GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we going to spend the whole afternoon listening to IS's life history - only interested in Diane's death and his life with Helen ..

Setting the scene for him being a nice ordinary bloke who was clever enough not to get caught, not that he'd do anything bad in the first place :D

14:45
A jacket and boots still missing

DC Kerr is now being cross examined by the defence. She confirms that to the best of her knowledge, a green wax jacket, navy blue wellies and walking boots missing from the Royston house have not been found. Ian Stewart and his sons said these items could have been missing from the house following Helen’s disappearance. A yellow dog collar has also not been found.

IS said he took boxes to the tip on 11 April so he could easily have disposed of these items then, along with the green duvet cover. The safest place to have disposed of her phone would have been Spain.

ETA Apologies, I see this has already been dealt with. Still catching up.

15:11
Wife had 'serious' fit

“Diane then had another epileptic fit, she was in hospital, but the consequence of that was serious. “She was banned from driving for three years. She made up her mind that she wasn’t going to go back to work and was going to be a stay at home mum. “The main reason we moved to Bassingbourn was because we wanted more space. I then had less than a five minute drive to work. “We lived in a caravan whilst the house was being built on farmer’s land. “We had to borrow some money to buy the land.”

15:08
Stewart describes wife's health issues

“We managed somehow to pay the mortgage - the deposit was paid by my compensation for my earlier accident. “I didn’t complete my PhD course, that is always one regret of mine. I was offered too difficult a job to turn down. “In 1985 Diane and I got married. We had a nice traditional wedding. We moved into a semi-detached house. “I began working for a small company that made systems for motor engine analysis. “I was working outside of Cambridge and needed a car. Before either of the lads were born I bought an MG. My interest in those type of cars continued until Jamie was born. “I got another job at a much bigger company, based in Shepreth, about 10 miles from Cambridge. “Jamie was born in 1992, when I was still in Cambridge. “That didn’t go smoothly. Diane had had epileptic fits when she was about 16, during the pregnancy of Jamie she had very high blood pressure. “She was out shopping and had a fit then and there. I was called to hospital. “Jamie was not a natural birth, he was born by C section. It was a bit of a panic.”

Ah ok so his wife was epileptic.

The rest of his story is totally boring and irrelevant

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are thinking he might have done this after her death, I believe it only works with a living person, something to do with electrical charges. They had something similar on Silent Witness and they had to put an electrical discharge through the body to get the print access.

(From another lurker who has just come out!)

Thank you for the clarification, BM. Clearly, I need to start watching reruns of "Silent Witness!"

Alexandra Topping ‏@LexyTopping 2m2 minutes ago

Ian Stewart tells court his history under questioning from defence, including the fact he sold his vintage MG for a profit.

Someone here seemed to know she wasn't epileptic.

Chloe Keedy ‏@ChloeKeedyITV [video=twitter;828983497540923393]https://twitter.com/ChloeKeedyITV/status/828983497540923393[/video]More

Court hearing about Stewart's childhood. Grew up in Letchworth Garden City. Dad was a teacher. Mum secretary. Stewart went to local grammar

(Chloe is a bit behind, but thought I'd post in case there's any extra details).

Chloe Keedy ‏@ChloeKeedyITV [video=twitter;828984482694832128]https://twitter.com/ChloeKeedyITV/status/828984482694832128[/video]More

Stewart tells court he went to Salford University to study computer technology. Graduated with 1st.

Someone here seemed to know she wasn't epileptic.

It sounded from what her sister said on fb that it was a bit of a mystery. Not sure anyone had any direct evidence that she wasn't. Maybe more a feeling she wasn't. Idk....

Chloe Keedy ‏@ChloeKeedyITV [video=twitter;828984677365116930]https://twitter.com/ChloeKeedyITV/status/828984677365116930[/video]More

Stewart's voice cracks as he tells court about meeting his wife Diane Stewart at Salford University

Wouldn't it have been nice if someone was allowed to stand in the witness box and tell of Helen's life and achievements to date - because they very much supersede his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm - a Phd in computer graphics in 1985.
"“I didn’t complete my PhD course, that is always one regret of mine. I was offered too difficult a job to turn down".....in wait for it .......a small company that made systems for motor engine analysis. “I was working outside of Cambridge and needed a car.

not buying it.

Alexandra Topping ‏@LexyTopping 2m2 minutes ago

Ian Stewart tells court his history under questioning from defence, including the fact he sold his vintage MG for a profit.

Well that's reassuring to know isn't it. I think we'd all been worried about whether or not he made a profit when he sold his car!

It sounded from what her sister said on fb that it was a bit of a mystery. Not sure anyone had any direct evidence that she wasn't. Maybe more a feeling she wasn't. Idk....

No I just remember someone saying "she wasn't" very definitely.

15:16
Stewart describes his auto-immune disease

“During the work on the house I would find myself tired and unable to do anything quicker than my dad. “I realised something was wrong then (1994/95). “Oliver was born the same year, in May 1995. Diane was taking medication for epilepsy. “We moved into the house, it wasn’t finished but it was liveable. “I started to notice more and more things going wrong with my health. What really bought it to a head is that I was trying to hammer a nail in, and on the third bang my arm just wouldn’t move. “That’s what drove me to go to hospital. I was diagnosed almost instantly with Myasthenia gravis. “It is an auto-immune disease where the body is attacking itself. They gave me steroids. “A week later I was taken into intensive care because of the breathing problems. “The doctor’s don’t know what causes Myasthenia gravis - there is no known cure for it.”

15:16
Stewart describes his auto-immune disease

“During the work on the house I would find myself tired and unable to do anything quicker than my dad. “I realised something was wrong then (1994/95). “Oliver was born the same year, in May 1995. Diane was taking medication for epilepsy. “We moved into the house, it wasn’t finished but it was liveable. “I started to notice more and more things going wrong with my health. What really bought it to a head is that I was trying to hammer a nail in, and on the third bang my arm just wouldn’t move. “That’s what drove me to go to hospital. I was diagnosed almost instantly with Myasthenia gravis. “It is an auto-immune disease where the body is attacking itself. They gave me steroids. “A week later I was taken into intensive care because of the breathing problems. “The doctor’s don’t know what causes Myasthenia gravis - there is no known cure for it.”

Ah here we go, the sickly IS didn't even have the strength to hammer a nail let alone lift up a heavy cess pit lid and move a body...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper