GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

Ah, so he did benefit from Diane's will after all. That probably now confirms that the balance was to be held in trust for Jamie and Nick until they reached 18 or 21.

Also a financial motive for his first wife's death?

'Trimmer: “Why did these facts not appear in your defence case statement?'

Because they are Alternative Facts, that's all.

Poor Mr Trimmer, shipped off to lunch just as he's hitting his stride.

Trimmer has barely begun yet. I think Mr Ian is in for a bad few hours now while Trimmer ties him up in knots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm still catching up but wondering if anyone legal knows how has this been allowed to happen? Could his lawyer not have explain to him by testifying he was going to look like a raving lunatic? I'm starting to feel quite disturbed by all this now. Either he's making this story up to LOOK mad or he genuinely believes this is credible in which case he's f@&king mental. He's a total mental case.

Why has he been allowed to go on the stand and say all this total rubbish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, he can't be stopped. He has the right to testify and it's up to the jury to decide whether he's guilty or not. I'd bet my last dollar counsel advised him to plead guilty, but being the fool that he is, he's ignoring that advice and ensuring that he gets an even longer sentence. His counsel will just be going through the motions.

I think the reason they were so easy on the sons testimony is that they are going to look into Dianes death.

I think the reason they were so easy on the sons testimony is that they are going to look into Dianes death.

Prosecution can't go hard on prosecution witnesses

We now know why Trimmer called the sons

Defence would never have called them

Just catching up .

I hope Trimmer can get him out of these one word answers!
Stewart is a sly fox but thankfully he's still f*cked.

OMG he brings his sons into it. So he feared for them but never mentioned Nick & Joe to them till 5 months after he'd been charged.
He didn't seem to be concerned about leaving them in the house alone with these threats hanging over them.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I've never felt this way in a trial before, but in this case I think the defence has done a brilliant job for the prosecution. Trimmer should just sit down and say the crown closes it's case. Flint has already done all the work for him and it's just so painfully unnecessary now to rake back through everything IS has said, which is clearly bollocks.

Oh dear!

Full Pistorius blaming counsel

I think he's saying that whilst preparing his defence he never made the connection between HB having zopiclone in her system and HB telling him that she was taking his zopiclone. :facepalm:

I've never felt this way in a trial before, but in this case I think the defence has done a brilliant job for the prosecution. Trimmer should just sit down and say the crown closes it's case. Flint has already done all the work for him and it's just so painfully unnecessary now to rake back through everything IS has said, which is clearly bollocks.

His defence basically relies on the word of a series of anonymous untraceable characters that nobody but him ever saw...from the selection of random prisoners with various messages for him ...to the notorious Nick & Joe.

I think he's saying that whilst preparing his defence he never made the connection between HB having zopiclone in her system and HB telling him that she was taking his zopiclone. :facepalm:

Yeah you could see how it would be hard for him to join the dots there lol

Please can anyone tell me if IS has been referring to notes (script!) since he started yesterday ?
How on earth can he recall everything so well, tiny, tiny, details that he has off pat ?
Lies are so difficult to remember (I have never been able to lie but that is a matter of principle with me), yet they just pour out of his mouth hour after hour after hour.

His defence basically relies on the word of a series of anonymous untraceable characters that nobody but him ever saw...from the selection of random prisoners with various messages for him ...to the notorious Nick & Joe.

Nail on head.

I love Mr Trimmer getting him to confirm that he's an intelligent person and then pointing out the ways in which he has been profoundly stupid.

Hello all. I haven't posted in this thread for a very long time, but I have been following along and reading away on here whenever I can.

Something jumped out at me earlier: Ian said
Stewart: “I never put anything in that pit.”

That pit. He's distancing himself from it. Not the pit, or our pit, but that pit.

I can't believe what clap trap he is spouting here. And he thinks he is being so clever by having an answer to everything, spinning every yarn he can to try and explain why people thought his reactions to Helen disappearing were strange. He's basically trying to convince us that of course his reactions were strange - he couldn't tell anyone about the baddies and had to fake ignorance!!

So many things in this case remind me of the Jodi Arias case. The arrogance and elevated sense of entitlement. Thinking nobody could see through them because they are oh so clever. The lies, and the outright invention of farcical situations. The only thing Ian is missing is to suddenly come clean and admit he did kill Helen, but it was self defense!

Absolutely fuming. Can't even think of how Helen's family is feeling. :mad:

...yes DollyDiamond, and the catchphrase would be 'shut that garage door'.

You're confusing your Generation Game presenters, that was Larry Grayson. LMAO. Made me laugh a lot though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr