GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when I read that ( I read the book while Helen was * missing * ) I thought it sounded a bit odd...

It was only later when I had done a bit more lookin around ( as I call it, some might say research ! ) and I saw ISs FB page and thought, he does not look or sound like the kind of person who *checks in on Facebook* every five minutes.
So it was done quite deliberately at a point when Helen was having a lovely time and he catches her off guard in a happy, reckless moment.
He knows she will never blame him afterwards, even if she suffers for it -because of course he asked her permission didnt he.
It's like the nurse and the police all over again, asking them if he should go on holiday. Nothing is ever his fault.

Is is Facebook still available for poking around ?

There is a post a couple of pages ago (on tapatalk at least) referring to him as a fat lazy slob (incidentally in reference to him driving an automatic...which I also do :laugh: ). There have been lots of other references to his size/gut too, I wasn't meaning to call out an individual poster but I do think it's easy to completely villianise his (fairly normal, on balance) appearance now we know what a villain he is.

His weight is fairly normal for a man his age and height, on an objective level. I didn't see the post though. ( fat lazy slob) Lol re automatic.

Anyway I just want to say, posters will use colourful language about an absolute villain on a crime/sleuth forum - which is what WS is.
They'll do that to express their distaste for this absolute villain.

I've seen some very colourful and fruity references to him on here. "barsteward" being one of many
I am not the least offended even though I am an illegitimate child myself.

( Well that's not true but it is a serious point, albeit made in jest)

I've seen some very colourful and fruity references to him on here. "barsteward" being one of many
I am not the least offended even though I am an illegitimate child myself.

( Well that's not true but it is a serious point, albeit made in jest)

Perhaps they are using that euphemism to distinguish from '*advertiser censored*' as in illegitimate. (They should take care not to offend bar staff!) :)

But the word '*advertiser censored*' has had two distinct meanings for a very long time now, and it's always clear which is meant from the context.

Thank you to everyone for the beautiful posts in memory of Helen. We really do have lovely people here.

I'm calling it a night. We've just had our hottest day on record ... 46C. It's a nightmare that just won't go away. Enjoy your weekend.

:bed:

Thank you ZaZara as that's helpful, yes Trimmer did indeed raise the red flags didn't he...and not only that but he got IS to acknowledge them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trimmer is soooo good at his job. He keeps it short and simple, but from a legal point of view, so much is happening. I enjoy reading the transcript of the cross-examination.
The Defense must be gnashing their teeth in silence, though they probably knew all this was coming.

They don't hang people anymore in the UK, but if they still did, everytime he agrees with Trimmer IS would be pulling the noose a little tighter.

The Defense must be gnashing their teeth in silence.

Why would they? There's not much work to do here and they're still getting paid :)
My guess is that they feel the same about their client as the rest of us.

I think the disparaging comments about his appearance have little to do with how people generally feel towards others- most decent adults judge a person by their character rather than their looks- but it is almost impossible not to be critical about every aspect of IS, because we are so revolted by what he has done. Crucially, we are trying to understand exactly how he could have appeared at all attractive to Helen- a clever and cultured woman of smart appearance, who enjoyed a bit of glamour in her life. Given that he does not appear to be the sharpest tool in the shed, and his personality seems petulant and crotchety under any kind of pressure, one might expect him to compensate for that by putting his best foot forward physically, at least. Instead, we see the unprepossessing and shambolic figure of a man than nobody could really consider to be in the same league as Helen.

It just leaves me feeling infuriated by his every utterance about her, and the attitude he has, which just drips with contempt and disrespect. HOW BLOODY DARE HE?! He should have felt like the luckiest man alive, but it wasn't enough for his staggering sense of entitlement. Even looking at him makes me angry.

Thank you to everyone for the beautiful posts in memory of Helen. We really do have lovely people here.

I'm calling it a night. We've just had our hottest day on record ... 46C. It's a nightmare that just won't go away. Enjoy your weekend.

:bed:

Sleep? Who can sleep - it's 1am here, 29 degrees, 80% humidity, 39 forecast for tomorrow :gaah:.

I heard in Moore it's been over 35 degrees since Boxing Day!

The last words he posted on Facebook - a message to caring local people who had trudged over heath and through woodland in search of his "missing" partner - chilled me to the bone.

He simply says: "Hope you all enjoyed the walk."

He knew where she was. He KNEW.

hi everyone, ive been reading and lurking over a few cases but not joined in. This is bugging me lately over the bank transfer with IS saying helen did it on his computer. Am i totally wrong here with saying he mentioned early on that helen only liked mac computers. I seem to remember someone on here saying once a mac always a mac girl. Why hasnt the prosecution mentioned this to him i wonder.

The last words he posted on Facebook - a message to caring local people who had trudged over heath and through woodland in search of his "missing" partner - chilled me to the bone.

He simply says: "Hope you all enjoyed the walk."

He knew where she was. He KNEW.
I thought the wording was odd - no thanking people for attending - why would they 'enjoy' a walk for a missing person!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I thought the wording was odd - no thanking people for attending - why would they 'enjoy' a walk for a missing person!

He did thank them. Full post reads:

Thank you to everyone who went on the walk Sunday.
Turnout was amazing.
Sorry if I did not say thanks to you personally.
Hope you all enjoyed the walk.

It's smug though. He knew they were wasting their time.

He did thank them. Full post reads:

Thank you to everyone who went on the walk Sunday.
Turnout was amazing.
Sorry if I did not say thanks to you personally.
Hope you all enjoyed the walk.

It's smug though. He knew they were wasting their time.
Thanks for clarifying Cherwell and hope us recently de-lurked newbs aren't annoying the old schoolers with our inane comments!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have no idea why, when he did all these things to show his ignorance when Helen was "missing", he jacked all that in for the ballad of Nick and Joe. The prosecution case was always strong, but introducing the Likely Lads had made it pretty watertight.

I have no idea why, when he did all these things to show his ignorance when Helen was "missing", he jacked all that in for the ballad of Nick and Joe. The prosecution case was always strong, but introducing the Likely Lads had made it pretty watertight.

Spot on! My first giggle of the day as well. :giggle: It shows how arrogant he is to imagine for one minute that such a tale would be swallowed - or just absolutely off his trolley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shortie05986