GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we must assume that Jamie let Nick in through the gate when he left. I wonder if he remembers this. :thinking:

and this is when they put Helen and Boris in the pit?

Nice how they always refer to Boris by name.

YES! It's such a big giveaway that these gangstas supposedly speak of 'Boris' all the time. As if! They would say 'the dog', if they mentioned him at all. And the notion they would have kidnapped the family pet along with Helen (not forgetting the dog toy that was later found in the cess pit), is utterly ludicrous.

They are two of the unlikeliest criminals ever committed to fiction. Tall enough to get old Herman Munster in a headlock, able to magic themselves through the mansion's electronic gates without asking for access, soppy enough about dogs to take Boris along for the ride, and big, butch Joe is such a fan of women's contemporary literature, he not only read Helen's 'Bikinis' book, he loved it so much he memorised IS' 'GGHW' nickname (I wonder if he reviewed it on Amazon - under the name JoeDave, obviously!)

If IS is considering launching himself as a crime writer, I don't think Lee Child, John Grisham or Martina Cole have too much to worry about!

I don't think Nick and JoeDave were invented until after he saw the prosecution case against him.

That's what I meant. He created Nijo back in November,December and at the same time used that convenient date of April 26 , which fitted in with his talk with Sarah Toihey.

I stand by my view that he just picked two common names and struck lucky on one. If Joe was real why did he forget and call him Dave?

I agree, but you're getting confused, I can't think why...
It was Nick who suddenly became Dave.

That's what I meant. He created Nijo back in November,December and at the same time used that convenient date of April 26 , which fitted in with his talk with Sarah Toihey.

Don't forget 'Joe' had already 'existed' (in his head) before this when he was used as a 'poster' on his website trials.

Michelle,

so so sorry for your loss. Your posts are so informative and yet very respectful.
Heres to justice for Helen.

I'm looking forward to the moment Mr Trimmer gets him so befuddled, he calls them Babs and Gloria!

Actually I can imagine kidnappers taking a pet.
"Tell us what we want to know or we torture the dog/cat/goldfish in front of you."

Indeed - particularly odd as the story was almost entirely about Nick's Dastardly Deeds!

Did he really tell the court he wasn't s Facebooker after telling the court he met Helen on Facebook?!

Actually I can imagine kidnappers taking a pet.
"Tell us what we want to know or we torture the dog/cat/goldfish in front of you."

Exactly, that's the only possible purpose kidnapping Boris would have served. IS isn't bright enough to have thought of this obvious embellishment!

Aah I get you Alyce, sorry for being slow on the uptake there.

Thanks! Silly me. State of confusion not an unusual event, so happy to have you clevererer people to help me out :D

Judging by his site, Helen's new site and one he set up for what looks like Diane's brother, I think "simple" was all he could manage and even then not very well.

Thanks! Silly me. State of confusion not an unusual event, so happy to have you clevererer people to help me out :D
Ha ha ha. I'm perpetually confused at the moment.
I have been trying unsuccessfully to find a good phrase from someone - mrjitty? - about getting lost in the evil swirling canyons of IS's twisted mind, or something better than that. The Strimmer will cut through it all, I have faith.

I've got a feeling there is a book written involving a Nick and Joe at Cambridge University. I wonder if he has read it!

Tracked it down on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cambridge-...6927557&sr=1-8&keywords=the+cambridge+diaries

I also Googled it. The link shows a page from the book where it mentions Nick and Joe on page 68 two-thirds down the page.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...#v=onepage&q=nick and joe's cambridge&f=false

Maybe a book he had read, being a Cambridge MSc student??? Nick is a commonly used forename but I haven't met many men called Joe (Joseph?). No doubt purely coincidental but it jumped out as a possibility for the invention of the gangster's names.

Plenty Josephs and Joes in my Irish family tree :D

And big shoutout to the hilarious DollyD - totally on fire tonight, giggled a few times.

Here's IS trying to access the Mac. :pcguru:

I stand by my view that he just picked two common names and struck lucky on one. If Joe was real why did he forget and call him Dave?

I thought IS's defence Counsel referred to JS's diaries - and found the names Nick and Joe. And I always could picture the slime one rooting through Helen's personal papers, emails etc. - and I believe his motif for searching JS's diaries may have been jealousy initially. And then when presenting his Defence papers in December 2016 - he drew upon his memory of JS's 'business contacts' whilst concocting his 'story'. The self-selecting memory which wavers all over the place!

I've met plenty of Joes including one whose full name is Jonathan. Both names are common in IS's age bracket.

To be fair, she did write the following on her blog:

http://planetgrief.com/2012/09/28/postcard-from-the-edge/

ETA just found confirmation about her being prescribed beta blockers, too...

http://planetgrief.com/2011/06/28/on-the-couch-counselling-part-one/

Agree - I have come across these references to occasional meds before on her blog.

Although this wasn't the original point I was making earlier( which was about portability ,tailoring, modification of his story etc) , I do wonder again if he has had access to her blog or print-offs from the same during his period on remand.
( I made a joke about flow charts earlier, I hope that hasn't offended anyone but he certainly needed resources and prep time to try to get all his details to match up - even his plot and character motives are completely to *advertiser censored*.)

I think Trimmer used the phrase " well -crafted" about his defence stories, even though as we all know, it's a fantastical story.

If IS is considering launching himself as a crime writer, I don't think Lee Child, John Grisham or Martina Cole have too much to worry about!

LOL. Stewart's fables remind me of the nonsense fiction & poetry my father would buy us as kids ( lear, belloc etc. ) Ian's late works couldn't even be found on the fantasy shelves.
Imagine being his cell mate Dolly and years of being forced to listen to his bedtime stories - that'll end badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stlemed19