GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea why, when he did all these things to show his ignorance when Helen was "missing", he jacked all that in for the ballad of Nick and Joe. The prosecution case was always strong, but introducing the Likely Lads had made it pretty watertight.

wasn't it related to when he received the papers detailing strength of Pros case, from his Defence team?

Think it was Oct 27 but I'd need to check again , re the date Trimmer gave.

wasn't it related to when he received the papers detailing strength of Pros case, from his Defence team?

Ah, true. When he discovered that a few fliers and announcements of "no way" wasn't enough to put the police off the trail.

Nick and Joe make me more worried about how dangerous IS is than any other bit of this story (apart from him committing murder, natch). It's literally like something out of the Famous Five. I quite like the Famous Five as a bit of escapist reading, even as an adult, but IS must be totally delusional to make up a story like that and think he can create believable characters from nowhere that magically know where he is and what he is doing all the time.

I'm tickled by the "tiny phone" the prisoner passed him to allow the mystery voice to offer him condolences and politely say sorry that Helen had been unnecessarily murdered. Presumably it was tiny due to being smuggled into jail on a drone or something, but seriously?!

Given that all this claptrap was apparently new to the prosecution, can they now call prison officers or similar as new witnesses?

Yes - I thought it was even later. Someone - Tortoise? Alyce? - showed that he produced this story just after the Prosecution case was submitted.

His earlier fictions didn't work once the bodies of Helen and Boris were discovered on the premises where IS and they lived. He might have thought he could just deny it (not sure how) but once the defence had been shown the prosecution case, he had to do something more radical and this transparent attempt to cover all the prosecution bases is the result.
( Am slow, and Squamous' post appeared while I was typing.)

was so small he couldn't tell the brand
280409ef9bc88b7c382d2f1bec36b1b2.jpg

I watched that on YouTube last week, Milly. And couldn't agree more- he'd have been rumbled in seconds.

Welcome bleu boy ! This is fab forum. :drumroll:

This is going to be possibly a really stupid question but does IS think that the police will be looking for this dastardly duo that kidnapped, killed Helen and then continue to intimidate him in prison? If they have to take him seriously then surely they should be?

Will they have looked into it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sort of related, a repeat tonight on More4 at 9pm of Catching A Killer - Crocodile Tears. Worth another view. IS would have been rumbled at start had he done an appeal, I think, as he he probably knew.

Little did he realise that he was rumbled almost at once anyway. It just took a while to put it all together and pin him down.

This is going to be possibly a really stupid question but does IS think that the police will be looking for this dastardly duo that kidnapped, killed Helen and then continue to intimidate him in prison? If they have to take him seriously then surely they should be?

They may have made a few basic enquiries, asking neighbours if they had seen anyone answering the descriptions. Just going through the motions. Wonder if they got him to do a photofit :lol:

If there was any shred of truth in it though, he would surely have got his defence team trying to trace them, or a private detective.
Disclaimer: I'm not suggesting there is any truth in it! but that's what anyone in that kind of position would do.
Would be interesting to know if any such efforts have been made from his side.

I thought the wording was odd - no thanking people for attending - why would they 'enjoy' a walk for a missing person!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

"Hope you all enjoyed the walk."

That immediately stood out to me too. Very odd.

[FONT=&quot]Trimmer: “You put about the idea you couldn’t reach up and get something.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stewart: “Yes”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Trimmer: “Were you in pain at the recycling depot?”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stewart: “Yes, to some extent. I remember going up the steps and being slightly.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Trimmer: “Helen cared about you like nobody else. You were her centre, her world.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stewart: “With Boris, yes.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Trimmer: “And yet Helen put all this stuff in your car to take to the tip, with your surgery, with your pain?”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stewart: “Yes”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Trimmer: “Really?”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stewart: “Yes.”
--------
I really like this part :D

He has to get in that he had to share Helen's love with Boris. [/FONT]

Sort of related, a repeat tonight on More4 at 9pm of Catching A Killer - Crocodile Tears. Worth another view. IS would have been rumbled at start had he done an appeal, I think, as he he probably knew.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...-Killer-Crocodile-Tears-Channel-4-review.html

I covered the John Tanner (Rachel McLean murder) case. When he did the press conference/appeal the entire room suddenly realised, as one, that he'd killed her. It was the most horrific feeling. For a long time after we called the crocodile tears appeal "doing a John Tanner".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While I think the police would have been obliged to investigate, in reality they would already know from their extensive searches and enquiries that no such characters have ever been detected. They would have asked John Sinfield's business associates if these people existed (one of them was asked on the stand by the prosecution and denied any knowledge).

I think one of the last bit of prosecution evidence was their efforts to establish if Nick and Joe were real. Several witnesses were asked about them too, the business partners of John Sinfield, IS' sons, the financial adviser, Helen's mum I think?

While I think the police would have been obliged to investigate, in reality they would already know from their extensive searches and enquiries that no such characters have ever been detected. They would have asked John Sinfield's business associates if these people existed (one of them was asked on the stand by the prosecution and denied any knowledge).

Yes, I just wondered how far the police would have gone with this.

I thought somewhere it was mentioned that there was a Joe or Nick, however insignificant, mentioned in JS's (Helens late husband) diaries, which IS will have had probably, definitely read, so hence why he came up with the preposterous story he did.

I just am wondering/baffled as to where the police stand with it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass