GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
14:57
Accused tells of facial injury

Stewart went to Salford University, to study electronic computer systems, a three year degree course. “In 1978, this is how I got the scar on my cheek. I was going to Stevenage Leisure Centre to play sport with my friends. “It was icy, I put my hand on the door, my foot slipped and I went straight through the glass door. “The reason the accident happened was because there was the wrong glass in the door, which was found out later. “I got £7,000 compensation.”

Ah the glass door story just like our websleuther said!

Wonder why he's mentioned that .

He already had some payouts from her death, wonder why he hadn't claimed the 43k. Was it that he met Helen around the time the estate was all finalised and saw another source of income on the horizon or is there some financial advantage to leaving it unclaimed?

OR is it in the name of Jamie and Oliver (a Trust perhaps)?

The defence have obviously got bugger all to defend him with so they're going for a 'This is your Life' approach...yawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14:58
Stewart tells how he met his late wife

“My health got worse and worse, I ended up in bed for a week, I was diagnosed with glandular fever which meant I couldn’t take my first year of exams. “At the end of my second year I was top of the course. “I met Diane at the beginning of my third and final year. Diane was studying languages. “We met in the canteen and I stole a chip off her plate. That’s how we met”. Stewart’s voice breaks as he talks about how he met his late wife.

Yes. A natural progression I can see.... stealing chips to STEALING MONEY!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14:58
Stewart tells how he met his late wife

“My health got worse and worse, I ended up in bed for a week, I was diagnosed with glandular fever which meant I couldn’t take my first year of exams. “At the end of my second year I was top of the course. “I met Diane at the beginning of my third and final year. Diane was studying languages. “We met in the canteen and I stole a chip off her plate. That’s how we met”. Stewart’s voice breaks as he talks about how he met his late wife.

Even at Salford Uni, he would have been a lecturers nightmare.
So he got a third then? And learnt how illness could be very effective. Scammer.

Ok - I take it back. You got a first.

ETA - no , actually , I don't believe a word of this. The Camb Uni PHD interview etc.

15:02
Couple set up home in Cambridge

“I graduated with a first class honours and got the course prize. Diane had another three years to go of her studies. “I got a job in Hitchin working for computer process control. “I did miss being a student. I’d been to an interview at Cambridge University and went to study for a PHD in computer graphics. “The relationship with Diane continued at that time. “Once she completed her studies she moved to Cambridge and moved in with me. It didn’t go down well with her parents at the time. “We bought our first house together right in the centre of Cambridge.”

scar on his cheek incident.
Who cares? ........ you supreme narcissist.

ah , i get it, you care, cause you got £7K for that.

I can't help it, it's reminding me of Dr Evil's little speech when he was in the therapy group in Austin Powers "The details of my life are quite inconsequential...."

14:57
Accused tells of facial injury

Stewart went to Salford University, to study electronic computer systems, a three year degree course. “In 1978, this is how I got the scar on my cheek. I was going to Stevenage Leisure Centre to play sport with my friends. “It was icy, I put my hand on the door, my foot slipped and I went straight through the glass door. “The reason the accident happened was because there was the wrong glass in the door, which was found out later. “I got £7,000 compensation.”

Just as the old school friend said! Nice!

wow
indeed: how very odd and unexpected. What is the 'estate' referring to? could it be that he was just dumb and didn't know about this bit? He obviously got the benefit of the property and insurance though. Still, a bit of a turn up for the defence's books. Hmm:thinking:

The defence have obviously got bugger all to defend him with so they're going for a 'This is your Life' approach...yawn.

Yep - and include every illness and accident he has ever suffered.

Seems the defence are going for the 'this barsteward is so boring there's no way he'd be imaginative enough to kill anyone' approach

LOL . So the mystery final guests are celebs Joe & Nick? .....Not.

Even at Salford Uni, he would have been a lecturers nightmare.
So he got a third then? And learnt how illness could be very effective. Scammer.

Ok - I take it back. You got a first.

ETA - no , actually , I don't believe a word of this. The Camb Uni PHD interview etc.

He's very good at mentioning how he was 'top of his course' and he got the course prize blah blah. Don't you need to have completed a Masters before you can undertake a PhD?

He's very good at mentioning how he was 'top of his course' and he got the course prize blah blah. Don't you need to have completed a Masters before you can undertake a PhD?

Think so yes.

No, if you're exceptional u can do direct, with the Mphil or masters part way through, but you must pass that stage .( I took that route, I am not exceptional, but am adding that as someone is saying you have to do your masters separately. )

I'd need to see documentation for all of this - just don't believe him. Walter Mitty type IMO

Are we going to spend the whole afternoon listening to IS's life history - only interested in Diane's death and his life with Helen ..

15:08
Stewart describes wife's health issues

“We managed somehow to pay the mortgage - the deposit was paid by my compensation for my earlier accident. “I didn’t complete my PhD course, that is always one regret of mine. I was offered too difficult a job to turn down. “In 1985 Diane and I got married. We had a nice traditional wedding. We moved into a semi-detached house. “I began working for a small company that made systems for motor engine analysis. “I was working outside of Cambridge and needed a car. Before either of the lads were born I bought an MG. My interest in those type of cars continued until Jamie was born. “I got another job at a much bigger company, based in Shepreth, about 10 miles from Cambridge. “Jamie was born in 1992, when I was still in Cambridge. “That didn’t go smoothly. Diane had had epileptic fits when she was about 16, during the pregnancy of Jamie she had very high blood pressure. “She was out shopping and had a fit then and there. I was called to hospital. “Jamie was not a natural birth, he was born by C section. It was a bit of a panic.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper