GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick look in.

"Dave"? Who the f is Dave?! If this wasn't such a serious matter I'd be wetting myself with laughter. I want to know where he got tbis plot from.

CP, Read The Psychopath’s Bible, http://www.scribd.com/doc/11554313/The-Psychopaths-Bible This is one of the most stunning things in the world, it’s a book written by psychopaths for psychopaths and gives a unique insight into true evil that no psychiatrist or psychologist could ever manage reading research papers and the DSM. It takes a strong stomach mind so be warned!

You'll see that the psychopathic authors attest: “One of the axioms of life is this: even if you tell the truth—perhaps because you tell the truth—no one will believe you.” So the logic is why bother? Why not just use truth as a commodity to further your own nefarious needs and desires.

OMG that is fantastic for my writery research purposes, what a genius find. Thank you so much.

I was late to the table today and have spent some time catching up. I knew we were going to hear more lies but this guy is really nuts. Thanks "Bish" for the links. You were spot on when we first started discussing this elsewhere. Mr Jitty too. I think everyone knew he was guilty but I never expected quite the incredible story IS has been telling.

He is obviously a psychopath and will go to prison and probably get a whole life term as usually they are untreatable.

I feel so sad for the boys and HB's family. Putting them through this has been a nightmare.

Please can anyone tell me if IS has been referring to notes (script!) since he started yesterday ?
How on earth can he recall everything so well, tiny, tiny, details that he has off pat ?
Lies are so difficult to remember (I have never been able to lie but that is a matter of principle with me), yet they just pour out of his mouth hour after hour after hour.

His lawyer was probably asking him a lot of questions that weren't reported to solicit the information. Plus I think he's just making up a lot of it as he goes along. How on earth could he remember the exact words Nick and Joe and Helen said to him in every conversation? He's just making it up on the fly. That's why he never mentioned Helen saying she was taking his zopiclone before, too. He only just made it up.

Hopefully the prosecution will have made a lot of notes of his exact words, because then they can ask him to remind them of exactly what Nick said on such a date, and IS won't be able to remember what he said before.

:moo:

I know we've seen this tweet from other journos but it is so very much worth posting up again

Chloe Keedy ‏@ChloeKeedyITV 1m1 minute ago

Opening cross examination Stuart Trimmer QC says to Stewart 'you are without doubt a liar aren't you?

Please can anyone tell me if IS has been referring to notes (script!) since he started yesterday ?
How on earth can he recall everything so well, tiny, tiny, details that he has off pat ?
Lies are so difficult to remember (I have never been able to lie but that is a matter of principle with me), yet they just pour out of his mouth hour after hour after hour.

As Judge Judy always says (the TV one not our Websleuth friend!) it's easy to remember a truth but easy to forget a lie. Therefore a little probing from Mr Trimmer on the details IS has given should quickly undo his entire story. He has already got Nick and Joe's names wrong!

(They have to be the most gentlemanly criminals ever - when they kidnapped Helen they allowed her to bring Boris with her and apparently even let the little fella bring a dog toy with him on the journey back to the family home to dump them in the cesspit!)

IS' story would not convince a lobotomised goldfish and I agree with Tortoise's brilliant post - Trimmer could just sit down at any time he chooses and send the jury out, he really doesn't have to work too hard here. Has the Defence produced a single, solitary piece of evidence, CCTV, phone records, emails, witnesses etc to support the existence of the two gangster killers? No.

But I feel in the name of justice and for the sake of Helen, her loved ones and all decent people who are disgusted by what he has done, he needs to be put under pressure and cornered like a rat in a trap, and we are counting on Mr Trimmer to do just that.

Before this began, one or two people said they wouldn't want to be on the jury for this case.
I darn well would!

Thread #6 is ready for you. Please move over. This one will close in five minutes.

Chloe Keedy ‏@ChloeKeedyITV 6m6 minutes ago

Trimmer asks Stewart why he never mentioned that Helen had taken zopiclone herself in his defence statement to the crown .
is that something you've just remembered?'
Trimmer tells court Stewart knew then what he was being accused of (drugging Helen)

IS' story would not convince a lobotomised goldfish

:floorlaugh:

Has the Defence produced a single, solitary piece of evidence, CCTV, phone records, emails, witnesses etc to support the existence of the two gangster killers? No.

To be fair, their case has only just begun and there may be other defence witnesses waiting in the wings.
HOWEVER
I'm not holding my breath waiting for them to produce any of the evidence you mention :shakehead:

OMG that is fantastic for my writery research purposes, what a genius find. Thank you so much.

You're welcome, I often use it in my line of work to illustrate to incredulous victims just how devious and Machiavellian their spouses/partners can be. It's a tough read for normal moral people but it's enlightening to say the least.

I'm loving this XX. Trimmer is excellent, and he's just getting started.

Judge Masipa would be having an apoplexy listening to him though. Remember this peeps when she admonished Nel, "You don't call the witness a liar, not while he is in the witness box. Mind your language."

Thanks. It does sound just like him doesn't it

Psychopaths, on the other hand, are unable to form emotional attachments or feel real empathy with others, although they often have disarming or even charming personalities. Psychopaths are very manipulative and can easily gain people’s trust. They learn to mimic emotions, despite their inability to actually feel them, and will appear normal to unsuspecting people. Psychopaths are often well educated and hold steady jobs. Some are so good at manipulation and mimicry that they have families and other long-term relationships without those around them ever suspecting their true nature.

When committing crimes, psychopaths carefully plan out every detail in advance and often have contingency plans in place. Unlike their sociopathic counterparts, psychopathic criminals are cool, calm, and meticulous. Their crimes, whether violent or non-violent, will be highly organized and generally offer few clues for authorities to pursue. Intelligentpsychopaths make excellent white-collar criminals and "con artists" due to their calm and charismatic natures.

'Highly organised' and 'calm and charismatic' don't quite fit the bill, do they. I suppose he's a grade B /B- psychopath.

Before this began, one or two people said they wouldn't want to be on the jury for this case.
I darn well would!

I was one of those ....I have changed my mind!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any guesses as to how long the jury will take to find IS guilty? I can see them taking their seats and collectively giving a huge sigh of relief!

I have only followed one other trial which did not have a jury so I am a bit clueless as to the final step in the prosecution. No doubt they will have to discuss the case but surely there cannot be a jury member that would buy his story and argue in favour of him. Are we talking a few hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME