GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fiance seemed a 'good guy' - witness

In a statement in May of last year, Mr Patrick said: “Helen said Ian made her happy, as did his sons, they had accepted her into the family. “I met Stewart once in October 2014. We were pleased to see there was a strong relationship between Helen and Stewart. “There was a glow that came from the couple and they were nice to be around. “Stewart was very different from John, but he seemed a good guy and we were happy for them.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-more-12512651

Helen Bailey discussed litigation matters with witness

In re-examination by the prosecution, Mr Patrick said the last time Helen spoke of litigation matters was during a phone call in October 2014. “I believe that was in the hands of her accountants and financial advisors by that stage. I’m not sure if lawyers were involved at that time, but it was heading in that direction”. That concludes Mr Patrick’s evidence.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-more-12512651

Thankyou for the updates Alyce.

I need to go back and check the evidence to find out why he made such errors by doing the 2nd& 3rd standing order attempt so late on the day.
For life of me can't u'stand how he could have fluffed the first attempt (despite having all her passwords etc) and thus have made it look as if she had made the change prior to her disappearance. ( Succeeding within the timeframe of the afternoon would've avoided his trouble here .)

I always took the police statement to mean that IS had all of Helen's passwords.
But pehaps they were only referring to FB, email, social media accounts - and not the bank accounts.
Because surely he would not have had this problem otherwise.

ETA .... The POA was drawn up in 2015 ( May I think )......... so it would not be unreasonable to think that IS would have had the bank passwords as well, in case of sudden emergency with regard to Helen. Am sure that, if he didnt have the passwords, as now seems obvious, he did his best to persuade Helen to give them to him !

Former colleague gives evidence

The next witness is David Jensen. Giving evidence, Mr Jensen said he came to know Helen Bailey who worked at PSL. He said he worked as financial advisor for the company.
Mr Jensen said: “I’d known Helen for many years as a . colleague. I wouldn’t say socially I knew her well at all. “I left PSL in 2005. “There is no ongoing dispute between me and Helen Bailey’s estate.”

This guy, I presume, not content with snooping on her blog comments was also rummaging through her dead husband's diaries. Cant be a coincidence

If Joe and Nick were to become part of the story why did IS leave it until December to mention them? I think he had been in custody since July and therefore no access to anything belonging to HB. So, who gleaned this information for him or did he just forget? !!

she talks about this DJensen litigation issue in her blog, wish I could remember the date now to re-find it.

If Joe and Nick were to become part of the story why did IS leave it until December to mention them? I think he had been in custody since July and therefore no access to anything belonging to HB. So, who gleaned this information for him or did he just forget? !!

Yes, I edited my OPost after I came back to the screen - a hint, but then all us Wsleuthers are sceptics.

And where were the diaries while he was in custody? And who confirmed that the names Joe and Nick were in them? I guess he may have read them long ago and wondered who Nick and Joe were and only thought to blame it on them while he had some "thinking time" . If not that then the plot thickens...

At least now we know where the names came from as I was beginning to think he was a secret Jonas brothers fan.

No debt of £100,000 to estate, former colleague says

Mr Jensen added: “I have never spoken to Helen since John Sinfield’s funeral.” Mr Jensen is now being cross examined by the defence. He denied owing John Sinfield’s estate close to £100,000. “No one’s demanded any specific amount of money at any stage.” He denied taking assets out of MusicScope, so that there was no money to go towards John Sinfield’s estate share. “Quite the contrary, John Sinfield’s estate on his death owed MusicScope £30,000” he tells the court.

she talks about this DJensen litigation issue in her blog, wish I could remember the date now to re-find it.

I remember her mentioning that something legal was about come to ahead. Was she going to make a financial loss or not receive money she'd been expecting? Another trigger for the next stage of IS' plan?

It's almost more convenient for IS that JS hasn't added any surnames for Joe & Nick, apparently! Unless Mr Jensen can supply them?

CPurple ^ I came across it t'other day, she didn't mention the man by name but it was an unflattering description.

Ex-colleague completes evidence

That’s the end of Mr Jensen’s evidence.

I am sure you are remembering correctly. I haven't read her blog but I know you to be diligent. Why would Jensen lie in court if there had been some sort of litigation and evidence of it published in her blog? I am sure someone on here will find it for us. That might throw a big spanner in the works!

Another interesting contradiction in what IS says and what others say

Following the walk on 22 May last year, Stewart messaged Nolan-Latchford to tell her he was going on holiday.

Her statement said: “Out of the blue, on Friday 10 June, the phone rang and he announced that he was going on holiday to Spain. He stated he was going on holiday because he had booked it with Helen and couldn’t get his money back.

“He had decided to go on his own; he also said his mental health adviser had said he needed the break.”

But on Wednesday, psychiatric nurse Sarah Tooley told the court she had not given the defendant any views on the holiday, but simply “went through the plans” with him.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...+theguardian/hJng+(World+news+|+The+Guardian)
Yeah I reckon he was hoping to get her approval so he could say (to police or friends/family) that it was her idea and then when she didn't he thought he'd say it anyway.

Why would Jensen lie in court if there had been some sort of litigation and evidence of it published in her blog?

Surely there must also be correspondence between Helen and her accountant etc with respect this money problems with Jensen. He also says there is no ongoing dispute with her. Maybe there was and he dropped it after her death. Economical with the truth maybe?

Apologies if this has been written about or posted on here previously.

Extract from Helen's blog 'Planet Grief' - dated 23rd February 2016:

Things have been difficult here since just after Christmas, and it continues to be an anxious and challenging time. I’m sorry for my vagueness. I’m not keeping anything secret, it’s just that I can’t yet write about what is happening because I don’t know the outcome, and I can’t bring myself to put fingers to keyboard. In my mind, it’s all too frightening at the moment.

This is the link: http://planetgrief.com/2016/02/23/stop-gap/

Helen might well have been referring to IS's illness and her fears over that. I prefer to think that it wasn't that she had any forebodings about his true nature.

Thanks so much for providing that quote icemaiden. From the way it's worded I personally feel sure she is referring to IS' possible cancer. After losing JS so tragically, she may have felt more foreboding about it than would be typical. I don't wish to sound trite here, but if only his diagnosis had been terminal! Helen would have been devastated to lose another partner tragically - and she'd have had no inkling of the tragic fate it would have rescued her from.

I am sure you are remembering correctly. I haven't read her blog but I know you to be diligent. Why would Jensen lie in court if there had been some sort of litigation and evidence of it published in her blog? I am sure someone on here will find it for us. That might throw a big spanner in the works!

I don't think he's denying any litigation, is he? Just the specifics of the questions he is being asked. He's clear that he thinks JS's estate owed this business £30k and that Helen felt the business owed JS's estate.

Maybe it had to do with knowledge of evidence.

If I remember rightly, the main case management hearing ( or pre trial hearing as I think they are now called ) was in October 2016. I think that would be the first time IS and his defence team were given full view of all the evidence held by the Prosecution.

So until October, IS is thinking he will deny everything, no problem.

Then he is told how much evidence the Prosecution has and realises he needs a back up story.
Enter Joe and Nick in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members