GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=twitter;828567298273325057]https://twitter.com/ChloeKeedyITV/status/828567298273325057[/video]

and
Court hears that Stewart told GC he saw Helen + Boris walking away down the lane but that he told her colleague he came home to note 2/2
and
Defence counsel to GC re. her recollection - 'I put to you that this is completely wrong. (Stewart) never said any such thing' @itvanglia
and
GC tells court she did ask Stewart why Helen would leave a note if he saw her walking down the lane. Says she got no answer @itvanglia

back to tara:

“We were talking about Stewart’s daily routines. He was talking about having friends round and cooking for them, we spoke about going for walks. “I asked him if he was going for walks by himself or with dogs. “He said ‘we had a dog’ as if the dog was not there anymore and this was something that stuck in my mind. “As soon as he left myself and my colleague Gill had a discussion about this.” Ursula Dlugon is now being cross examined by the defence. She confirms that people had been encouraging Stewart to go on holiday, and he said he was not sure. “In my opinion there was a low risk of him harming himself on holiday, so it was a good idea for him to go.”

Catching up here but all this evidence this morning is clear the psychiatric professionals were uneasy about everything from the word go. This evidence is totally damning and the hilarious thing is it was all self referred by IS. He's thought he was clever enough to get back up and all he's done is alarm them to his very odd behaviour in the circumstances. He's a total idiot, so arrogant and assured of himself that he thinks no one else can read what he's up to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He may have had 84 tablets over 11 years stored up, all still effective.

However I'm sure the Defence will get stuck into that one, saying it's menopause etc.

and toxicology on available hair makes it unprovable.

Personally I think he was drugging her over a long-term period though.

I agree. Drugging her when it suited him.

July 2012 searches for tiredness!!

and

context for april 8th and thereabouts :
Solicitor Mr Penn said that there was a due to be a further appointment with Helen on 2.30pm on April 8, but he assumes this to have been cancelled as it was crossed out in his diary.

April 5, Margaret Holson “The last time I saw Helen would be April 5, she appeared absolutely fine. She came round after texting that Ian’s tumour was benign and that her life could begin.”
Celebrating at Royston gastro-pub must have been around the 8th or 9th ( HB Twitter)

Oh that's interesting. I didnt realise Helen had sent a text to Margaret, before going round.
That makes it sound as though Helen had just received the information.

Am not saying that that is when IS got the all clear of course - he probably delayed telling Helen - didnt want those pesky wedding plans back on the agenda.

Re the lunch, my best guess would be April 6 or 7
April 4 - Helen asleep 8am to 1pm
April 5 - going round to Margarets
April 6 or 7 for the lunch
April 8 - asleep again
April 9 - making cottage pie for everyone

just thought......isnt it odd ( well a bit ) that they didnt all go out to celebrate - say on the Saturday or Sunday, being as the sons would also be around.
Considering it was being made out to be such a major trauma in ISs life, I would have thought a family celebration would have been more normal.

Oh that's interesting. I didnt realise Helen had sent a text to Margaret, before going round.
That makes it sound as though Helen had just received the information.

Am not saying that that is when IS got the all clear of course - he probably delayed telling Helen - didnt want those pesky wedding plans back on the agenda.

Re the lunch, my best guess would be April 6 or 7
April 4 - Helen asleep 8am to 1pm
April 5 - going round to Margarets
April 6 or 7 for the lunch
April 8 - asleep again
April 9 - making cottage pie for everyone

just thought......isnt it odd ( well a bit ) that they didnt all go out to celebrate - say on the Saturday or Sunday, being as the sons would also be around.
Considering it was being made out to be such a major trauma in ISs life, I would have thought a family celebration would have been more normal.

Noted IS enthusiasm for getting the house sale through, getting POA and wills done but when it comes to the wedding it appears it's Helen who is pushing that forward. He had no interest in ever marrying her. I really think poor Helen had been so devastated by her loss she's completely deluded herself with IS. She's projected a whole lovely personality onto him that just isn't there. He's a total lazy waster of a man. Such a shame it came to this.

<RSBM>

Look at the 7th post (by Copper). It would appear that the Data Protection Act, 1998 is still in force and hasn&#8217;t been amended so the information he provides still stands. I couldn't get the link to open in his post.

http://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?/topic/28123-cctv-in-the-streets/

Here's a link directly to the COP (Code of Practice) for CCTV as issued by the Information Commissioner's merry band. There is still no time limit - it's up to the CCTV owner, they can also store images on 'the cloud' providing they keep good audit trails and do not hold the images for 'longer than necessary'. It's always been rather woolly, right from the word go.

https://ico.org.uk/media/1542/cctv-code-of-practice.pdf

I wonder - does Gill know this from having talked with other people connected to IS ?

Or is this IS telling Gill that other people had been encouraging him ?

Oliver’s girlfriend, Alexandra McGarry said in XX:

“There were discussions with the family and it was decided IS would still go on the holiday he had booked for himself and Helen. It did him good to get away from it and put his mind on something else”.

Oliver&#8217;s girlfriend, Alexandra McGarry said in XX:

&#8220;There were discussions with the family and it was decided IS would still go on the holiday he had booked for himself and Helen. It did him good to get away from it and put his mind on something else&#8221;.

Who was "the family"? IS's parents? Helen's family? OS and JS? Probably irrelevant as it's pretty clear that the person who most wanted IS to go on holiday was IS himself.

<RSBM>

Look at the 7th post (by Copper). It would appear that the Data Protection Act, 1998 is still in force and hasn&#8217;t been amended so the information he provides still stands. I couldn't get the link to open in his post.

http://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?/topic/28123-cctv-in-the-streets/

from your link
"Most retail outlets require a system to store roughly 20 - 30 days due purely to the fact that based on the CCTV Code of practice, this is the approximate maximum amount of time that crimes such a fraud or concealed theft take to emerge. After 30 days the likely hood of an undetected crime being discovered are very very small and thus the footage is not relevent. However if the operator is waiting for police to view the footage they then have the ability to keep it until an officer can respond to view the footage."

Thanks

Another case i recently followed (Corrie Mckeague) some of the retail outlets re-recorded over their footage well before that 20-30 days.

I'd imagine that the Cambs. council run and train station CCTV( which I was particularly interested in) was archived for longer so I'm going to put to bed my earlier notion that he was hoping time would elapse before police had to be involved/ HB registered as missing with them for 30 days. ( So as to have no record of a Helen& Boris getting on a train to Broadstairs. )

ETA - just seen Icemaiden's extra information on this.

Who was "the family"? IS's parents? Helen's family? OS and JS? Probably irrelevant as it's pretty clear that the person who most wanted IS to go on holiday was IS himself.

It was implied in Alex's evidence that this was IS's family. It wasn't explicit.

"&#8220;When I saw Stewart before holiday he looked ill as if he hadn&#8217;t slept. When I saw him after holiday it was difficult due to the atmosphere as Ian was sad.
&#8220;There were discussions with the family and it was decided Ian would still go on the holiday he had booked for himself and Helen.
&#8220;It did him good to get away from it and put his mind on something else.
&#8220;Stewart is a very nice man, kind and patient. It seemed he would do anything for anyone. I got the impression he loved Helen very much and they seemed very happy with each other.&#8221;"

I know Dolly posted about the son's and their lack of apparent affection for Helen. At the time I thought that like a lot of young men in late teens/early twenties they were just so busy with life that it was a case of "Dads new partner, yes we like her and we take life as it is with no major thought" .

What's changed my mind slightly about this is their relating to Helen being missing with the words "the house wasn't the same without Boris". No mention at all of Helen.

Now obviously we are not in court so we don't know the nuances of how things have been said there. It could have come across better in the sharing than in the reporting.

I was taken though with the utter eradication of Helen in that comment.

I know lots of young men will use home as just a base from which they emerge to conduct a social life. They may take no part in the other stuff that goes on there....and thankfully this only lasts a few short years generally. However to miss Helen out completely was very telling.

Yes, Helen and Boris have gone missing and the observation is 'the house felt very different without Boris'. Hmmm... interesting comment. It reminds me of that old joke, 'My wife's run off with the next door neighbour, and gosh I do miss HIM'.

from your link
"Most retail outlets require a system to store roughly 20 - 30 days due purely to the fact that based on the CCTV Code of practice, this is the approximate maximum amount of time that crimes such a fraud or concealed theft take to emerge. After 30 days the likely hood of an undetected crime being discovered are very very small and thus the footage is not relevent. However if the operator is waiting for police to view the footage they then have the ability to keep it until an officer can respond to view the footage."

Thanks

Another case i recently followed (Corrie Mckeague) some of the retail outlets re-recorded over their footage well before that 20-30 days.

I'd imagine that the Cambs. council run and train station CCTV( which I was particularly interested in) was archived for longer so I'm going to put to bed my earlier notion that he was hoping time would elapse before police had to be involved/ HB registered as missing with them for 30 days. ( So as to have no record of a Helen& Boris getting on a train to Broadstairs. )

In practice they can store for as long as they wish - I know this from Government Departments who needed to be flexible and used the 'as long as deemed necessary' clause. In practice it led to one heck of a load of storage space which was a nightmare (in the days of physical storage). Agree that IS was hoping time would elapse.

Really minor point, his wife Diane was a school secretary and might at some point have discussed retention of the school's CCTV (in line with Cambridge's CCTV policies) with him as she most likely would have been the Data Protection Custodian within the school itself - overseen by the Local Education Authority of course.

Yes, Helen and Boris have gone missing and the observation is 'the house felt very different without Boris'. Hmmm... interesting comment. It reminds me of that old joke, 'My wife's run off with the next door neighbour, and gosh I do miss HIM'.

That said, a house that usually has a dog does feel super-empty without a dog. It is quite different to a person going in my opinion.

I'd have to compare the kitchen flooring etc Alyce - I assumed it was at a previous home?

photo is from here, but unclear
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...me-fuelling-theory-vanished-deliberately.html

I'm pretty sure that's her previous, Highgate home. There's another photo of her with Boris on her lap and IS, he is sitting on a staircase and Helen is wearing the same black jumper and jeans. She said this photo was taken for her as an extra by an estate agent's photographer when she was selling the house.

Helen's personality really stands out, doesn't it? People remember her so well and go the extra mile for her. I've never heard of an estate agent taking a few family snaps while doing the shots for Rightmove.

I'm so sorry that she ended up with that pathetic excuse for a human.

Just bringing this bit of cross by the Defence back up

DC Whalley is now being cross examined by the defence. The router found at the Royston house (previously the wireless router at Broadstairs) was in a box in the study, ready to be seen by anyone, he confirms. He confirms that if the wireless router was used as an extender in a house (to provide further wifi coverage in a large house, for example) the factory settings would need to be reset. That&#8217;s the end of DC Whalley&#8217;s evidence.

So Defence get DC Whalley to admit that the router was not hidden - although I wouldn't call packed away in a box in the study the same as being out in open view....

Defence also gets him to confirm that a second router can be used as a Wifi extender in a large house.
But the fact that it was in a box, in the study, shows it was not being used for this purpose

That's funny Dolly. ( post 1051)

meanwhile Ian stewart right now:

:scared: :sick: :liar::panic::bricks:

Kate Bradbrook &#8207;@katebradbrook 6m6 minutes ago

#helenbailey case: Police officer tells court Broadstairs router tested by police & came in contact with HB phone 16/4

5 days after she went missing. When router tested again it its box - it had been reset to factory setting

In practice they can store for as long as they wish - I know this from Government Departments who needed to be flexible and used the 'as long as deemed necessary' clause. In practice it led to one heck of a load of storage space which was a nightmare (in the days of physical storage). Agree that IS was hoping time would elapse.

Really minor point, his wife Diane was a school secretary and might at some point have discussed retention of the school's CCTV (in line with Cambridge's CCTV policies) with him as she most likely would have been the Data Protection Custodian within the school itself - overseen by the Local Education Authority of course.

That's very interesting icemaiden, thank you,esp. re. Diane, so I won't entirely dismiss the notion he might have been hoping that many records for 11th Apr, incl. Cambs council, would have been deleted.

Just bringing this bit of cross by the Defence back up

DC Whalley is now being cross examined by the defence. The router found at the Royston house (previously the wireless router at Broadstairs) was in a box in the study, ready to be seen by anyone, he confirms. He confirms that if the wireless router was used as an extender in a house (to provide further wifi coverage in a large house, for example) the factory settings would need to be reset. That&#8217;s the end of DC Whalley&#8217;s evidence.

So Defence get DC Whalley to admit that the router was not hidden - although I wouldn't call packed away in a box in the study the same as being out in open view....

Defence also gets him to confirm that a second router can be used as a Wifi extender in a large house.
But the fact that it was in a box, in the study, shows it was not being used for this purpose

And distracting from the most important part... why bring take the router from the house that Helen may have returned to anyway? Unless of course you know for sure that she's dead and isn't going to return and use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member