GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know both towns well....st Albans better than Luton though.... I could make a very good guess as to why these stats are as they are... Will do so after verdict

I think I can guess the reason also. If I`m correct, then I`m not sure it`s such a good thing!

I hope they release the video of his arrest. Probably won't though. We'll just get a 30 second clip of the silent interview.

If a documentary is made I think his arrest will be shown as it was in the Sadie Hartley case.

I'm sure Boris will be taken into account as a aggravating factor in the sentencing.

I'm still hoping that, as he's found guilty, a voice will shout from the public gallery "I did not break that ornament Mr Ian!".

IS obviously finds it more distressing for the ear of a hare ornament to be broken off than a real dog to be killed.

To search in tapatalk you need to be in the forum page (first pic) then tap the menu button top right and the search option is there (second pic).

c04ef57b9e70a2733785d1dc500c0daa.jpg

a6bdbf2d752e0d0de52cffee827f1b3e.jpg

An aside. When IS is found guilty and sentenced then the dastardly pair, Nick and Joe, as figments of his imagination will also be incarcerated with him. A judicial hat-trick for the prosecution!

Great thought ! A bit of company for him ! :poke: :slapfight:

I'm sure Boris will be taken into account as a aggravating factor in the sentencing.

I'm still hoping that, as he's found guilty, a voice will shout from the public gallery "I did not break that ornament Mr Ian!".
It would not be possible for the death of Boris to be used when sentencing. Essentially he is just a piece of evidence in this trial and nothing more.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Yeah - that peeves me that accident theory because I think Counsel is pulling a fast one in terms of evidential procedure.

This can get esoteric so apologies in advance.

Yes Prosecution must prove death by unlawful killing. By extension this means death by accident must be disproved. If the jury is uncertain on that point it must acquit.

BUT

While it would be legit for Counsel to run a passive defence where he simply invites the Prosecution to prove its case and throw mud against the wall. "What about an accident!" ...

... the trouble with this approach is evidential. IS obviously knows whether it was an accident or not.

Because IS lied in his interviews you are now in big trouble either way whether you call him or not. But at least it is possible. But he would have to testify to an accident, or not testify.

What I do not believe you can do is advance multiple mutually exclusive theories and challenge the prosecution to disprove them all.

Counsel led positive evidence of murder by Nick and Joe.

I don't see that he can now legitimately undermine his clients own testimony with a 3rd version even if it might be true.

To me it is not worthy of serious consideration.

If the accused has 3 versions, then we are past the point of giving him the benefit of the doubt

Unless we are Judge Masipa.

Seriously, I hope that what you say is right in English law. Must be, surely. :crossfingers:

I've just had a silly thought. What if all the members of the jury are owners or previous owners of sausage dogs!

:facepalm:

:runaway:

Great thought ! A bit of company for him ! :poke: :slapfight:

I was going to say something about prison overcrowding, but they won't take up much room.

Please save the other prisoners from being taught "computer skills" by IS...

An interesting titbit.

I was out socially today and introduced to a criminal barrister who practises across East Anglia and the northern reach of the Home Counties - he has frequent cases in Cambridge, Luton and St Albans.

Talk turned to the Helen Bailey case over lunch and he remarked that St Albans is what is known among counsel as a "convicting court", where there is a far higher likelihood of conviction than average. No-one knows why this should be the case, but across the country there are courts where juries are known for predominantly either acquitting or convicting.

The barrister said that if he was IS's defence he would have hoped for trial Luton Crown Court, rather than St Albans, as acquittal rates are typically high in Bedfordshire. In his view, IS needs "all the help he can get."

BIB
Interesting observation about the courts but surely he didn't think a different court would make a difference to IS? I mean, this isn't exactly a borderline case?

I think I can guess the reason also. If I`m correct, then I`m not sure it`s such a good thing!

Oooo I live in StAlbans I am intrigued [emoji51]

I would have gone to the trial but can't get out at the mo, hmmm thinking ......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To search in tapatalk you need to be in the forum page (first pic) then tap the menu button top right and the search option is there (second pic).

c04ef57b9e70a2733785d1dc500c0daa.jpg

a6bdbf2d752e0d0de52cffee827f1b3e.jpg

Thank you [emoji106]

An aside. When IS is found guilty and sentenced then the dastardly pair, Nick and Joe, as figments of his imagination will also be incarcerated with him. A judicial hat-trick for the prosecution!

personally I'd find it much more satisfying if the Nick and Joe who were paraded in court sued the backside off him for the stress and trauma of him linking them erroneously and intentionally to a murder they had nothing to do with!

From the impression I've formed of him from this case, losing money would hurt him more than a prison sentence!

All that depends of course on a guilty verdict. I'm a pessimist by nature but surely he has to be?

Apologies - I can't remember who mentioned this but I watched the Widower - the series about Malcolm Webster. It was really good , though so sad for the families. And the parallels between him and IS..... I couldn't believe it especially the Salford Uni link.
Thoroughly recommended to anyone who hasn't watched it.

Basically, she was a Canadian tourist who went missing here in Scotland. Police searches failed to find her but a local lady persevered and searched for her daily. Her family had to return home but a friend of Susan's came over from Canada, stayed here for some months, organised searches and on one of these searches, a member of the public found her. It showed the true compassion of a friend and locals unknown to Susan, how they simply wouldn't give up on finding her.

Apologies as I know this is off topic.

O/T

I've just come back out the other side of the rabbit hole. Amazing thread - just goes to show that what we do on these threads, amongst the chatter and banter, is important. It's important to show the families and friends of the victims that they're not alone and that we care.

The people that go out and search are just amazing, selfless beings.

Just another reason not to be silenced by those who don't understand what the purpose of this site is.

RSBM

I literally love you, Squamous.

On a separate note, thanks for posting those instructions; very appreciated.

:laughing:

BbgL7x3.gif

Thanks from me too, Squamous- hopefully now I'm on tapatalk it will help with all the crashing problems I get using the site on an iPad.

It would not be possible for the death of Boris to be used when sentencing. Essentially he is just a piece of evidence in this trial and nothing more.

I've said this before, but no matter.

He will pay in many ways for what he did to Boris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melavista21