of an amazing human being.

I will keep that inside me, I will let it inspire me and will think of her in the future.

Hi Alyce, do you have news about the Parole Eligibility Date (PED) : 22/1/2021??

Morning ZaZara. No, I have heard nothing further. Sent a few messages but no response at all. Very odd. Not odd that they have not responded to me, but odd that no amendment has been made to the date.
Seems they do not check their info once it is posted.

Lovely idea Joely. I am sure you will indeed pull it off.

As others have also said, I also did not know Helen, only knew of her through her writing.
You have covered so many of the things we know of her with her likes and interests.
My over riding memory of Helen is her wonderful ability to make readers feel as though she was talking just to them. I think this is why many of us feel we * know* her, even though we have never met.
And as her brother John wrote on the blog, if that was how Helen made us feel, then it was very accurate, as she was exactly in real life just the way she came across in print.

I am going to steal a bit of Florrie's post, as it sums up how I feel. Helen was a very special lady and for many personal reasons, I can relate to aspects of her life. I will always remember her and let her memory inspire me.

Helen is certainly an inspiration. Thankfully, we are able to capture her beauty above/beyond the weeks of IS's trial. I know the Trial affected us - and there were many sleepless nights, thinking of Helen's family and friends - and IS's family - whilst we waited for the Jury and Judge to speak their conclusive words.
The WS were glad of justice - and then felt low and in a deep sense of Helen and Boris's loss.
And the flatness in wondering if we shall ever know - if IS shall ever be brought to record on his relationship with Diane - shall anyone ever know if he was involved in her dying - or an innocent distraught husband!
We are anxious to know more - and we have our individual opinions - but we know - whatever the outcome of an investigation - it shall not change the life of IS. But only potentially harm, further, the life of his family.

I am sure many of you feel the miss of one another, whilst we waited to speak and share together each day in this painful WS loss. All WS work must meet pain and frustration - and I commend you doing it 'over and over' in your mind-blowing expertise. But I know you shall go on to other valuable work for others, without ever forgetting Helen - and those who lost their lives before her - whilst sadly, their are others now and shall be in future who need your wisdom and love.

After nightmares of a possibility of IS escaping the truth - and returning to Hartwell. I did not believe this possible but shared in worry until the Jury's final word. I also felt flat and sad and 'nothing can bring Helen and Boris back'.

But writing of her each day has been a great healer - it may not ever be healing for others .. but I loved being wakened during last night to hear the tinkle of a cheese deli store - the ring was in my ear - and I was thinking of all the cheese in the world, which Helen had loved. It is a way of dancing words with her - and my love of all of you WS people x

There was nothing uncivil about Porkypies' post. It was just forthright. Why do you feel you have the right to lecture people, SC? As for your last sentence, you weren't around for much of the trial as I recall, and I for one stayed with this excellent series of threads because of its intelligence, wit and regard for truth. I don't think coercive sentimentality is doing much for Helen's memory.

I'm aware on revisiting the thread that those who are now contributing will view my comment as terrible 'incivility': it will be my last.

I'm not lecturing Moll! I was around actually until I joined WS. I'm not clued up with tech and it took me a while to figure out and install the software. Merely standing up for someone I thought was a bit fragile as I am. I came to Helen's writings when I was desperate with grief at losing my husband.

I for one stayed with this excellent series of threads because of its intelligence, wit and regard for truth. I don't think coercive sentimentality is doing much for Helen's memory.

Very much agree. Helen appeared to me a very much down to earth/say it like it is type of person.

I'm aware on revisiting the thread that those who are now contributing will view my comment as terrible 'incivility': it will be my last.

Wrong...and... if we hear more about Diane you'd better be back here.

Thank you Sweet Cinnamon for your kind words when I was rather taken aback by Porkypies' response to my idea of writing a little booklet of loveliness in memory of Helen Bailey. I may have misunderstood her - but it seemed unnecessarily curt. Of course, I would NOT ever presume to include people who were averse to any idea.
I am not intending to have a discussion here on who is right and who is wrong. It wasn't ever my, or any of our choice, to be in debate against one another. We all have different ways of expressing our connection with Helen and Boris's death and the following Trial of IS. Each person has a right to their own focus, and within that range of focus we have had such amazing posts within this thread.
We have had detective wizards, always bringing us back to fact, within their gift. We have had direct description from St Albans' Court. Others sharing their medical knowledge and experience of ailments. Or being within a relationship with a coercive or psychopathic controller.
There has been a lovely sharing of dogs - and love of Boris included within this.
We have talked of flowers, which Helen loved. We have actually bought Emma Bridgewater mugs along the way, whilst we connected and waited for Justice for Helen.
I am so thankful to have read such diversity. I didn't ever claim to be a true WS - I said from the beginning that I may offer little in 'detective' analysis but I was so glad to be welcomed for my own leanings towards emotions. I do not call this 'sentimentality', which is often viewed as pejorative.
Helen - yes - I am sure was 'down to earth' but I do feel she would appreciate discussion around emotion and allow for others to speak their individual feelings.
This is sad that we should have any lack of appreciation of one another - after one of the most poignant and heartfelt exchanges for a beautifully kind being who lost her life through love and kindness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member