GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely understand your anger, Joely. And I'd be more than happy to chip in to have the git duffed up by Pinky and Percy's mates in there.

I think it contravenes the rules here joely.

Sorry I don't wish to embarrass you by saying that, I know it is a heartfelt and generous suggestion.

No, Tortoise .. not embarrassed and I thank you for defining the rules, which i didn't ever read.
Maybe, I can find my own way later within another place and fulfil my ambition.

Thank you, for your guidance ...x

I think the disparaging comments about his appearance have little to do with how people generally feel towards others- most decent adults judge a person by their character rather than their looks- but it is almost impossible not to be critical about every aspect of IS, because we are so revolted by what he has done. Crucially, we are trying to understand exactly how he could have appeared at all attractive to Helen- a clever and cultured woman of smart appearance, who enjoyed a bit of glamour in her life. Given that he does not appear to be the sharpest tool in the shed, and his personality seems petulant and crotchety under any kind of pressure, one might expect him to compensate for that by putting his best foot forward physically, at least. Instead, we see the unprepossessing and shambolic figure of a man than nobody could really consider to be in the same league as Helen.

It just leaves me feeling infuriated by his every utterance about her, and the attitude he has, which just drips with contempt and disrespect. HOW BLOODY DARE HE?! He should have felt like the luckiest man alive, but it wasn't enough for his staggering sense of entitlement. Even looking at him makes me angry.

:goodpost:

this says it perfectly for me - much better than I did

I have found a Dachshund bronze - on websites - and wish to purchase it (not Boris as I would have loved to have a 'commission' of him'} but I would like to send it to John Bailey. Does anyone know where I could send it - within respecting address and privacy.

I'm almost positive that Helen's brother will do something beautiful to honour her memory with some of the money from her estate. It might go some way to healing the pain of what IS did to try and get his greasy paws on it. I hope so.

I have found a Dachshund bronze - on websites - and wish to purchase it (not Boris as I would have loved to have a 'commission' of him'} but I would like to send it to John Bailey. Does anyone know where I could send it - within respecting address and privacy.

Joely, if you look at Fraser's FB page I think it has the address on there. If not, I can send it to you x

Yes - I thought it was even later. Someone - Tortoise? Alyce? - showed that he produced this story just after the Prosecution case was submitted.

His earlier fictions didn't work once the bodies of Helen and Boris were discovered on the premises where IS and they lived. He might have thought he could just deny it (not sure how) but once the defence had been shown the prosecution case, he had to do something more radical and this transparent attempt to cover all the prosecution bases is the result.
( Am slow, and Squamous' post appeared while I was typing.)

He had his Case Management Hearing - or whatever they are calling them these days - in October, which is when he put in his not guilty pleas.
I think after this time he and his Defence team would have had full sight of the Prosecution case and no doubt he realised he had to up his game and create a better story.

It was December 12 when he submitted his signed statement re the Dynamic Duo of Joe and Nick ( or was it a trio originally with Dave included ...gotta feel a bit sorry for Dave, he seems to have only got one mention in the whole plot ).

December 16 he had his final pre trial Case Hearing.

First we lurk and read, and the wonderful Websleuths are everything we need in a heartbreaking plight of Helen - and then we are 'welcome' and then we find a voice ..I don't ever, ever expect to be a Sleuth as brilliant as Alyce and Tortoise, the names are endless - but I am thankful to be allowed a voice within their serious work in sleuthing.
Welcome bleu boy - and it is lovely that everyone has a 'welcome' and each voice is important.

Joely that is a lovely compliment, thank you. I dont consider myself to be any great sleuth at all. I am very nosey - make that inquisitive ! - always have been and fussy about timings and detail .... but I stand in awe of the wonderful collection of minds and information that I read here every day on WS, on this thread and others.
It really is a great community, not only allowing us to vent our feelings ( often angry ones ) but also to seek for justice to be done and to have a feeling of standing together against the evil beings in this world.

No, Tortoise .. not embarrassed and I thank you for defining the rules, which i didn't ever read.
Maybe, I can find my own way later within another place and fulfil my ambition.

Thank you, for your guidance ...x
I have reached out to my Dachshund people to hope to create the fund raising for a Boris commissioned sculpting .. and I know they shall honour this but if it doesn't fly .. I wish to send John B a little generic sculpting, which I can purchase now - in the name of all of us x

Think this sums up the future for IS.

"The wretch, concentred all in self,
Living, shall forfeit fair renown,
And, doubly dying, shall go down
To the vile dust from whence he sprung,
Unwept, unhonored , and unsung."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Think this sums up the future for IS.

"The wretch, concentred all in self,
Living, shall forfeit fair renown,
And, doubly dying, shall go down
To the vile dust from whence he sprung,
Unwept, unhonored , and unsung."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brilliant. So apt.

I am so fulfilled with you love and justice for Helen and Boris. (Thank you Alyce for info) And I have been back to the Dachshund group who are thrilled to give contribution towards a sculpting of Boris. They think it is a wonder idea - I know Tortoise the rules are different there.. but it is SO wonderful that we are able to create a commission of Boris as a gift to John B and family in our memory of Helen's beloved.

attachment.php

for Helen and Boris

Just catching up on posts

Fay, here's cell inmate No. 266's new doormat.
mica_then_now_show-bell-tolls-donne-doormat-im.jpg

we do know he prefers visitors to remove their shoes on entry but that's proving to be a big ask.

I found the websleuths thread when dear Helen first went missing......30 odd pages...in....seems the neighbors were the ones who tipped off the police to the cesspit in the garage.....it was after that she and Boris were found........

Sort of related, a repeat tonight on More4 at 9pm of Catching A Killer - Crocodile Tears. Worth another view. IS would have been rumbled at start had he done an appeal, I think, as he he probably knew.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...-Killer-Crocodile-Tears-Channel-4-review.html

It is a good programme so thanks for the reminder and it's a fascinating topic.

As far as I can remember, from first time I watched it a few years ago, the psychologists and researchers also explain that most people think they can spot lies but we actually can't.

We spent a lot of time looking at "deception myths" for a previous case and IIRC in all the research done so far only US LEnforcement had a better accuracy rate than that for pure chance. It was about 50% hit rate.

Shannon Matthews? Chris Jeffries?

Anyway, the real point is - HB was taken in by a seasoned, practised liar, as were many others. I think HB probably had a good Social Intelligence IQ but sadly spotting deception is harder than we assume.

I found the websleuths thread when dear Helen first went missing......30 odd pages...in....seems the neighbors were the ones who tipped off the police to the cesspit in the garage.....it was after that she and Boris were found........

I am very new to this site but have been following Helen's story since her disappearance. It is my understanding that "a lady from Perth" (as opposed to a gentleman from Porlock) may have acted as a catalyst in the discovery of this second pit. This may only be one version, I know...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/author-helen-baileys-body-discovered-8439893

He had his Case Management Hearing - or whatever they are calling them these days - in October, which is when he put in his not guilty pleas.
I think after this time he and his Defence team would have had full sight of the Prosecution case and no doubt he realised he had to up his game and create a better story.

It was December 12 when he submitted his signed statement re the Dynamic Duo of Joe and Nick ( or was it a trio originally with Dave included ...gotta feel a bit sorry for Dave, he seems to have only got one mention in the whole plot ).

December 16 he had his final pre trial Case Hearing.

Thank you, Alyce.

I've just spent ages re-reading the second half of Thread 1 and although I never got to this information (which I was looking for) I found a lot I'd forgotten, partly because though I read it before joining, it didn't register. There was, for example, a long conversation about the Tesco incident, which I asked about in Thread 5 (I think), and was patiently put right.

I must say you senior sleuths are very forbearing with the endless need to go over things for newcomers! Thanks.

I see what you're saying Squamous with this particular blog post

http://planetgrief.com/2012/09/28/postcard-from-the-edge/

How would I live if I knew this day was my last?

Magazines often pose this question to celebrities, and the answer is usually along the lines of watching the sun go down with a bottle of vintage wine having spent the day with their nearest and dearest, or blowing all their money on a Porsche and blasting along the coast. But when I thought about my last day, I realised that if I wasn’t lying in a darkened room with shock, I’d be at the computer typing out instructions for my funeral and passwords for online accounts, making sure my Will was up to date and everyone knew who got what and on what condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member