GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just getting in but feeling mighty reassured by Judge Bright laying out the bald facts in such conclusive fashion. The piles comment was brilliant, I don't think it's quite accurate unless "scar tissue" is a euphemism but it was perfect!

I wondered about that too, when he was covering what was found or otherwise in Helen's history/searches. No mention of Helen's deep concern about feeling so tired and losing hours at a time. My guess is that he has to stick within certain parameters? Yet, he did bring the engagement ring into it.

He definitely will cover it if he hasn't already.

He hasn't covered the zopiclone yet has he?

ETA in relation to Helen's iPad searches about sleeping in the day

No, but he clearly hasn't finished the prosecution points yet.

Just getting in but feeling mighty reassured by Judge Bright laying out the bald facts in such conclusive fashion. The piles comment was brilliant, I don't think it's quite accurate unless "scar tissue" is a euphemism but it was perfect!

Stewart leaves the dock with rubber ring stuck to his backside. Hehe!

Maybe he wanted some lunch. I assume he will go through the Defence evidence tomorrow and hopefully make very short work of it

Poor Michelle, wasn't she going to arrive at lunch time? I hope she looked in before setting out.

No, she would have gone early as we already knew there was something else scheduled for the afternoon.

I love Judge Bright. LOVE.

Yes - LozDa - he is living up to his name. Bright and illuminating. Strimmer - strims - and Flinty - is like having something in one's eye whilst hearing his Defence .. painful.

It'll be in one of those bits that didn't get tweeted.

Yes - LozDa - he is living up to his name. Bright and illuminating. Strimmer - strims - and Flinty - is like having something in one's eye whilst hearing his Defence .. painful.

How very brilliant joely!

The Judge was clearly paying attention throughout, wasn't he - he has picked up on every discrepancy in IS' stories.
Brilliant stuff - I think the Bean of little brain might be requesting a rubber sheet on his bed tonight!

Let's not forget that the UK by and large has absolutely elite Judges in terms of knowledge and training!

It's a shame that in criminal cases the Judge is not more encouraged to joust with counsel over obvious inaccuracies for the benefit of the jury. Its a feature of civil trials which adds a lot of rigour!

Love that Judge Bright got in another mention of his Farmer Giles - very childish of me I know, but it always makes me titter when his Buttock McNuggets are mentioned in open court!

Love that Judge Bright got in another mention of his Farmer Giles - very childish of me I know, but it always makes me titter when his Buttock McNuggets are mentioned in open court!

It was needed I think, since Stewart repeated so many times that he had been diagnosed with cancer and only had 3 months to live.

Cant wait to hear the judges post verdict chat, sounds like hes quite clear in his belief of what happened

Loving Judge Bright today! He's doing such a marvellous job in painting the prosecution's picture so far. And correcting 'cancer' to 'piles' was just brilliant, I laughed so much at that. Thank you for the updates Alyce, and happy birthday Jen! :partyguy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper