GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsure if this has been covered but he had actually taken out an insurance policy which covered him for 75% of his salary should he become ill (critical illness policy?)
I find this quite amazing because few people - and I certainly wouldn`t have thought that IS would be one of these few - not only think to do this as it can be very expensive, but to actually get the policy honoured as most of them have so many hidden sub clauses, that very few actually do indeed deliver the goods. And didn`t IS do amazingly well from it!

That's strange that he got accepted for this cover seeing as he was supposedly not in good health. He'd have to have gone for a full medical and would have been declined or his premium heavily loaded if they had found something wrong with him. It confirms there wasn't.

OMG - he took out one of those pricey insurance policies as a young man and then, what do you know, he gets to benefit from it, for most of his adult life??? He is an arch manipulator and a serial 'something for nothing', play the system/people in general/your nearest and dearest for everything you can get, merchant.

What are the chances he didn't murder his wife Diane?!

Poor Diane. It is so heartbreaking. Watching "the widower"and seeing so many striking similarities between him and Malcolm Webster I do wonder about Diane.

It should put a nice dent in his nest egg, anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sadly, BatFace - yet another thing he has prevented his Son's from having .. during his pre-longed and nonsensical Defence. IF he had pleaded Guilty he could have prevented Helen's family weeks of torture in Court - and his Sons some privacy, whilst they were shocked and in grief. I hope he does not have Legal Aid.

Just catching up. Will post shortly though nothing much to report as I can see it`s all been covered here, beautifully as usual.
May be wrong, (have a huge inferiority complex amongst all you sharp eyed sleuths lol) but didn`t he go on the pretext of "I wanted to know if Helen had accessed any funds?", or words to the effect. (As if she would rather than her bank account!) Of course, he just didn`t have the patience to wait until Tony was available to speak to him by phone...

Didn't he also put it about that she had access to a "four figure" amount of cash that was kept in the house? To explain away why her cards were not being used, of course. So clever he thinks he is.

Re Fay :I remember after the Sadie Hartley case we saw pictures of Katrina Walsh and Sarah Willams. I imagine we will see an image of IS.
I totally agree! From the sketch he looks like he no longer has a beard although Michelle and anyone attending will know more.

No beard, lost quite a bit of weight, shorter hair.

I guess if he got the policy several years ago then he would have been healthy. Definitely more than 19 years ago.

That's strange that he got accepted for this cover seeing as he was supposedly not in good health. He'd have to have gone for a full medical and would have been declined or his premium heavily loaded if they had found something wrong with him. It confirms there wasn't.

Depends when he took it out.

Lol Net - that was one of the reasons for the late start. He wasn`t taken to the wrong prison - it was that there was no room left at the inn!

Ahhh - now you`re making me wonder. Maybe I got misheard! I know that Judge wasn`t best pleased!

Didn't he also put it about that she had access to a "four figure" amount of cash that was kept in the house? To explain away why her cards were not being used, of course. So clever he thinks he is.

I remember that from when Helen first went missing. I've seen no reference to it since though.

Unsure if this has been covered but he had actually taken out an insurance policy which covered him for 75% of his salary should he become ill (critical illness policy?)
I find this quite amazing because few people - and I certainly wouldn`t have thought that IS would be one of these few - not only think to do this as it can be very expensive, but to actually get the policy honoured as most of them have so many hidden sub clauses, that very few actually do indeed deliver the goods. And didn`t IS do amazingly well from it!

Now that is a coincidence too far.

Do we know it was honoured?

IS suffered from myasthenia gravis, a neuromuscular disease that leads to varying degrees of skeletal muscle weakness and a little research shows that with treatment most of those affected lead relatively normal lives and have a normal life expectancy. This was born out by expert medical witnesses during the trial

So would an insurance company really cough up 75% of his salary for the last 20 years based on a condition that would demonstrably not have prevented him working?

From my knowledge of insurance companies I don’t think so!

Make sure you don't miss last Monday when Nick and Joe were brought into court. A lot of ladies' underwear was changed that day :D

I think IS gave evidence during Tuesday and Wednesday of the week before but I could be wrong. And no he couldn't keep his lies straight it was an insult to every juror's intelligence IMO.

ETA: In case of doubt I meant lots of my underwear, not lots of ladies. I can't speak for my learned friends here :D

Although I suspect therisenbishop favours a silk French design ;)

Tsk! Tsk! Net - do you mean "lady`s underwear", "ladies` underwear", "laddies underwear" or something different entirely :eek:

IS suffered from myasthenia gravis, a neuromuscular disease that leads to varying degrees of skeletal muscle weakness and a little research shows that with treatment most of those affected lead relatively normal lives and have a normal life expectancy. This was born out by expert medical witnesses during the trial

So would an insurance company really cough up 75% of his salary for the last 20 years based on a condition that would demonstrably not have prevented him working?

That`s what was said today - lucky IS huh?? I was very surprised indeed.

I remember that from when Helen first went missing. I've seen no reference to it since though.

There was no mention of a four figure sum (at least in the reporting) but there was a witness who said he told her that Helen had a lot of cash on her. I'll see if I can find it because I don't know which day it was. I'll be back!

Might not have had it at the time he took out the CI policy

[FONT=&amp]Next witness: Julie Phipps, team leader social worker[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“He had been referred to us for anxiety. I didn’t initially think there was anything wrong and was initially dismissive because Helen had not been found.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“We were met at the front by Ian and went through to the living room. Ian sat in a single arm chair.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“I do recall Ian said the police had wanted to search the house again and he had refused.”
“He also said he had a holiday booked. Should he cancel it or not?[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“He seemed dismissive of the idea she couldn’t survive without accessing her bank account.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“He said she had plenty of cash.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“He came across with no evidence of anxiety or depression. He gave no indication on an emotional level of distress about Helen being missing. There was just nothing at all.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-jury-12538102

That was lucky, first one I looked at.

Now we know who probably leaked the info to the press.[/FONT]

Lies and more lies. Incidentally, 'four' was on his mind .. 4 figure - £4,000 - and 4th April (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herr_indoors