GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NiJo had the resources to move the Jeep off the manhole cover and put it back afterwards. Clever.

This has been niggling at the back of my mind and I've just made a connection.

From the evidence of Sarah Touhey
The first witness is Sarah Touhey, a community psychiatric nurse, based in Letchworth. She is being asked what happened on May 6, 2016. On May 6, she was asked to see Stewart at 1pm. He was described as a ‘self referral’ meaning he had referred himself and was asking for support for his mental health, she tells the court.

She added: “He said he could not remember anything and due to stress, he was having memory difficulties.

“He said his partner had been missing for 10 days and he wasn’t coping. He said his partner said she was going away for a few days, but she might not have gone there. “He also said he lost his ex-wife six years ago and he wasn’t coping.”

From IS evidence
Nick came to the house on April 26 and a car came down the drive'
“The next contact with Nick and Joe was on Tuesday, April 26.
“I remember Jamie leaving the house and Nick being at the door after that. I was only half-dressed. I opened the door and asked where was Helen?
“He came in and started really speaking and swearing and said: ‘Why have you been telling the police? What’s all the fuss about?’
“I shook my head and said nothing. He said: ‘Are you expecting anyone, are you on your own?’
“I said: ‘Yes.’
“He asked me to open the front gates and I did.
“The gates started to open and Nick hit me twice. I ended up on my hands and knees on the floor, against the radiator.
“Then I heard a car come down on the drive. He was standing at the door watching out.”
Nick and Joe took the Jeep keys and said there was something they needed in the garage'
“He said: ‘Helen’s told us where something is in the garage. We need to go and get it.’
“He then answered his phone, then said: ‘We need the Jeep keys, there’s something in there we need as well.’
“I got the keys out the draw. Almost as soon as I was doing this Joe came in and asked if anyone was in the house.
“I was sitting on the ground still. He got a phone out, and said: ‘This is for you, keep it charged, keep it with you. We will ring you on it’.
“I said: ‘Can I see Helen, talk to Helen?’
“He said: ‘Not at the moment, it will all be over soon’.”
“It didn’t seem long that Joe was in the house, maybe less than 10 mins.
“Then I heard the car outside, Joe went out to the car, came back in with the Jeep keys, threw them at me.
“He said: ‘Tell them about us and you won’t see Helen again or Boris.’
“He left and that was it. I heard them drive off.”

I remember at the time of Sarah's evidence, I was saying that IS couldnt count, because Helen had been missing for 25 days by May 6.

But, count back 10 days from May 6, and we get to April 26.

I wonder if IS, looking through his notes, post arrest, decided to create the visit of NiJo on April 26, to match in with his statement to Sarah

But you see, although he had thought that, he was beginning to entertain the possibility that while he'd been away in Majorca. Nijo had come back from wherever they were with Helen, killed her in his house and buried her in his cess pit. And Boris.

And I suppose they did this just to frame poor old Beany boy

RSBM

I remember at the time of Sarah's evidence, I was saying that IS couldnt count, because Helen had been missing for 25 days by May 6.

But, count back 10 days from May 6, and we get to April 26.

I wonder if IS, looking through his notes, post arrest, decided to create the visit of NiJo on April 26, to match in with his statement to Sarah

I don't think Nick and JoeDave were invented until after he saw the prosecution case against him.

So we must assume that Jamie let Nick in through the gate when he left. I wonder if he remembers this. :thinking:

and this is when they put Helen and Boris in the pit?

Nice how they always refer to Boris by name.

So we must assume that Jamie let Nick in through the gate when he left. I wonder if he remembers this. :thinking:

and this is when they put Helen and Boris in the pit?

Nice how they always refer to Boris by name.

Keep up Cherwell, they must've already broken the gate in February when they drove in without anyone hearing and then crept up on Helen and IS checking the sewage levels.

I don't think Nick and JoeDave were invented until after he saw the prosecution case against him.

I don't know what to think about that. He must have been rooting through JS' diaries before his arrest. I think possibly he was readying an excuse to blame it on an embittered business contact if he was ever caught, but hadn't fine tuned the details until after his arrest.

The Boris bit of this story really doesn't add up. Can you imagine kidnappers willingly dealing with a stressed barky dog, finding food for him, taking him out, scooping the poop. All when they were going to kill him in the end anyway!

It is so sad that Helen gets no interest in IS' story. It was Dolly who said he sounded like he was reporting a lost umbrella rather than a missing person and it stayed that way. The story has no emotion for a Helen, an anxious worry wart Helen, who was apparently ripped from her home and all her familiar people. Even as he's telling the story he knew she was murdered in the end, by any account, and yet he is doing no embroidering about fear for this woman he apparently loved, no sadness for what he tells us she endured, no devastation of not having a chance to say goodbye or comfort her. Helen is a minor, bit part actress in this story about a terrible time in IS' life and I think that will undo him as much as all the implausible details will.

This is Part of Dr Carey's report.

"No evidence of head injury

[FONT=&amp]Dr Carey said there was no evidence of bruising around Helen’s neck, relying on examination of the tissues around the neck itself. Dr Carey said Helen’s scalp was well preserved, there was no evidence of bleeding to the scalp and no other injury to her scalp. Her skull was not fractured, her brain was decomposing and was ‘semi-solid’. It was possible to exclude hemorrhaging inside the head. There was no evidence of any injury, Dr Carey said."

Much as I thought - Helen's brain was decomposing and semi-solid. Whilst it would have been possible to detect a haemorrhage I very much doubt it would have been possible to determine a neurological defect, such as a fit. We do know that on sudden withdrawal of Zopiclone fits may occur but IS would have no timescale to work to unless he had seen it before! If this is what happened, her demise may have been expected but not the exact timing. Was the timing absolutely necessary to him? If it was, she must have died physically at his hands. [/FONT]

RSBM he now claims she kept a mixed bag of assorted pills in the face of his previous stance that she used no meds at all, except herbals.
all these were conveniently in her handbag!

his sneakiness knows no bounds, he can't have the pills in the bedside table/meds cabinet as that would entail NJ having to give her time to pack essentials

To be fair, she did write the following on her blog:

At one point, my anxiety shot so high, I nearly broke into the emergency Valium tablet someone gave me when JS died, and which I carry with me. I didn’t use it because I was worried that it might react with the travel sickness tablets I had taken and form some strange hallucinogenic drug cocktail.

http://planetgrief.com/2012/09/28/postcard-from-the-edge/

ETA just found confirmation about her being prescribed beta blockers, too...

I trotted off to my GP who diagnosed something much less dramatic than a dickey ticker: a panic attack. He sent me away with a prescription for beta blockers, and a suggestion that if nothing improved, I might consider counselling.

http://planetgrief.com/2011/06/28/on-the-couch-counselling-part-one/

I don't know what to think about that. He must have been rooting through JS' diaries before his arrest. I think possibly he was readying an excuse to blame it on an embittered business contact if he was ever caught, but hadn't fine tuned the details until after his arrest.

I stand by my view that he just picked two common names and struck lucky on one. If Joe was real why did he forget and call him Dave?

I have to be honest and say I think he does have a real problem but if medicated properly it should enable him to function fairly normally for at least part of the day. I think it is in his interest not to take his medicine as and when he should whilst he is in the witness box because he will wish to appear a bit on the weak side. I have assumed he will be sitting down to give evidence although nobody has actually confirmed this. Tiredness may show in his speech and an inability to hold his head up. I did wonder when the Pros and Def decided he was getting too tired whether his speech was deteriorating. The other problem is stress. As with everyone stress can cause fatigue. With a myasthenic this can exacerbate the symptoms of the disease.

RSBM. It was reported on the first day that he chose to stand, which I thought was odd.

Mr Stewart chose to stand throughout his evidence, and drank from a cup of water just before answering the first question – which was ‘did you kill Helen Bailey?’ He replied no.

http://www.thecomet.net/news/there_...o_the_stand_in_royston_murder_trial_1_4881061

Thanks so much for your insight into MG. I had never heard of it before this trial. It sound like an awful, debilitating illness and my heart goes out to you.

I also think IS really suffers from MG... Evil murderers can suffer from illnesses and disabilities just like everybody else! It doesn't sound like the kind of illness that could easily be faked, especially if it is true that he has spent time in hospital and had surgery for it.

NiJo had the resources to move the Jeep off the manhole cover and put it back afterwards. Clever.

I expect to hear him say that Helen had all her keys to the house, car and garage plus her phone in her handbag. That they forced Helen to turn the alarm off, murdered her and put her in the pit. Whereas what we suspect is her handbag with all its contents were conveniently dumped in Spain. I would love to know if he took a boat trip whilst he was out there but I guess it would also be easy enough to bury it in the sand and nobody would notice.

Our alarm has an electronic log. The engineer who checks it once a year can tell exactly what has happened during that time. I am unsure whether it would only report something unusual, ie false alarm (those spiders again), or whether it records everything. He is coming in a couple of weeks. I will ask him. Of course alarms vary but wouldn't it be magic of the IS alarm system could prove the garage was not opened at all when the boys were not there! Probably too much to ask.

Michelle, I (obviously) had no idea what you'd been through with losing your husband and daughter- how devastating. I'm so sorry to hear that. And please don't think for a moment that anybody has found your posts prurient or voyeuristic- I've certainly found them very helpful in painting a fuller picture beyond the dry court reporting. For what it's worth, I imagine I would behave in a similar way around the other court attendees, and I don't see anything inappropriate in it. As you say, people all have their own approach to these situations.

Bravo Michelle, and my deepest condolences on your tragic losses xx

Michelle, I am so sorry to hear your devastating news and lack of closure. It must be incredibly hard to bear.

Michelle, I have found your posts helpful and your observations of the court proceedings really good.

I can't get to the court and it's good to hear from those who can. I am on this forum simply because I read Helen's book and am devastated by her death which was allegedly at the hands of a man who purported to love her. I say "allegedly" because he hasn't been convicted yet but I am certain he will be.

Your insights (and those of others who have managed to attend) are invaluable to those of us who cannot be there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member