GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he was 7 years old but I'm a noob here and can't find any supporting evidence for that :/

Edited to correct typo

Oh what a tangled web we weave
Trying to be a better sleuth:

"A fraction over two years after we brought Boris home, JS died." (From Helen's book)

They brought him home end of December 2008. So as JS died in Feb 2011, that makes him 7.

"I knew that if we kept him that little pup would want for nothing, that he would be loved and looked after until the day he died. The problem wasn’t that I wouldn’t love him, but that I would love him too much." [emoji22] Bless his well-loved paws x
Probably this has been already answered but think he was 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh what a tangled web we weave

While I was out ...

:bombshell: :bombshell:

THE REAL NICK AND JOE MAGICALLY APPEAR!

Of everything & everyone I hadn't seen coming, this one beats them all... :winner:

Thanks x 1000 for all the updates!

I've been catching up like crazy.

I wept with laughter at Joe & Nick being wheeled in. I also thought it was hilarious how when he was asked who the men were he said 'It's Nick & Joe' and then went back to calling our two scoundrels 'Joe & Nick', like we would all be fooled into thinking it was two different people because he'd swapped the names round! Classic. Dec and Ant? No idea who they could be.

After the laughter comes the slump. It happened last time the delirium came and it's happened this time also. I was literally giggling at my screen one second and then upset the next.

Interested in Risen Bishop's theory that he's not a narcissist, as I very much had him pegged as one, but I also have very much enjoyed reading your knowledge and insight, RB, and I wonder if I've just assumed he was a narcissist without really considering an alternative.

One weird thing that I didn't think was picked up on clearly enough was the fact that he text Helen that he was sorry he had called the police. Why was he sorry? Either J&N hadn't told him he could call the police, in which case calling them to make up a wild story about her being missing, instead of telling them she had been captured would put her in just as much danger. And if he had permission from J&N, then why was he telling Helen he was sorry for contacting them? The ONLY explanation for that was to perpetuate the story that she had gone missing of her own volition, and it ONLY related to contact with Helen, so isn't helpful to any story other than self-preservation.

I'm not sure enough was made of that.

It's actions in plan 1 don't fit into plan 2. In plan 1 where Helen wanted time away and no contact then him apologising for calling the police would makes sense. In Plan 2 where Helen is kidnapped , it makes so little sense that I don't think he's even bothered to try to explain it.

yes Lozda appears he's a epitome of a psycho and I'd trust Risen to know best.

RSBM - I definitely do trust Risen to know best :) That's why I mean I wonder why I so strongly felt he was a narcissist - maybe just blinkers.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12595743

[FONT=&amp]15:31[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Stewart objected to police search because of disruption

F: The search you objected to was a search on May 18?
S: Yes
F: How many times had the premises, grounds, garages and outbuildings been searched by this point?
S: There was a big search with 18 plus officers, there was a dog search, and two other smaller searches. At least four other searches. In the big search they’d broken two things, the pool cover and a china duck. It was a total disruption, you can’t imagine seeing people tear your house to bits. It was more about that than anything
[/FONT]

F*CK the duck you miserable specimen!! I need a drinky-poo or more BP pills!!

Surprised he didnt ask if he could phone a friend

Ha, yes, I got the wrong programme

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire is much more up his street

and, he could have asked the audience at Court

RSBM - I definitely do trust Risen to know best :) That's why I mean I wonder why I so strongly felt he was a narcissist - maybe just blinkers.

no me too - he was replying to my OP where I asked was x,y,z an example of that "narcissistic injury" etc. ie you n me both. It's complex stuff.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12595743

[FONT=&amp]14:28[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Stewart had planned to tell police about kidnap

T: Jurors will want to know exactly how your mind was working. What is it you felt you couldn’t tell the police? S: I couldn’t tell them about Joe and Nick, and all the things that happened
T: What would happen if now [after your arrest] you told police Helen had been kidnapped?
S: My plan was to tell them but they told me they wouldn’t talk to me. In my mind I was going to tell them everything. I thought ‘if Helen’s dead they might as well know everything’.
T: What changed?
S: Time passed, and I took the advice of my solicitor not to say anything. The mannerisms of the police didn’t ring true
T: By this point you had been arrested for murder. What had changed your thinking to the point where you were going to tell them?
S: It wasn’t a clear cut decision at all, it wasn’t a yes or no
T: Why when you were sitting in an interview room with experienced major crime unit officers did you not tell the truth?
S: I’ve already told you that - time passed and my solicitor said to say nothing
[/FONT]

Apologies, I'm still 8 pages behind.

But time passed is being spent in a prison cell. You don't just let that happen if you can provide information which would get you released.

Nuffin'? So Trimmer was being sarky? Or a 'not' was missed out and he actually said it was not a major part of his defence, and IS said 'No'?

T: At some point in this tale Joe and Nick told you they wanted compensation.
S: Yes. I asked what they meant by compensation, Nick said half a million pounds.
T: On the things you might want to remember in your defence case statement is the fact they asked for half a million. But you didn’t, did you? Isn’t that a headline? ‘They asked me for half a million?’
S: The fact that Helen was dead was the headline in my mind
T: You understood that writing a defence case statement was to gather a summary of the major parts of the defence
S: Yes

T: That Helen had taken Zopiclone was a major part of your defence
S: No

previous day's testimony - Friday's

Trimmer: “If she had zopiclone in her system that’s because she took it herself.”Stewart: “Yes”.
Trimmer: “Those facts don’t feature in your defence case statement.”
Stewart: “It didn’t come in my mind. It came back to me later. It came back to me when I was first given the pathologist report to read.”
Trimmer: “You knew you were being accused of poisoning Helen, smothering her, then putting her in the cesspit.
“By the date your defence case had been served in December you had the majority of documents in the defence case.
“You knew perfectly well the prosecution were alleging you had poisoned her.”
Stewart: “Yes”
Trimmer: “Why did these facts not appear in your defence case statement?
Stewart: “They just don’t, I didn’t put it all together. My defence had nothing to do with that zopiclone.
Trimmer: “They are lies”
Stewart: “No”

I've been catching up like crazy.

I wept with laughter at Joe & Nick being wheeled in. I also thought it was hilarious how when he was asked who the men were he said 'It's Nick & Joe' and then went back to calling our two scoundrels 'Joe & Nick', like we would all be fooled into thinking it was two different people because he'd swapped the names round! Classic. Dec and Ant? No idea who they could be.

After the laughter comes the slump. It happened last time the delirium came and it's happened this time also. I was literally giggling at my screen one second and then upset the next.

Interested in Risen Bishop's theory that he's not a narcissist, as I very much had him pegged as one, but I also have very much enjoyed reading your knowledge and insight, RB, and I wonder if I've just assumed he was a narcissist without really considering an alternative.

One weird thing that I didn't think was picked up on clearly enough was the fact that he text Helen that he was sorry he had called the police. Why was he sorry? Either J&N hadn't told him he could call the police, in which case calling them to make up a wild story about her being missing, instead of telling them she had been captured would put her in just as much danger. And if he had permission from J&N, then why was he telling Helen he was sorry for contacting them? The ONLY explanation for that was to perpetuate the story that she had gone missing of her own volition, and it ONLY related to contact with Helen, so isn't helpful to any story other than self-preservation.

I'm not sure enough was made of that.

Whatever he is I suspect he believes his own story and will do forever. He can't admit guilt to himself even.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can't really tell without knowing them well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

no me too - he was replying to my OP where I asked was x,y,z an example of that "narcissistic injury" etc. ie you n me both. It's complex stuff.

Haha, and I was just extending the compliment to Risen and ensuring it didn't look like I was calling him out. Basically, we're all in love and meant no ill will :laughing:

Nuffin'? So Trimmer was being sarky? Or a 'not' was missed out and he actually said it was not a major part of his defence, and IS said 'No'?

Strimmer was saying that Helen dosing herself with zopiclone was a necessity for IS' defence.

IS said he didn't put it in his defence because zopiclone had nothing to do with her death so he didn't think about putting it in his statement.

Basically he is saying he wasn't aware that poisoning was alleged.

previous day's testimony - Friday's

Thanks for reposting that, CW. I thought that was all we'd heard, but the way Strimmer slipped it in today slightly disconcerted me.

The things that weren't in his defence statement are going to come back to haunt him when Strimmer does his final speech, aren't they...

imagine having to live with this appalling man, being brought up by him.....

it's bad enough having to listen to him for, say, 6 hours over just a few days.
(Makes me feel blessed to have normal/well-adjusted family.)

Strimmer was saying that Helen dosing herself with zopiclone was a necessity for IS' defence.

IS said he didn't put it in his defence because zopiclone had nothing to do with her death so he didn't think about putting it in his statement.

Basically he is saying he wasn't aware that poisoning was alleged.

Thanks, Tortoise. I get that, and realise IS suddenly developed his new defence in response to the evidence he'd heard in court, but just wanted to clarify Strimmer's line of questioning today. It's clearer if you look at the previous section posted rather than taking it (#385) on its own as I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper