GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“The prosecution say the defendant knew perfectly well where Helen and Boris’ bodies were, which is why he made repeated reference to the garage door being open.

“The defendant in his evidence however, said he was concerned about the garage door as he thought there might have been a burglary overnight.”

Of course, that's why he didn't say to police 'have I been burgled?'

Prepared statement made

“At the start of the first interview with police, a prepared statement said: ‘I’ve spoken to the police on numerous occasions in relation to the whereabouts of Helen Bailey, from April 11. I have nothing further to say.’

“There were two further prepared statements, relating to the Arsenal season tickets and the standing order alteration.

“Other than these statements, there was nothing else by way of a response. “On July 12 the defendant was interviewed again and answered no questions. He was released on bail with conditions preventing him from returning home.

“Him and his two sons were accommodated in a nearby hotel, while officers continued with a painstaking search of the Royston home. “It was noticed there was an access cover in the garage, immediately beneath where Helen’s Jeep had been parked.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12627822

Arm visible in cess pit

“The following day police managed to lift the cover. Sergeant Oliphant thought the cess pit needed to be emptied.

“It was now realised the cess pit in the garden was intended to take the overflow of the cess pit from the garage. “The hatch was reopened on July 15. There was a thick crust on what lie beneath the cess pit.

“Once the crust was broken, a human arm became visible. “Helen Bailey’s body had been recovered, together with the body of her pet dog Boris, a pillow slip, a dog’s toy and binbags.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12627822

Prepared statement made

“At the start of the first interview with police, a prepared statement said: ‘I’ve spoken to the police on numerous occasions in relation to the whereabouts of Helen Bailey, from April 11. I have nothing further to say.’

“There were two further prepared statements, relating to the Arsenal season tickets and the standing order alteration.

“Other than these statements, there was nothing else by way of a response. “On July 12 the defendant was interviewed again and answered no questions. He was released on bail with conditions preventing him from returning home.

“Him and his two sons were accommodated in a nearby hotel, while officers continued with a painstaking search of the Royston home. “It was noticed there was an access cover in the garage, immediately beneath where Helen’s Jeep had been parked.”

I've got nothing to say about her being missing, or about the people who kidnapped her, but I'll defend my honour over the money and the Arsenal tickets.

Speaks volumes.

I'm getting so angry reading this today. What a murdering .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helen Bailey joked about pit being a good place to hide a body

“Once Helen’s body had been recovered, her brother John remembered he had visited Helen on 10 August 2013, shortly after the couple had purchased the Royston house.

“He remembered Helen telling him there was an old well in the garage, and he said there was banter in the defendant’s presence, that his sister had almost certainly instigated, that the well would be a good place to hide a body.”

Standing order increased to £4,000

Stewart rearranged an appointment at Bassingbourn surgery for later on that same afternoon, citing car trouble.

“Someone using the router at Baldock Road in Royston was successful on logging onto Helen’s bank account at 2pm that afternoon.

“That standing order was increased to £4,000 per month, with effect from May 7, 2016.

“You’ll want to ask yourself whether Helen would have been alive at that time, and could have amended that standing order herself.

“Janice Richards claimed to have seen Helen walking her dog between 1pm and 2.20pm.

“Angela John said she saw Helen out walking between 3.40pm and 3.50pm on April 11.

“It is for you to decide how important this evidence of the sightings of Helen Bailey will be.”

Juxtaposing the accounts like that of two almost overlapping putative "walks" very effective

Stewart's arrest

“Stewart was arrested for murder at 7.02am on Monday July 11 at the Royston house.

“The arrest was recorded on a bodycam and the footage was played to you.

“At 7.03am the defendant said ‘why? I don’t understand what happened. Have you found Helen? Where is she? I don’t know why the garage is open’.

“The prosecution say the defendant knew perfectly well where Helen and Boris’ bodies were, which is why he made repeated reference to the garage door being open.

“The defendant in his evidence however, said he was concerned about the garage door as he thought there might have been a burglary overnight.”

and of course, that is just what you would be worrying about when arrested for murder - to check if there had been a burglary

I'd forgotten that when he was worried about the garage, Helen hadnt even been found in there yet.

I've got nothing to say about her being missing, or about the people who kidnapped her, but I'll defend my honour over the money and the Arsenal tickets.

Speaks volumes.

He really should have blamed Nick & Joe.

Death from natural causes 'extremely unlikely'

Forensic pathologist Nathaniel Cary conducted a postmortem of Helen’s body. “He said Helen was wearing no shoes.

He was able to conclude that death by natural causes was extremely unlikely.

“He found no evidence of assault, restraint, or compressive neck injury. “Serious violence was excluded as a cause of death, but he said he could not exclude interference to Helen’s airways, via smothering or compression of the neck via an arm lock.”

I've been listening to podcasts this week about a thing called the backfire effect. It's basically if you have a held view then someone tries to change your mind with evidence it can actually make your held view stronger. I think this was apparent this week when the defence got started and how averse we were all in hearing it. Hopefully all the jury were totally decided by the time defence started as we all were...

Pathologist said third party 'almost certainly' involved in death

“Dr Cary said smothering or compression of the neck could have been easier achieved if Helen had ingested Zopiclone.

“He said a third party was almost certainly involved in Helen’s death.

He said Helen’s death may have occurred while she was in a state of sleepiness, or unconsciousness.

“He said he found no evidence Helen had drowned, but that drowning could not be excluded as a cause of death.”

Wow this is a brilliant summing up. Only had time to look in just now. At first I thought the jury was out and Alyce was recapping the most incriminating evidence.

Any doubts I had over the verdict are gone.

Looking forward to how Bright sums up Nick & Joe and the tiny phone etc

The tiny phone. Makes me die every time.

attachment.php

I've been listening to podcasts this week about a thing called the backfire effect. It's basically if you have a held view then someone tries to change your mind with evidence it can actually make your held view stronger. I think this was apparent this week when the defence got started and how averse we were all in hearing it. Hopefully all the jury were totally decided by the time defence started as we all were...

Yes...though the main reason we were averse was that there wasn't any evidence!

My cat has come home with a scar on his face the same as IS's. And a guilty look on his face. I think that is all the evidence we need :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member